How Queer Everything Is Today! (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Asked and answered, we can speak to episodes or shows within their confines and I have no intention of stepping outside of that.

[mod snip]
    No, if you think about, we can discuss gender orientation as it directly relates to the show; "why did Batwoman come out when she did" for example.

But discussions about either your or my views on the topic are topics verboten under the new order, as they do not relate to the show itself. Your comments about me, for example have nothing to do with the show, and would be a no-no. (No, I'm not gonna go whining to the mods, that's not how I play.), and any defense I might make in return would also be off-limits.

[mod snip]
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 January 2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Sara is not gay, she screwed Constantine.
      And Constantine had a boyfriend so I'm assuming he's bisexual, or definitely not beholden to one gender.

Originally posted by lopo30
      It only helps me to move on from these shows cause the fandom of the LGBT people and who defend them in any means is just disgusting. It's only matters what you think and if i have different opinion then you have, then you start to attack me. What gives you the right for it to attack me when i have my opinion and i am not offending in personal level ?
      What part of the part in red is not meant to be offensive, if I may be so curious?

Teens are still kids and adults are who make the TV shows and movies. It's basically influencing the LGBT movement and manipulating with young minds. It makes it worse that the CW is channel for teens and is so heavy on LGBT side of the stories.
      I'm going to assume that you are referring to diversity in cast and characters, which bring these stories to live and, while I'm not familiar with the comics, I do assume Kate Kane is gay in the comics too. I assume they touch on the subject -- one character profile later and yes, they do.

It's always nice to see real life represented in one's tv series.
      And don't worry about turning gay one day. We're not contagious. I mean, years of straight characters on my screen and I'm still gay.

Or is it when you get to be adult your not allowed to like shows out of comic books anymore and you cant have your opinion on them ?
      You can have your opinion -- just be polite about it, that's all.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        You can have your opinion -- just be polite about it, that's all.
        Actually, I expect the mods to put the kibosh on this whole thread or do some severe editing shortly.
        As I pointed out to GF, what any of us think about it is in violation of the "new order" because it's not directly related to what happened on the show.

That said, the next episode
        Spoiler:
        does address hostility towards gays as Gotham city management doesn't light the bat signal after Batwoman has come out.
        I have a feeling there is going to be an in-show discussion about that... And that would be fair game under the new rules.
        Last edited by Darren; 29 January 2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Annoyed is correct. I've had to moderate several posts in this thread, and now must post this reminder to everyone about the forum's rules and recent changes.

Under these rules, in an episode discussion such as this one you may: talk about the episode, plot and characters, writer choices, series themes, etc. Compare and contrast with other shows and characters from elsewhere in the Arrowverse. Opine. Share about why representation matters to you; or, about why you find some writing choices frustrating and what you'd like to see this show do differently.

On the other hand, you may not: insult one another and attack another forum member's opinions. Lash out with loaded questions or judgments about another forum member's character. Complain about the new forum rules. Embrace Godwin's law to score points. Or score points at all.

Editing posts to enforce the rules takes extra time, and we'd rather not do it. This is a courtesy to allow the rest of your posts stand, and provide only minimal interruption to the thread when someone else comes along to read it. After this warning, we'll simply delete full posts.

Please stay on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            That said, the next episode
            Spoiler:
            does address hostility towards gays as Gotham city management doesn't light the bat signal after Batwoman has come out.
            I have a feeling there is going to be an in-show discussion about that... And that would be fair game under the new rules.
            Spoiler:
            With the dialogue in the car between the two hostages: "Dude, it's 2020."
            Last edited by Darren; 29 January 2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
              With the dialogue in the car between the two hostages: "Dude, it's 2020."
              Spoiler:
              Gotham's management doesn't seen to agree. It will be interesting to see how the population reacts to their decision to not light the bat signal. That might be a considerable source of content for a while.

Comment

I think it should definitely be featured... I mean, she's already trolling that Italian place across the street where she and Mary were told to leave because of reasons.

Comment

I think it should definitely be featured... I mean, she's already trolling that Italian place across the street where she and Mary were told to leave because of reasons.
                  She was with Sophie

I love that what got her to start a business was finding a way to annoy the restaurant owner

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                    She was with Sophie
                    Right, Sophie... got the names mixed up.

Comment

Working...
                    X