CalMah vs FedCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalMah vs FedCon

Hey, first post so apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but I seem to have an undying love for Stargate. I was thinking of going to my first convention this year and came across those two mentioned in the header. I could financially go to either one, though the Hotels are drying up in Bonn last I checked. However, the people aspect of the conventions aren't that appealing (I'm Finnish), meeting actors etc. So I'm wondering first of all, what else is there to do on these conventions. Some of the talks seem to be interesting, however not imo enough on their own. I love Airsoft (half of my airsoft loadouts are Stargate related), so can you buy merch at these events? Etc. etc.

Atm, my impression is that CalMah seems more appealing because of less ppl, but that FedCon would have more non-people stuff to do and I can't decide which one to pick and I have no previous experience to draw from. Opinions, views?

It really depends on what you're going for.

I was going to Fedcon until my companion decided to choose a dance recital over a stargate convention so it's up in the air at the moment.

I could go alone, but I am uncomfortable traveling alone as I have anxiety issues, related to my autism. Yay me!

FedCon offers me the most interesting line-up and isn't in a country that's about to break away from the European Union. FedCon is at a 2h drive from my place (still in another country). It has Q&A, photoshoots, autograph sessions -- which you also have at CalMah. I do believe merchandise will be available at FedCon. Don't know about CalMah. Both have themed parties, that I do now.

FedCon will have other guests while CalMah will probably stick to Stargate-related only.

I don't know about prices. I only know the costs for FedCon, not CalMah.

Edit
    Also, Fedcon is 3 days. CalMah only 2.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can't speak for FedCon, but I've been to both Cal Mah events so far. The first one I wasn't overly keen on but I was willing to give it a second go and I thoroughly enjoyed the second event. Much better venue and organised. I've got tickets booked for the third event - which is at the same place as the second - so I'm quite looking forward to it!

They had some themed parties in the evenings, guest talks spaced throughout the days, signing, photoshoots, and they had some prop and costume displays. The retail is kinda lacking unfortunately, but there's just not as much Stargate merchandise these days. The Stargate novels team is usually there too which is always welcome.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Cal Mah has been using stolen artwork of mine, so I vote FedCon.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It really depends on what you're going for.

I was going to Fedcon until my companion decided to choose a dance recital over a stargate convention so it's up in the air at the moment.

I could go alone, but I am uncomfortable traveling alone as I have anxiety issues, related to my autism. Yay me!

FedCon offers me the most interesting line-up and isn't in a country that's about to break away from the European Union. FedCon is at a 2h drive from my place (still in another country). It has Q&A, photoshoots, autograph sessions -- which you also have at CalMah. I do believe merchandise will be available at FedCon. Don't know about CalMah. Both have themed parties, that I do now.

FedCon will have other guests while CalMah will probably stick to Stargate-related only.

I don't know about prices. I only know the costs for FedCon, not CalMah.

Edit
          Also, Fedcon is 3 days. CalMah only 2.
          Oh! You having autism me too nice to meet you .
          And for on topic I have never been to either but after the debacle with stolen artwork from CalMah I would say Fedcon .

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
            Oh! You having autism me too nice to meet you .
            *waves*
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
            X