Spyfall, Part 1 (3801 / 1201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyfall, Part 1 (3801 / 1201)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 38 (12)
    SPYFALL, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3801 / 1201
    The Doctor and her companions are reunited under grave circumstances when an unknown species of interdimensional aliens attacks intelligence agents around the world. With Yas and Ryan dispatched to investigate a tech mogul, the Doctor introduces Graham to an old acquaintance from MI6.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 January 2020, 09:30 PM.

The Masters back?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      The Masters back?
      I thought he/she died/killed themself?
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

They did, this seems to be a new one... Sure we'll get some sort of explanation soon.

Did have my suspicions about him

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
          I thought he/she died/killed themself?
          Nobody dies forever in TV/Movies.

Comment

Especially not the Master or the Daleks. They always return.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Gee, I was so excited when I noticed the first Ep online and then this. I mean it was fun and Doctor Whoish, but we continue the train of catching up to what came before. I still miss the Doctors crazyness and this Master is really in no comparrisson to Missy. I had hopes, those are gone.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

See, I was the opposite. I wasn't that excited when I tuned in due to last season but if felt a lot more like the old Moffat era of Who (do they have new writers?). Yes Im still getting used to Jodie Whittakers Doctor but shes growing on me and I think this new Master has potential (he has only had one real "Master" scene so far). Not sure if we knew he was appearing before the episode aired but I was very surprised!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  See, I was the opposite. I wasn't that excited when I tuned in due to last season but if felt a lot more like the old Moffat era of Who (do they have new writers?). Yes Im still getting used to Jodie Whittakers Doctor but shes growing on me and I think this new Master has potential (he has only had one real "Master" scene so far). Not sure if we knew he was appearing before the episode aired but I was very surprised!
                  Lol, yeah that caught me off guard as well. I had to rewind that scene to understand why the Doctor was so shocked. Thats also why I dont like him yet. With Missy there was this "Oh sht" moment, this time it was "Wait, who?".

Btw, did they hint at Jazz and Master flirting? Oh man, Whats to come?
                  Last edited by tomstone; 02 January 2020, 01:15 PM.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    Lol, yeah that caught me off guard as well. I had to rewind that scene to understand why the Doctor was so shocked. Thats also why I dont like him yet. With Missy there was this "Oh sht" moment, this time it was "Wait, who?".

Btw, did they hint at Jazz and Master flirting? Oh man, Whats to come?
                    I was thinking that... I rewatched the whole of the last scene just because I thought Id misheard the Doctor and wasn't sure

Comment

the minor.... and I need to stress this minor... nitpick I have is when C says that hes fully aware of the paper work and says the doctor is a man and then 13 says shes had an upgrade.... that kind of line makes me cringe and implies that being a man is somehow wrong

other then that I did enjoy the episode... especially coming off series 11 and resolution

Comment

Originally posted by Sakura View Post
                        the minor.... and I need to stress this minor... nitpick I have is when C says that hes fully aware of the paper work and says the doctor is a man and then 13 says shes had an upgrade.... that kind of line makes me cringe and implies that being a man is somehow wrong

other then that I did enjoy the episode... especially coming off series 11 and resolution
                        I took that line as a joke. Didn't even care about it.

But in my view, Doctor Who as a whole has gone off the rails as far as being politically correct since the start of Season 11.
                        I have no issues with a female Doctor, I rather like Jodie's portrayal. At least she's not a wet-behind-the-ears kid like Smith was.

But the constant PC/"woke" BS is ticking me off. Even the promo stills have "Space. For All." as a slogan. Who the hell ever said this show wasn't for anyone that wanted to watch it?

And as you may have noticed, in today's "woke" culture, being a male is a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakura View Post

Keep in mind every Doctor has considered themselves an upgrade over the previous one. There's almost always a comment about it early on.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          But the constant PC/"woke" BS is ticking me off. Even the promo stills have "Space. For All." as a slogan. Who the hell ever said this show wasn't for anyone that wanted to watch it?

And as you may have noticed, in today's "woke" culture, being a male is a crime.
                          No it's not.

With the possible exception of Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists, in which case being previously male is seemingly a crime, but TERFS are definitely not woke. Otherwise all anyone is saying is don't be an ass.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Keep in mind every Doctor has considered themselves an upgrade over the previous one. There's almost always a comment about it early on.

No it's not.

With the possible exception of Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists, in which case being previously male is seemingly a crime, but TERFS are definitely not woke. Otherwise all anyone is saying is don't be an ass.
                            I fear we wont get rid of the annoying "Isnt the Doctor supposed to be a guy?" jokes any time soon. I have to say I also always cringe when the show suddenly decides to go SJW all of a sudden. I have hopes that it is going to get better though....hopefully.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Well I've finally started to feel like I'm watching Doctor Who. Finally had a few moments where I've actually glimpsed the character I know of as the Doctor. I know plenty of others have enjoyed Whitaker's portrayal/Chibnall's direction from the get-go, but for me it's been a rough ride. Roughest ever.

Can't say I'm thrilled to have the Master back... "O" totally lent itself toward the return of Omega... rather than the character I think many felt had been given a great direction under Moffat's final years.

Nonetheless, this episode is ticking a lot of boxes - even if it's also making itself out to be a spoof of James Bond. The confrontation with Lenny H was great!

(On the Bond thing... even when Doctor Who was trying to imitate Bond during Pertwee's era, a large part of that was simply because during WWII Pertwee had either engaged directly as, or at least trained, spies. This was his life, that he was bringing to the role. Whilst it was a lot more action packed than previously, the show didn't actually present itself in a Bond-like manner. This episode's apparent homage to Bond just makes it feel cheesy...)
                              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                              and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                              X