Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Is she? When did that happen?
    Oh - ok - I've been called on my comment?

It's just based on a comment from a YouTuber - Trek,Actually I think... who was talking about Ro, and how she was a great ST:TNG character, and a shame Michelle Forbes couldn't be convinced to make the jump to STS9. He then said she was probably dead, as there was a throw-away line at some point (DS9 or VOY?) about "most" of the Maquis having been killed.

So - Ro's not dead... But... could be. She's like - Ro Schrödinger.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Icheb was the one thing I didn't really like so much in this episode. For a start the flashback scene was a bit too full on. Jeri Ryan is a good enough actress that she could have sold it by just describing what had happened and we still would have got the horror of it all.
      I have to agree on the "too full on" comment regarding the "extraction/torture" scenes. The drill thing moving toward his eye was plenty - and in keeping with what we've seen before in Star Trek, particularly relating to Borg. We did not need to see his eye being extracted... (!) Even Reservoir Dogs did not actually show the guy's ear being cut off, even if a lot of people believe that they saw it afterwards.

At film school we were shown Un Chien Andalou, with its infamous razor blade - eyeball scene... There really is something just so wrong about eyes having nasty things done to them!

My 12yo is very keen to watch Picard, and this was the first episode that I've really felt - NO WAY! At least - not without me chopping those bits out first.

The death of Ichy didn't do much for me - I'm not a huge Voyager fan - though it will possibly mean more to my son, given that I used the Borg as a doorway into Star Trek, so of course, has watched a lot of Voyager eps now, especially from 7 of 9's era.

Back on topic... I'm sure given that 7 swiped the transporter patch thingy, that she's going to be rescued at the start of the next ep...
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
        I have to agree on the "too full on" comment regarding the "extraction/torture" scenes. The drill thing moving toward his eye was plenty - and in keeping with what we've seen before in Star Trek, particularly relating to Borg. We did not need to see his eye being extracted... (!) Even Reservoir Dogs did not actually show the guy's ear being cut off, even if a lot of people believe that they saw it afterwards.

At film school we were shown Un Chien Andalou, with its infamous razor blade - eyeball scene... There really is something just so wrong about eyes having nasty things done to them!

My 12yo is very keen to watch Picard, and this was the first episode that I've really felt - NO WAY! At least - not without me chopping those bits out first.

The death of Ichy didn't do much for me - I'm not a huge Voyager fan - though it will possibly mean more to my son, given that I used the Borg as a doorway into Star Trek, so of course, has watched a lot of Voyager eps now, especially from 7 of 9's era.

Back on topic... I'm sure given that 7 swiped the transporter patch thingy, that she's going to be rescued at the start of the next ep...
        I kinda get why they did it that way. The basis is that it is effectively a reverse assimilation. But yeah...
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ro's dead.

As for "3 Soong Androids" - there was 4.
          B4, Lore, Data, and Juliana Tainer.

This episode was pretty good, I thought. I similarly wasn't really expecting the Doc to be suspect (other than from comments here), but it became pretty clear "something was going on" in this ep... Will be interesting to see how long her secret holds out.
          Picard stated that Data has two daughters - Dahj and Soji. But there was no mention of his third daughter - Lol.
          Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

So they're going for shock value, eh?
            This kind of thing can cost viewers. When CW?'s "Gotham" Batman prequal had a female char. scoop her own eye out, that was the last scene I ever watched in that show.

And I don't even have kids to worry about.

Comment

I can't stand even my own finger close to my eye and shuddered at the view. Graphic violence -- depending on the type, some of it is more acceptable than others, I guess.

Sidenote: I take issue with the rib-saw/cutter in medical examiner scenes, or when it's used in ER scenes. Makes the shivers run down my spine like you have no idea and for a great while I even closed my eyes. (I have no memory of it, obviously, but I have had my ribs cut from my thoracic bone -- my imagination does the rest in such instances)

Fingers being broken and noses cracked -- also make me shudder every single time.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I can't stand even my own finger close to my eye and shuddered at the view. Graphic violence -- depending on the type, some of it is more acceptable than others, I guess.

Sidenote: I take issue with the rib-saw/cutter in medical examiner scenes, or when it's used in ER scenes. Makes the shivers run down my spine like you have no idea and for a great while I even closed my eyes. (I have no memory of it, obviously, but I have had my ribs cut from my thoracic bone -- my imagination does the rest in such instances)

Fingers being broken and noses cracked -- also make me shudder every single time.
                I'm the same way with surgical scenes in medical shows such as Grey's Anatomy (is that EVER going to die?).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Oh my goddess... I wanted to hug Seven so badly. Also bad-ass...
                  Also Icheb...

Why must she be put through the ringer like this?!?
                  Secretly likes the whump but

And damn it... Agnes... why...
                  You tagging along was suspicious from the get-go but damn I wanted to be proven wrong so badly.

Rios with his feather. Elnor disappointed he doesn't get a pop-up add.
                  The EMH popping up at random.

Bad-ass Seven of Nine blowing Jay to kingdom come (Necar from NCIS New Orleans in a different setting ). I want one of those blasters (next prop project -- hell yeah).

And also... I can't say this enough... that intro... my goddess, I love it.
                  I wish I didn't have to download this cause oh my goddess, I want to throw all my money at it so that we can have loads more Picard. This better be released on DVD with lots of extras.
                  Since you said it best...I just kept it the way it is. I really loved Seven...you could really feel her pain regarding Icheb.

I like Elnor's personality in this one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X