• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    I can just picture it.

Q: "Hello Jean-Luc. Did you miss me?"
    Picard: "Oh merde! Not you again!"
    I actually think it'd be the other way round. Picard would be pleased to see Q because he might be able to convince him to help him. And Q being mad as hell at Picard for squandering the time he'd been given. While also being slightly smug over the fact that humanity was seemingly sliding backward again.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

C'mon though... say it wasn't just me...

ENGAGE!

Meh, well, it was nice sentiment, though the more we see of Picard bouncing over furniture / blown metres away by explosions... the less realistic it feels, as even in the year whatever-it-is - Picard is a frail old man, and those kinds of fights shouldn't be something he could shake off.

I agree it would have been good to have basically what is the first 3 episodes condensed into a 90min opening "movie length", and then they could have done some flashbacks in the next episode/s to pick up any pivotal plot points / background info... "Engage" should have been the end of the first episode.
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
        C'mon though... say it wasn't just me...

ENGAGE!

Meh, well, it was nice sentiment, though the more we see of Picard bouncing over furniture / blown metres away by explosions... the less realistic it feels, as even in the year whatever-it-is - Picard is a frail old man, and those kinds of fights shouldn't be something he could shake off.

I agree it would have been good to have basically what is the first 3 episodes condensed into a 90min opening "movie length", and then they could have done some flashbacks in the next episode/s to pick up any pivotal plot points / background info... "Engage" should have been the end of the first episode.
        The explosion was a bit much but the fight seemed perfectly believable. He was a brief distraction to the Romulan before getting knocked straight to the ground. As for shaking it off, well we know people in Star Trek live to be 120+ so it's still believable to me.

Comment

Yeah, given a birthdate of 2305, then he's in his mid-90s as the series opens.
          Last edited by BruTak; 11 February 2020, 06:54 AM. Reason: Typo.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Well in the third episode if you look how Picard chasing after Raffie or how she's name was in the back of the house that was lime the most 100 meters and then see hoe out of breath Picard was in there. I cant see him recover fast from the first episode explosion and then at home the fight with Romulans that are 10 times stronger then humans.
            sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

There's no way Beverley would have let him leave sickbay that fast...
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                Well in the third episode if you look how Picard chasing after Raffie or how she's name was in the back of the house that was lime the most 100 meters and then see hoe out of breath Picard was in there. I cant see him recover fast from the first episode explosion and then at home the fight with Romulans that are 10 times stronger then humans.
                See technically they should be but other than in the JJ Abrams movies we have never seen a Romulan being stronger than a human.

Comment

I wonder who's going to look after Raffi's "plants" while she's away?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                  X