Stargate merchandise - share your ideas here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate merchandise - share your ideas here

So the question is in the title. What would you like to get as a Stargate merchandise?

1. Fridge magnets : Jaffa symbols, glyphs, Army patches, chevrons (with or without gate elements for the 3 shows)
    2. Book shelf holder : like Egyptian design, half of the stargate
    3. Decorations : mini statues like MALP, DHD, jumper, ZPM, replicator, ships minatures, KINOs
    4. Cookie cutter forms : replicator block, Jaffa symbols, glyphs
    5. Bookmarks, book covers
    6. Garden statues : like a bigger Stargate for ponds, or smaller one for aquariums
    7. Christmas decorations

So just think about what would you spend money on and what was missing in the last. Maybe some of this can be made nowadays by a 3d printer or DIY.

I always wanted to see a book about the collected concept arts for the SG shows. Joe still has got such new ones what I haven't seen before.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Anything that could be used for Airsoft/Cosplay. Such as costume/uniform items etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      So the question is in the title. What would you like to get as a Stargate merchandise?

1. Fridge magnets : Jaffa symbols, glyphs, Army patches, chevrons (with or without gate elements for the 3 shows)
      2. Book shelf holder : like Egyptian design, half of the stargate
      3. Decorations : mini statues like MALP, DHD, jumper, ZPM, replicator, ships minatures, KINOs
      4. Cookie cutter forms : replicator block, Jaffa symbols, glyphs
      5. Bookmarks, book covers
      6. Garden statues : like a bigger Stargate for ponds, or smaller one for aquariums
      7. Christmas decorations

So just think about what would you spend money on and what was missing in the last. Maybe some of this can be made nowadays by a 3d printer or DIY.

I always wanted to see a book about the collected concept arts for the SG shows. Joe still has got such new ones what I haven't seen before.
      All of this above and quality action figures is what I want.

Comment

I have imained how cool it would be to have Christmas lights where lots of little acivated stargate would be on the tree and the blue lights would be hidden between the two edges of the activated wormhole.

Or they could restart the action figures with Universe or more Atlantis characters.

Hopefully we will see more if the franchise is ever restarted... Until that time we have to do it by ourselves.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I usually buy things that have practical use in my daily life, such as coffe mugs, t-shirts etc.

Comment

Replica weapons and props.

Reasonably priced so I may add to my T.E.R., Sodan staff and multitude on P90'ties.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It would be funny to see replicator block as printable objects or even as LEGO elements. Then everybody could build their favorite replicator from pieces like a puzzle.

Comment

It would be funny to see replicator block as printable objects or even as LEGO elements. Then everybody could build their favorite replicator from pieces like a puzzle.
                Speaking of Lego lots of official Lego models is that I want

Comment

There are some Best-Lock models :
                  https://www.gateworld.net/toys/best-lock/

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
                    Speaking of Lego lots of official Lego models is that I want
                    It's unlikely that Lego would license Stargate.
                    They apparently have a policy in place which prohibits military style sets -- as in reflecting real life military which Stargate does.

There are 2 people that I know of, which have entered models for Lego's consideration. However, the selection process is long and quite difficult, so it's therefore very unlikely we will ever see anything Stargate licensed by Lego.

However, it doesn't stop anyone from creating something with Lego blocks themselves of course.

There are some Best-Lock models :
                    https://www.gateworld.net/toys/best-lock/
                    They are off a horrible quality and best be ignored at all costs.
                    To this day I've never received a replacement block to finish my Wraith Dart.

Lego, on the other hand, send me a replacement block a week after I request it.

Here's what a quick search on Etsy turned up -- all non-licensed obviously so legality is questionable depending what MGM's policy is on it (Disney would have send out a cease-and-desist letter at the first sign of copying).

Comment

I have directly tried to not comment the quality of them, but at least they were trying. I was even surprised that a Wraith Dart exists while no Pegasus galaxy stargate or jumper or anything else from SG:A.

Somehow MGM was always finding cheap solution and they hide sligthly amateurish companies to provide better quality merchandise products. I mean even if they have even invested millions of dollars into Stargate : Worlds, but that was also made by a small studio. Then the same happened with the comics. Simply we have not been lucky. The whole franchise could have been even stronger if it could have been supported by a bit more professional treatment on merchandise level.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/user/propworx
                        So many wasted costumes and props. They should have collecte these and make a permanent Stargate exhibition in Vancouver. There have shot so many shows (like BSG, Eureka, Once upon a time, Travelers, Dark matter) in this city that I am sure it could have been a great tourist attraction.

Comment

Men are practical, im not saying only men watch stargate, but i do think they are easy to target as consumers for fanbase products. Think of mugs, shirts, backpacks etc. Litle "cheap" things we often use.. pens, pencils it may seem a bit to disney style.. but they have a great grasp of milking theyre merchandise... the gains maybe small, but you would have walkthrough in ur products and therefore buizness.
                          That being sayd i think it would be gold if they could find a producer to produce some kind of "working" stargate. Thinking of a snow globe or something in that direction in wich to place ur mechanics, the gate etc.
                          By working i ofcourse mean the visual representation of the gate, its iconic dailing, its sounds and maybe even some effect to create the illusion of the gate opening... wich would be the most.. challanging part for sure! But if accoplished.. i think fans would jump on that ****

Comment

Originally posted by Bentopia Revolution View Post
                            Men are practical, im not saying only men watch stargate, but i do think they are easy to target as consumers for fanbase products.
                            You may want to take that back, probie... You might be better off taking a glance around the fandom before making your assumptions.

In any case, marketing your merchandise towards one gender these days, will backfire almost instantaneously. Just look at Disney. They've had their fair share of gender-aimed issues.

Comment

Im happy to hear there is a diverse audience for the stargate franchise.
                              I didnt mean to "attack" females with this remark.
                              Im not saying to "exclusivly" target, or that the female counterparts are less interested. I try not to discriminate, but even then, it sometimes sneaks in apearantly..
                              Every t-shirt you make can have 2 forms (colours), every backpack can have multiple prints etc..
                              But in the sale of these items u wil discover..
                              Just that "us boys" are more impulsive consumers and therefore easyer to target..
                              And im only suggesting this since i want to see MGM make the big bugs and make us another kick ass product.
                              (not that men have more money to spend, i would love to see samantha from the original series create her own series.)
                              She might even have the financial capability to finance it herself. Ive seen more people requesting this so i know there is a demand there
                              Being it a film or series.
                              Disney may have had its shares of blunders. (I have some idea since i concider myself a big disney fan among other fantasy/ sci fi genre's). But they have a good grasp of how to manage theyre empire
                              And it also made MANY MANY milions on theyre products.
                              Have u been there?
                              Ever seen the star wars shop?
                              Full with helmets, tiny robots (that dont do anything) lightsabers and all that.. AT's etc... for actualy quite a lot of money if you realize its just a peace of dyed plastic xD.
                              I wouldnt be surprised if they already made back the money they spend on star wars xD. Crazy people ^^
                              Again im glad that the interest for this genre extends to our female counterparts.
                              Honostly, i didnt expect this in relation to the militaristic part in the series.
                              (might just be my wife though i dunno, something about men with weapons just tunes her out, allthough i still hold hope she might like watching the series with me sometime)

Comment

Working...
                              X