Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST:P - Guinan returns?

G'day,

Anyone else seen this footage of Patrick Stewart formally inviting Whoopi to return as Guinan in S2 of Picard?

Absolutely beautiful Curious to see if it goes ahead, and what they would do with her character.

Actually, curious to see how the show moves forward - how long the storyline/s established in Ep1 will run, and what they do once they are finished. Whilst I'd love to see this go on for some time, one has to wonder how long Patrick can go on? (God, now I feel so ageist!)

Cheers
    cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

And just one other comment... Whoopie says in this clip that she was the "last character" that Roddenberry created before his death - major character at least.

Kind of humbling to consider...
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    and lots more!

Comment

I wouldn't call her a major character. Recurring at most
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I wouldn't call her a major character. Recurring at most
        I’d say there’s a distinction between a regular starring character and a major character. A major character is someone who simply is important and has an impact on the story overall. Other recurring yet major characters I can think of just off the top of my head would be Q, Sela, Gowron, K’ehleyr, Garak, Martok, Dukat and so on. They may not be there every week but they have an impact on the wider universe.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Totally agree there, P-90_177 - Guinan was often used for quite important storylines, even if it was often quite vague. And it's one thing to say that you were a once-off guest star in a role created by Roddenberry, but another to have been a more fully fleshed out recurring character.

I know that Roddenberry had a number of character faults, and certainly don't hero worship him, but nonetheless it was his vision that brought the show to life, and resurrected it. Sure, he wasn't the only influence, and was perhaps sometimes not always leading the show in a commercially viable way, but for me, Star Trek is about his dream of a future humanity that (kind of) lived at peace with itself... (and used the Klingons/Romulans/etc as social commentary - which is why I love the new storyline about refugees in Sicard...)
          and lots more!

Comment

Working...
          X