No announcement yet.

Maps and Legends (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Zhat Vash do fit in to a nice slot. Ever notice how Star Trek has very few robots? And not just androids that look like humanoids, but any robots at all? Ever notice how Star Trek has very little Artificial Intelligence?

And not just the humans, Starfleet and the Federation......but everyone in the galaxy.

But why? Even by 20th century technology level a civilization can have robots. Even more so with every century. AI is a bit harder, but even in the 21 st century Earth we have ''nice" computers that are smarter then the ''dumb as rocks" computers we see in Star Trek.

Well....the answer might be a Robo apocalypse or a Super Intelligent AI apocalypse. This can happen anywhere and anywhen a society reaches ''21st century Earth" like in technology. And chances are it has happened at least a couple times in galactic history.

So what if there is a group out there....maybe something like the Perservers (from OS Trek) that keep it from happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Zargon View Post
      The Zhat Vash do fit in to a nice slot. Ever notice how Star Trek has very few robots? And not just androids that look like humanoids, but any robots at all? Ever notice how Star Trek has very little Artificial Intelligence?

And not just the humans, Starfleet and the Federation......but everyone in the galaxy.

But why? Even by 20th century technology level a civilization can have robots. Even more so with every century. AI is a bit harder, but even in the 21 st century Earth we have ''nice" computers that are smarter then the ''dumb as rocks" computers we see in Star Trek.

Well....the answer might be a Robo apocalypse or a Super Intelligent AI apocalypse. This can happen anywhere and anywhen a society reaches ''21st century Earth" like in technology. And chances are it has happened at least a couple times in galactic history.

So what if there is a group out there....maybe something like the Perservers (from OS Trek) that keep it from happening?
      It's interesting that in the other shows it's demonstrated that AI are not uncommon elsewhere in the galaxy too. The Delta Quadrant has the Borg, those two android races that are at war and killed their creators (can't remember their name) and we saw a number of races who were aware of and utilised holograms.

Likewise you can almost consider the Vorta and Jem'Hadar as Synths. I mean sure they're described as genetically engineered clones, but given their rapid growth rate and natural intelligence I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of Synthetic AI at play too, which would explain why Vorta clones are able to share the same personalities.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I enjoyed episode 2. Anticipation is building! I love it when a show captured my attention! As some have mentioned, I do hope things pick up a little bit as story lines are developing slowly.
        sigpic

Comment

So the Synths had a number on their heads... Not sure if anyone commented last ep about the one we saw - his number was "F8" - Fate...

Reminded me of DW: Robots of Death... with the robots there numbered on their fronts, too.

Yes, sure, this ep was slow compared to the first one, but it had a lot of ground to cover.

Ultimately, given the main actor's age, I don't want to see this attempt to be like Discovery, with massive battle scenes. If you want that - watch Discovery. I want to see Capt - sorry - Admiral - sorry - retired Admiral Picard, on a mission, finding stuff out, solving things with a little help from his friends.

Speaking of... we now know that Worf and Geordie are still alive!

And... When we get to see (Riker and) Deanna sometime in the next few episodes - I really really hope that there is a moment spared for Picard to comment on the loss of Lwaxana /Majel Barrett.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

I like the show especially the verbal and visual 'Easter Eggs', but not too happy with the use of the 'F-bombs'.
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
              I like the show especially the verbal and visual 'Easter Eggs', but not too happy with the use of the 'F-bombs'.
              Why is this always a problem?

Why is it always a bigger problem than blood splashing across the screen or people shooting each other left, right and center, or loosing an eye or a head?

It's just a swear word...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I balked when my aunty, many a year ago, told me that she walked out of "Four Weddings and a Funeral" at the cinema because she counted x amount of "f bombs" in the first 5 minutes...

Swearing has been part of human nature for thousands of years, starting with religious swear words, and then "vulgar" words that cause offense.

We are an evolving species, and I don't see swearing disappearing - though they could have gone the Red Dwarf approach and invented a new swear instead...
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  I balked when my aunty, many a year ago, told me that she walked out of "Four Weddings and a Funeral" at the cinema because she counted x amount of "f bombs" in the first 5 minutes...
                  Note to all "drinking game" players -- don't play the F-word game with 4 Weddings & a Funeral.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Why is this always a problem?

Why is it always a bigger problem than blood splashing across the screen or people shooting each other left, right and center, or loosing an eye or a head?

It's just a swear word...
                    While this is new to the ST universe...I really didn't notice it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have to say my Father In Law often goes on about his confusion at "America" with regard to censors - violence on screen seems to be fine, but a breast? Ye gods no! Think of the children! Show them people being gunned down before letting them see a sex scene!

Frankly, given the amount of shootings happening in the country, I have to agree with him. Rampant sex amongst teens (and adults) would be better than mass shootings...
                      and lots more!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X