Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Maps and Legends (102)

Visit the Episode GuideSTAR TREK: PICARD - SEASON ONE
    MAPS AND LEGENDS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    Jean-Luc travels to Starfleet Headquarters to try and win support for a mission to discover the truth about Dahj, but must look elsewhere after he is rebuffed. On the Romulan reclamation station, Soji gets to know her new Romulan friend better -- unaware of the agenda he harbors.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; February 4th, 2020 at 01:57 PM.

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Maps and Legends (102)

This show was meant to be cannon. Why was there the JJ Abrams Enterprise ship holograph in the Starfleet headquarters before it shows the TNG Enterprise ? And why this show have so many women in power that swear a lot ? And well now Romulans have over 1000 years old cult that hates everything AI that is like section 5 like but 30-40 years ago didnt even hunt down Data and now are going all hands on deck to kill or adopt the twin girls. And Picard is really dumb and drinks more tea in these 2 shows then entire 7 seasons of TNG where he drinks tea under 10 times from entire 7 seasons.
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lopo30 View Post
    And why this show have so many women in power that swear a lot ?
    It certainly brought the admiral's message across loud and clear... even Picard looked a little shook.
    I bet he wasn't expecting that.

I know a story needs setting up, and needs to build itself into a climax but this episode was a little too slow for my liking. I hope the next ones will be faster paced.

Also, when is Seven of Nine coming... (no, I have little patience for such awesomeness gracing my screen again soon)
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

This show was meant to be cannon. Why was there the JJ Abrams Enterprise ship holograph in the Starfleet headquarters before it shows the TNG Enterprise ? And why this show have so many women in power that swear a lot ? And well now Romulans have over 1000 years old cult that hates everything AI that is like section 5 like but 30-40 years ago didnt even hunt down Data and now are going all hands on deck to kill or adopt the twin girls. And Picard is really dumb and drinks more tea in these 2 shows then entire 7 seasons of TNG where he drinks tea under 10 times from entire 7 seasons.
    That wasn't the JJ Enterprise. It was Discovery's. Completely different design and far more in keeping with canon.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Yes that Admiral really doesn't like Picard, probably will like him less when she finds out he was telling the truth and is force to authorise a rescue mission!

Those transporter doorways look weird. people just walking into them without telling them where they want to go. They don't seem to make much sense.

I didn't like the opening scenes on Mars, that didn't seem to be very star trek like and went to far towards bullying for my liking.

The androids on Mars were clearly hacked by an outside source to disable the shielding and defence grid that allowed the attack. I suspect the group behind that attack is Zhat Vash.

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    Those transporter doorways look weird. people just walking into them without telling them where they want to go. They don't seem to make much sense.
    Later that same evening (yesterday), my sister and I wanted one of those to get us to bed in an instant.

It would be so cool to not have to spend an hour in a jam somewhere but with the flash of a beam be "on time"... at least, I could be on time for once.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Chief Master Sergeant

One very white haired women walk trough the transporter doorway too without transporting so they are like security doors too ? Or something as i dont see why would anyone walk trough them if they are meant for transporting only.

And why is there a Romulan that is Irish with Irish slang ? Those cheeky F'rs in the Dahj home
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Maybe you have to think of a destination before you get transported... (sounds plausible in my head)

One very white haired women walk trough the transporter doorway too without transporting so they are like security doors too ? Or something as i dont see why would anyone walk trough them if they are meant for transporting only.

And why is there a Romulan that is Irish with Irish slang ? Those cheeky F'rs in the Dahj home
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Maybe you have to think of a destination before you get transported... (sounds plausible in my head)
    If I buy a train ticket online it now often gets sent to my phone with a QR code that the station barriers can scan to let me through the gate. Seems possible the same principle is at play here. They tell their holo PADD thing where they want to go and go for the gate. If you haven’t selected a destination you walk on through.

That sounds even more plausible.

So definitely another intriguing episode. I don't really know how to feel about the Zaht Vash. It is a bit out of left field but on the other hand there's nothing really in canon against it and for sure there should be a good reason why advanced AI are such rare things in the alpha and beta quadrants. Additionally the simple fact is that we know very little about the Romulans in general. They aren't as nearly fleshed out as the Klingons or Cardassians. Hell we possibly even know more about Xindi culture than Romulan.

I was pleasantly surprised that Starfleet doesn't come across as the dreaded dystopia that people seemed to building as. Admiral Clancy's argument to Picard made perfect sense and a part of me was like 'really? You were willing to have 14 Federation members pull out over the Romulans?' But of course Picard's point of view was also correct. Lives were imminently at risk and he measured that up over the political wrangling that was happening at the time. Though I have to wonder if he was emotionally compromised from Spock's disappearance.

I love that his Irromotic Syndrome is indeed relevant as I hoped it would be.

Still not sure how to feel about the goings on on the Borg cube. At some point I'm sure it'll be hugely important but so far that all still seems to be setting building.

Commodore Oh interests me. The implication seems to be that she is indeed Starfleet and working towards the interests of the Federation but also alongside the Tal Shiar. That makes sense since Starfleet's distrust of Synths and the Tal Shiar's hatred of them suddenly seem to align. The fact that she feels comfortable in berating a member of the Tal Shiar is probably indicative of how far Romulans have fallen . But it could be that I'm misreading it and she is indeed Romulan. But I think I'd like it more if she is who she appears.

Chief Master Sergeant

I have watched this episode again and still cant really understand the name of the episode.
    Maps and legends. Ok i get the legends part as the Romulans new secret police that make very much sense as it's shows that it's not cannon and JJ reboot butterflies effect made them or something.

Other thing i was thinking the new women Arfican American had her first day in Borg cube will be the first women that get assimilated by the Borg. She had no big of a role that would of felt like she will be someone special more tied in the story then be a victim of the first assimilated in 16-18 years. I am not really sure how long one year is that series and is it a 365 earth years or how long is Romulans day and year as they speak mostly as star date something.

And then be helped back in life and will be friends with Seven of Nine.

Good to know I'm not the only who thinks the title makes no sense.

My only complaint about this show is that the episodes aren't long enough and at the end of each episode I keep wanting more lol. Legends aren't only stories or famous people (like Picard) but they're also the little box on a map that explains it and gives you a way to figure out the distance between places (like a key). I don't really know what I'm getting at, and I'm too tired to try to put everything together and find a concrete meaning behind the title, but the title didn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    My only complaint about this show is that the episodes aren't long enough and at the end of each episode I keep wanting more lol. Legends aren't only stories or famous people (like Picard) but they're also the little box on a map that explains it and gives you a way to figure out the distance between places (like a key). I don't really know what I'm getting at, and I'm too tired to try to put everything together and find a concrete meaning behind the title, but the title didn't bother me.
    Ahh good point. And in fact that does make perfect sense. Picard now has his mission and he knows space well enough to have his map but he doesn't have a destination. He doesn't have a legend to tell him where he is going yet.

Probie

The Zhat Vash do fit in to a nice slot. Ever notice how Star Trek has very few robots? And not just androids that look like humanoids, but any robots at all? Ever notice how Star Trek has very little Artificial Intelligence?

And not just the humans, Starfleet and the Federation......but everyone in the galaxy.

But why? Even by 20th century technology level a civilization can have robots. Even more so with every century. AI is a bit harder, but even in the 21 st century Earth we have ''nice" computers that are smarter then the ''dumb as rocks" computers we see in Star Trek.

Well....the answer might be a Robo apocalypse or a Super Intelligent AI apocalypse. This can happen anywhere and anywhen a society reaches ''21st century Earth" like in technology. And chances are it has happened at least a couple times in galactic history.

So what if there is a group out there....maybe something like the Perservers (from OS Trek) that keep it from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    The Zhat Vash do fit in to a nice slot. Ever notice how Star Trek has very few robots? And not just androids that look like humanoids, but any robots at all? Ever notice how Star Trek has very little Artificial Intelligence?

And not just the humans, Starfleet and the Federation......but everyone in the galaxy.

But why? Even by 20th century technology level a civilization can have robots. Even more so with every century. AI is a bit harder, but even in the 21 st century Earth we have ''nice" computers that are smarter then the ''dumb as rocks" computers we see in Star Trek.

Well....the answer might be a Robo apocalypse or a Super Intelligent AI apocalypse. This can happen anywhere and anywhen a society reaches ''21st century Earth" like in technology. And chances are it has happened at least a couple times in galactic history.

So what if there is a group out there....maybe something like the Perservers (from OS Trek) that keep it from happening?
    It's interesting that in the other shows it's demonstrated that AI are not uncommon elsewhere in the galaxy too. The Delta Quadrant has the Borg, those two android races that are at war and killed their creators (can't remember their name) and we saw a number of races who were aware of and utilised holograms.

Likewise you can almost consider the Vorta and Jem'Hadar as Synths. I mean sure they're described as genetically engineered clones, but given their rapid growth rate and natural intelligence I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of Synthetic AI at play too, which would explain why Vorta clones are able to share the same personalities.

I enjoyed episode 2. Anticipation is building! I love it when a show captured my attention! As some have mentioned, I do hope things pick up a little bit as story lines are developing slowly.

So the Synths had a number on their heads... Not sure if anyone commented last ep about the one we saw - his number was "F8" - Fate...

Reminded me of DW: Robots of Death... with the robots there numbered on their fronts, too.

Yes, sure, this ep was slow compared to the first one, but it had a lot of ground to cover.

Ultimately, given the main actor's age, I don't want to see this attempt to be like Discovery, with massive battle scenes. If you want that - watch Discovery. I want to see Capt - sorry - Admiral - sorry - retired Admiral Picard, on a mission, finding stuff out, solving things with a little help from his friends.

Speaking of... we now know that Worf and Geordie are still alive!

And... When we get to see (Riker and) Deanna sometime in the next few episodes - I really really hope that there is a moment spared for Picard to comment on the loss of Lwaxana /Majel Barrett.
    as seen on YouTube - thecosmichobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

I like the show especially the verbal and visual 'Easter Eggs', but not too happy with the use of the 'F-bombs'.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast