Ebooks vs paperback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebooks vs paperback?

I love Stargate novels, but only read them in paperback. Any recent books in paperback? Most seem to be ebook only.

Note: I'm NOT interested in the Legacy series for SGA. But recommendations of any SG1 or Atlantis books from the last nine years or so would be good.

Thanks!!

The only ones that have been exclusively ebooks have been some of the shorts. All the full lengths are also printed, but they're print to order via Amazon.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'll always prefer paperbacks to e-books, regardless of whatever it is. One big reason is that I often read in bed, and you don't have to worry about falling asleep and rolling over on the electronic gadget and damaging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        The only ones that have been exclusively ebooks have been some of the shorts. All the full lengths are also printed, but they're print to order via Amazon.
        Wellll..... actually, regarding Atlantis, as far as I can tell, ALL the books published in the past 7-8 years are ebook only. In fact, for some of them, the Amazon page says "Currently Unavailable." Not sure how an ebook can be unavailable, since it's nothing but a digital file and doesn't take up any space or can't be 'sold out.'

Anyway, there has been nothing but the anthologies, a few novellas, and Legacy series in the past number of years, and since they all seem to be ebook only, they're not for me. besides, as I mentioned, I'm not interested in the Legacy series.

As for SG-1.... More of those books are available in paperback, but most of them are only available used, with prices ranging from $33 to $591. Yes, you read that right-- $591. And that doesn't even include the $3.98 shipping!!

Bottom line: there are basically NO Stargate books available in paperback, at least not any published in the past 8 years or so.

I'm happy to re-read the books I already have, but I was hoping to give myself some new ones as a Christmas present.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          There are a bunch of SG1 books on Amazon in ebook form.

There are used SG1 books on abebooks.com.

Comment

I'm bummed again. Not only are so many Stargate books available in ebook form only, but the ones that are in paperback are way too expensive. About twice the price of standard paperbacks. (Probably because they're printed on an on-demand basis.) Anyway, it's disappointing that it's so difficult to get these books.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
              I'm bummed again. Not only are so many Stargate books available in ebook form only, but the ones that are in paperback are way too expensive. About twice the price of standard paperbacks. (Probably because they're printed on an on-demand basis.) Anyway, it's disappointing that it's so difficult to get these books.
              I still get the paperback, as I don't do e-books, but I will get them from Alibris or if a get a coupon from Books-A-Million or Barnes and Nobles in an email then I will get them from there. As far as I know, all the novels are now in paperback, as of the last 2 to 3 years, when the few that weren't became available that way.

If you are missing novels check my post about getting them on the US Walmart's website (only good if in the US)
              https://forum.gateworld.net/general-...7#post16724687

My post at this link mentions Alibris, which does international shipping, among other bookstore links.
              https://forum.gateworld.net/general-...5#post16723275
              Last edited by planet_tv; 11 January 2022, 10:19 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
              X