Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have thought of some Stargate show names.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I was thinking something similar, but it would hurt too many religious feelings if you would use the angels.

Here is a "short" list of hybrids :
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...es_in_folklore
    Technically any of them can be an alien race who could have visited Earth as maybe the humans couldn't describe the outlook of aliens, so they have tried to compare them to existing animals.

A new Stargate should have one word title.
    I get your point about the angels, maybe someone writes it as a fanfic some day though

And yes, one word title, if the planet of the aliens would have a name it could be that

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I was thinking something similar, but it would hurt too many religious feelings if you would use the angels.
      The Ori missionaries?
      The Goa'uld pretending to be gods?
      The Asgard pretending to be gods?

I don't think SG-1 ever cared much for "hurt feelings".
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, the book of Origin could have been understood as the Holy Bible or the Quaran. I was worried that they will even protest against it.

But then even Indians could have protested against using Kali as well. If I remember well they wanted to use Shiva in season 5 too, but then the producers have changed their mind. (Off. there was even a Xena episode which was not internationally aired when she has met with Shiva as there were such a big protest on the crew.)

Angel type aliens could be any winged creature. I am planning to use the Lamassu as a race in my own SG story. Just I really preferred those ones which had an eagle / vulture head with a humanoid body.

On the other hand.. or actually wing. They wanted to give wings / levitating skill to the Wraith in the beginning of the Atlantis. Then they have changed them because of budget reasons. So anything can happen in a fan fiction, but they would never be able afford truly flying aliens in a tv show.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
        X