No announcement yet.

Remembrance (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed episode 1. It was a tad slow...but over all enjoyable!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Enjoyed episode 1. It was a tad slow...but over all enjoyable!
      It was an explosive start... which slowed down into episode 2... I hope 3 picks it up again.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        See Kirk is my least favourite Captain of them all because honestly I don't consider him qualified for the job. He's a maverick and I think his successes and willingness to fight for his crew earns him a lot of loyalty and respect but ultimately he takes risks he shouldn't and is not in any way a diplomat. Of course this culminates in Wrath of Khan in him getting a bunch of his crew killed but the behaviour is just as bad in TOS.

I'm curious about the state of the Romulans too. I do suspect that we will see that there are the two factions of the Republic and former Empire.
        The best diplomat in the world is a fully charged phaser bank and a full load of photon torpedoes.

What we are seeing is a difference in the values of those who wrote & produced TOS and the incarnations that followed.

Comment

I caught this on the YouTube free premiere promo. Don't yet know if I'll sign up for the CBS service to watch the rest of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            The best diplomat in the world is a fully charged phaser bank and a full load of photon torpedoes.

What we are seeing is a difference in the values of those who wrote & produced TOS and the incarnations that followed.
            Well yes that’s kinda stating the obvious. It doesn’t change my view of the guy.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Well yes that’s kinda stating the obvious. It doesn’t change my view of the guy.
              Nor mine. I'm thinking that's 'cause I myself am more of Kirk's era and you are more of the later view of Trek.

Comment

Sounds like Annoyed lives in the mirror universe
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Sounds like Annoyed lives in the mirror universe
                  Do you deny that Kirk was quicker to use fists and phasers than Picard was?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Do you deny that Kirk was quicker to use fists and phasers than Picard was?
                    Oh no he definitely was... except when procedure says that's what he should do.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Its a changing the subject argument. Kirk may have more violent than Picard but he would not avoid diplomacy. A lot of this is the difference in TV stories in the 60s vs 90s
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                      X