Praxeus (3806 / 1206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praxeus (3806 / 1206)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 38 (12)
    PRAXEUS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3806 / 1206
    The arrival of a deadly plague on Earth sends the Doctor and her companions on an investigation all across the globe, where they are drawn into an alien search for the cure.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 February 2020, 08:03 PM.

Incredibly preachy. Sci-fi can be an escape, you know. And the second episode this series on the exact same topic? We can't go three episodes without being reminded that our planet's ****ed?

It would have been an alright episode without ANOTHER ham-fisted lecture.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I actually liked this Episode very much. I can see how it comes over as preachy, but this was a fun ride.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

it was an ok episode but.... can we get some proper sci fi writers or previous doctor who writers on staff? I don't want to watch a show that preaches that we've ruined the planet

Comment

Its annoying how we can have great episodes then episodes like this... Becoming a trend this season.

Comment

That's the second episode this season, second-and-a-half at a push, that I very much enjoyed this season.
            Series 12 still pales in comparison to series 11 but it's finally picked up the pace.

And yes, our planet is ****ed! Or screwed, however you want to look at it.
            And I very much enjoy people complaining about "being too preachy" -- it means it's at least reaching some eyes and ears, without those eyes and ears realizing they listened to the message or saw it.

Unfortunately those eyes and ears will still be closed shut singing "la la, can't hear you" ... but hey, you're having microplastics for dinner so you can't escape it anyways.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              That's the second episode this season, second-and-a-half at a push, that I very much enjoyed this season.
              Series 12 still pales in comparison to series 11 but it's finally picked up the pace.

And I very much enjoy people complaining about "being too preachy" -- it means it's at least reaching some eyes and ears, without those eyes and ears realizing they listened to the message or saw it.

Unfortunately those eyes and ears will still be closed shut singing "la la, can't hear you" ... but hey, you're having microplastics for dinner so you can't escape it anyways.
              Same here, I can actually ignore the preachy bit quite well. At least its not going on my nerves. I found this Episode quite creepy and I really enjoyed Jodie here. I guess next up we are going to get another history Episode, which I got nothing against.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

It was ok, the preaching didn't seem that bad to me at least following orphan 55.

Didn't understand why they thought that the lab was better equipped to handle the astronauts infection than the TARDIS? Saving the guy at the end seemed cheap but it was nice to see the 'kill your gays' trope subverted.

The hints that neither Ryan or Yaz had heard of apparently famous travel bloggers is interesting, strong possibility that they've mistakenly traveled to a alternate universe. (I know the show runner has denied that, but wouldn't be the first time people in charge of a TV show or movie have lied about that kind of thing)
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Oh, I know we're ****ed, I just like my Doctor Who escapism... Also, surprised they didn't mention the fact the guy watching the birds didn't make it, they just kinda brushed past that. I dunno, just felt like 45 minutes of build up and a 5 minute fix whereas it used to be more gradual. Maybe Im wrong, just didn't enjoy this episode as much as some others.

Comment

Preach, preach, preach.
                    But I did notice that with all his preaching, he didn't come up with a solution for what he's preaching about.

Wasn't even a good story to hang his preaching onto this week. The most entertaining aspect was the various companions getting on each other about what crazy stunt they had pulled.

I'm getting rather tired of this season.

Harkness's return seems to have been the highlight of it so far.

Chibnall has got to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Preach, preach, preach.
                      But I did notice that with all his preaching, he didn't come up with a solution for what he's preaching about.
                      There actually would be a solution if it where pointed out properly. That Alien parasite builds stuff from plastic, so it would be perfect to clean the microplastic out of our worlds systems and gather it somewhere, where it may be reused.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        I found this Episode quite creepy...
                        I've watched it again last night, and jumped a mile in the air -- again -- when Jamila goes poof. I knew it was coming. I knew when it was coming, but her eyes open, the music explodes and I squeaked.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        ...I just like my Doctor Who escapism...
                        Hence why series 12 pales in comparison to 11. Series 11 was the escapism. Series 12 is too dark for my liking.

I made the comparison recently that series 12 is the depression and anxiety I've been living with most of my life, while 11 is the hope it can be better.

Also, surprised they didn't mention the fact the guy watching the birds didn't make it, they just kinda brushed past that.
                        I realized that last night, watching it a second time that they brushed passed him... literally. Collateral damage...

There actually would be a solution if it where pointed out properly. That Alien parasite builds stuff from plastic, so it would be perfect to clean the microplastic out of our worlds systems and gather it somewhere, where it may be reused.
                        Unfortunately, it was rather aggressive to be considered a great option.

Comment

As I recall, they showed microfilters, and attempting to do what you suggest was the triggering factor for the aliens showing up where they did.

Again, all Chabnall is doing is whining about a pet issue of his, without offering a practical solution. For all I know he wrote the episode as a vehicle for that whine.

Chibnall needs to be gone.

Comment

Hence why series 12 pales in comparison to 11. Series 11 was the escapism. Series 12 is too dark for my liking.

I made the comparison recently that series 12 is the depression and anxiety I've been living with most of my life, while 11 is the hope it can be better.
                            See I'm the opposite to you, apart from this episode and Orphan 55, I've actually enjoyed this season. Admittedly its been a year since season 11 and I haven't re-watched any of it and cant really remember which episodes I liked last year.

Comment

See I'm the opposite to you, apart from this episode and Orphan 55, I've actually enjoyed this season. Admittedly its been a year since season 11 and I haven't re-watched any of it and cant really remember which episodes I liked last year.
                              I'm in the minority, I know.

Most of the Doctor Who people and communities I follow on twitter are raving about series 12. I'm the opposite. I have been fairly disappointed this season, except for the last 3 episodes. I thought Spyfall was boring in epic proportion. It had its interesting bits but I just didn't feel engaged. Orphan 55 was fascinating, sure, and especially I immediately recognized the building where they filmed many of the exterior shots (I don't know about any interior ones as I didn't visit the building on the inside) ... but beyond that, still not picking it up enough to my liking.

The building in Orphan 55 is the opera house in Santa Cruz, Tenerife. Its architecture is brilliant.
                              So, I imagine that a lot of the exterior shots, in the middle of nowhere, were filmed on the volcanic fields surrounding the Teide volcano.

Comment

Working...
                              X