This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I think that would have to be at the grace of the posters, not the mods. "common sense" tells one to use the search functions of boards, but I've yet to see an internet message board with an effective, accurate search engine. People need to stop giving that advice.
    This site has the worse search engine I've ever seen. I've searched for episode titles only to be told ALL the words are too common. Gmail is similar to boards, it has no problem. Google is great, just put the title in quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Some newbies have been posting round the ep and other threads.
      Some find other things to do when they visit.Some have told the mods and Darren directly that they feel intimidated and feel they're in the way of oldies' chats and OT stuff.Some just read and it can take them a while to get comfortable enough to begin posting.
      Razibot, I think their name is, is such a newbie posting in the episode threads. I think its their first run through and it's exiting really.

By the way, I put a lot of work in those jigsaw puzzles and quizzes you know. I expect them to be put to good use, dammit.
      Newbie or otherwise...

Nah, just kidding... ...I was hoping see more newbies or maybe returnees but like I said, talking to yourself is considered a sign of intelligence so my IQ loves to be through the roof.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

More new people could be lots of fun, and I think, it is great there are people just discovering the whole SG universe...even moire reason to make them feel welcomed here and able to share their excitement with us

Comment

We just need to find a way to get new folks in here.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
            Its an uphill battle really until you get new Stargate content.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I have always been intimidated to post out on the forum. *hides*
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                I have always been intimidated to post out on the forum. *hides*
                The only place I ever really felt intimidated was in a Cantina. There were some hardball folks who could be rather "authoritative".
                sigpic

Comment

The only place I ever really felt intimidated was in a Cantina. There were some hardball folks who could be rather "authoritative".
                  Haha...and that was the one place where I posted. Go figure. To me it was just sort of a slapstick/nonsense type of joint.
                  Originally posted by jelgate
                  This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Indeed, that is the tricky bit though, mopst people sadly are less interested in using message board than discussing stuff in chat groups

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Its an uphill battle really until you get new Stargate content.
                    That is a point though, on the other hand there are people also just discovering the old shows

Comment

Me too, but for me it was because I felt that if I posted there, I'd be interrupting whatever was going on. I'm not that good and joking around with people unless I'm comfortable in an environment.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, there were a couple of folks whose "jokes" were harsh. I didn't do well as the butt of them when they tag-teamed me. I just got frustrated not catching a break. When you're new in a "room" the footing feels kinda slippery. Cluelessness is fun for everyone but yourself.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                          Haha...and that was the one place where I posted. Go figure. To me it was just sort of a slapstick/nonsense type of joint.
                          I miss writing with Mapp, CJ, Susie and the others.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well, there were a couple of folks whose "jokes" were harsh. I didn't do well as the butt of them when they tag-teamed me. I just got frustrated not catching a break. When you're new in a "room" the footing feels kinda slippery. Cluelessness is fun for everyone but yourself.
                            You just have to fight fire with a bigger fire.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              I miss writing with Mapp, CJ, Susie and the others.
                              I haven't seen CJ and Susie in years. I just assumed that Susie got invested in being a mother and CJ joined that cult
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I haven't seen CJ and Susie in years. I just assumed that Susie got invested in being a mother and CJ joined that cult
                                I still keep in touch with them on fb. They're both doing well for the most part.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X