Stolen artwork being used by FCD Events for Cal-Mah 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Ah, Stargate Command affiliation did not endear them to me.
    Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
    Stargate Command was useless considering the geoblock
    That is part of why I feel I am being bullied by sites with those logos on them with the art theft: I spoke out against that nationalist geoblocking and also the race-based faction segregation and lore bashing, both of which which split up fans. Regardless, art theft is uncalled for.

I hope Apple or Netflix buys MGM this April and puts and end to the shenanigans. From experience, Apple has respected and helped me in a timely manner as an artist, including with stolen art on the defunct SGC app in the Apple store, and Netflix has been known to hire and pay fan artists.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It was indeed... so for me that was a dealbreaker as far FCD was concerned.
      I would have payed for Stargate Command if all the content was available to me in Sweden but alas.

Comment

^That is why I did not pay for it, because it was not available for all fans and I did not wish to support that

But, I really hope something can be done about that art theft, WraithTech, sadly it's not comforting enough when such things happen that someone likes your art as much as to steal it. Is just not right at all

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
          ^That is why I did not pay for it, because it was not available for all fans and I did not wish to support that

But, I really hope something can be done about that art theft, WraithTech, sadly it's not comforting enough when such things happen that someone likes your art as much as to steal it. Is just not right at all
          This. I don't have high-speed access at all in my region and it would be kind of weird to have art on a site (or con) I am not participating in and a site most of the world can't stream. Also, the sites have to be friendly to all the Stargate races-- most sites have not felt welcoming to me as a Wraith fan or in speaking out against stereotypes of the other lore races too.

Also to your point about SGC access, that irony has always been part of the annoyance factor: other people want their art up and have been publicly asking while I have not felt welcomed for all the Wraith-bashing and asked for it to be removed. If the point was to enjoy fan art, I wish they would have made a gallery anyone could contribute to who wanted to and who volunteered, for all the world, new fans and old, respectful of all the Stargate races, for all art media. There are so many digital and traditional arts, prop sculpts, 3D worlds, cosplays, for the characters and also the tech such as the gates themselves. Even for literature, why not respectful 6 word stories, haikus, etc.? A rotating monthly gallery would probably have been needed to keep up.

Comment

Working...
          X