Can You Hear Me? (3807 / 1207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can You Hear Me? (3807 / 1207)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 38 (12)
    CAN YOU HEAR ME?
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3807 / 1207
    While the Doctor's companions enjoy some R&R back home, the Doctor finds a young woman in fourteenth-century Syria -- apparently the only survivor of a creature that has attacked an ancient hospital. But a very different sort of evil is about to make all of them feel his presence.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 February 2020, 08:30 PM.

Finally some development on the companions which is nice but getting the feeling Ryan wont last the season... will die or leave.

Also, is it me or are we getting very quick wrap ups to the villains plans this season?

Comment

Mental health awareness... very interesting topic to create an episode with.

Probably too "preachy" for a lot of people but for someone who has to deal with anxiety, an attention disorder and autism, and all that it brings along, this was refreshing.

Also, how relatable am I too the Doctor when she's figuring out how to react to Graham pouring his proverbial heart out to her. She is me, to the last detail of doing something insignificant and then coming up with something suitable to say minutes or hours after the fact.

Also Yaz... aw Yaz...

I mean, it's still monster-of-the-week and doom-and-gloom. Gone is the cheer from series 11 -- for good, it seems. No point in wishing it were different, considering what next week's about.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was hoping they may become recurring, would be interesting to see the Doctor come up against them again. I wouldn't say it was preachy this week, I picked up on it as a theme about half way through and it wasn't in your face like previous weeks.

Grahams definitely my favourite out of the bunch.

Comment

Yawn .... villain of the week defeated so quickly I missed it.
          "You don't know half of it".
          Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I think this Doctor finally got their "speech" moment, and I thought it was great. Not as good as the Zygon inversion speech (which IMHO is one of the best Doctor speeches of either modern or classic era), but given -what- they were facing (ultimate abuse of power), it made sense.
            We also got our first real look at the impossible child, which was great as well.

Getting a deeper understanding of the companions via their fears was also a great way to do character development in a relatively short period of time on screen as well.
            Really liked this episode on the whole.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Is it on purpose that the Doctor appears to be faking it so to say? Her reactions in general with companions and even other encounters seem to have a kind of, for the lack of a better word, resentment.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                Is it on purpose that the Doctor appears to be faking it so to say? Her reactions in general with companions and even other encounters seem to have a kind of, for the lack of a better word, resentment.
                They have freedom. the Doctor does not. They had every chance to give up the box, the doctor cannot.
                Is that where you were going here?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                X