Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have thought of some Stargate show names.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have thought of some Stargate show names.

Thoughts?

Stargate Cosmos
    Stargate Affinity
    Stargate Voyager
    Stargate Explore
    Stargate Travelers (LOL)
    Stargate Anomaly
    Stargate Journey
    Stargate Paradox
    Stargate Odyssey
    Stargate Breakthrough
    Stargate Discovery
    Stargate Recovery
    Stargate Pioneer
    Stargate Destiny
    Stargate Destination
    Stargate Reach
    Stargate Advantage
    Stargate Dark Matter (LOL)
    Stargate Phenomenon
    Stargate Singularity
    Stargate Heretic
    Stargate Nova
    Stargate Pegasus
    Stargate Prime
    Stargate Aliance
    Stargate Serenity
    Stargate Harmony
    Stargate Antithesis

The unmade Stargate movies, Stargate: Revolution and Stargate: Extinction are also pretty good titles for a Stargate series.

So...

1. Stargate Revolution
    2. Stargate Extinction
    3. Stargate Dimensions
    4. Stargate AU
    5. Supergate (why not?)
    6. Stargate Novus
    7. Stargate: The Missing Ones
    8. Stargate Untold Mythology Secrets
    9. Stargate: Time
    10. Stargate Apollo
    11. Stargate Hammond
    12. Stargate Pheonix
    13. Stargate Deadelous
    14. Stargate: Milky Way
    15. Stargate: Conclusion
    16. Stargate Atlantida (as if McKay messes up soemthing really bad and the Antlantis expedition ends up with a dozen of Anlantises from various AU's in the SG-1 cannon). However, Carter and Jennie find out that the city-ships are not only compatible with one another, but were always ment to function as a group of cities, thus forming a country called Atlantida).

Comment

Although this has already been used by the upcoming TTRPG, Stargate Phoenix makes the most sense.
      Rebirth from the ashes is what we want, isn't it?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I was playing with these titles in my own brainstorming thread.
        https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-in-2020/page3

These are rather split up the timeline into "historical eras", so any Stargate setting can be easier introduced. Here are a few harsh ideas :

Spinoff idea 1) - Stargate : Genesis
        A new adventure of Ancients, who has just arrived to the Milky Way from the Ori galxy. They just established their first stargate network (universe type of gates). Maybe the main character could be based on the younger Janus, who is a time traveller anyway. Ancients would meet heir future allies (and enemies) for the first time here. The story could still have some connection to the current timeline on Earth through a time loop.

Spinoff idea 2) - Stargate : Titan
        A tv show about the era when we can see the last decadent years of Four Great Alliance as it being corrupted by different hostile threats. The old gate system was replaced with a newer version in the Milky Way . The new connection of formerly isolated worlds would cause a galaxy wide civil war instead of peace and prosperity. The show would end with the death / flee / ascension of the Ancients, but they would also send a few new seed ship to place stargates in the other galaxies around the Milky Way. Most of the Ancients worlds became extinct and abadonned, so the galaxy suffered a mass extinction.

Spinoff idea 3) - Stargate : Legacy
        A tv show would follow the decendants of Ancients who returned from Atlantis to Earth. They try to secretly protect Earth after the rebellion against Ra and to overthrow the Goa'uld Empire. So they establish a new alliance of the advanced races against the spreading Goa'uld. They could use a new hidden Ancient outpost base on the Moon (or the Great Library of Alexandria) while the Mediaterran sea is under the control of the Roman Empire. Later this alliance (the Roundtable) is betrayed and their attempts will fail.

Spinoff idea 4) - Stargate : Academy
        A tv show would follow a new group of heroes, who rediscover the mythical, long lost school planet in the Milky Way (or in any new galaxy) which played an important role in the past, but then it was abadonned. They have to stop a new alliance of hostile forces, who blocked the FTL drive in the whole Milky Way and they started galaxy wide attacks against advanced human and Jaffa worlds. This new hostile race studied and upgraded their own stargate network, so our heroes must find a way to save both galaxies from their control with the help of old and new allies and restore the broken peace.

Spinoff idea 5) - Stargate : Valhalla
        This adventure could follow an expedition to the Othala galaxy, where Earth must prove that they are the real heir of the Asgard legacy against the evil Vanirs.

Spinoff idea 6) - Stargate : Exodus
        A new alien discovery on the Moon would lead mankind into a new galaxy where they could finally meet the builders of the Stonehenge, who use their own transportion methods.

Spinoff idea 7) - Stargate : Homeworld
        The new show would continue the daily work of the Homeworld Security, who tries to protect Earth from unimaginable galactic dangers. "

Stargate Origins : Omoroca
        I had some fun with this prequel-sequel idea as I have tried to adapt the myth into the lore. The main characters would be Hathor, Baal and Omoroca. The prequel-sequel story would roughly tell about the Gilgames myth, the Great Flood, the fate of Omoroca and her race, how Hathor ended up in America et c.
        https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-in-2020/page4

But to be honest with you. While the title is important to grab the attention of the viewers, I would be rather happy if anything would really be ordered.

Stargate : Worlds had so much potential too, it is a shame this game was cancelled.
        Stargate : Phoenix sounds cool, but I still believe an offworld base should folllow the Greek alphabet naming and Phoenix was used as a X304 ship anyway in the SG:A.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Bet you'd never guess what I'd call the spin off.

sigpic
          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Here's my descriptions for my own titles:

1. Stargate Revolution
            The series that would take place directly after SGU, maybe some years later when a new alien force attacks Earth and the President is forced to go public with the Stargate Program, which starts affecting some of our favorite characters in a negaive way. The series would take place in the already established SG-1/Atlantis/Universe cannon. Link

2. Stargate Extinction
            No, this would not be JM's SGA movie idea. It would be about the remains of the Goa'uld Empire, the newly established Wraith Hybrid Empire (started by Michael) and the blue aliens from SGU uniting under a massive fleet which attacks Earth, Atlantis and Destiny crew at the same time. A multi-galactic war breaks loose between different fractions of the newly formed alliance and our heroes. However, a time-travelling group of Ancients which had broken loose from the rest of their own kind and which has the same beliefs as our heroes joins forces with them. That allows for even more scientific and tech discoveries and the creation of two new Stargate Systems: the AU Stargate and the dimensional Stargate, which allows our heroes to gather more information about the multi-galactic war outburst and what lead to it.

3. Stargate Dimensions
            A direct continuation of Stargate Extinction. A new SG team uses the new Dimensional Stargate in order to resolve some issues in their own timeline left by the multi-galactic war, eventually making their actions positively affect the other ones.

4. Stargate AU
            The next step in the story. Kind of a big one. After the Dimensional Stargate is ceased by the IOA for unknown reasons, the decision is made to create a special SG expedition which could use the AU Stargate for exploration purposes. The new expedition soon proves to be successful as individual members start bringing back new, never-before seen knowledge and tech.

5. Supergate
            Colonel Samantha Carter recruits a new SG team under her command and leads it to the Ori Galaxy after the Ori (now our allies) come under attack by some unknown alien force. It isn't long before Sam finds out that the Ark did not work on every Ori group. This sends the new team onto a special mission troughout a wide range of Galaxies with an upgraded version of The Hammond, the Sun Tzu, the Apollo and a brand new Deadelous providing support trough a new version of the Supergate System.

6. Stargate Novus
            The complete story of the Novans from SGU, with the "Twin Destinies" episode being the series premiere. Scenes from "Common Descent" and "Epilogue" are used troughout the series.

7. Stargate: The Missing Ones
            In an alternate universe, the entire Atlantis expedition goes missing without a trace and without an explanation. SG-1 manages to reach Atlantis, however, they go missing as well. A new expedition soon arrives - the expedition from the Deadelous from "The Deadelous Variations" and finds out that their messing with the dimentional drive had created a rift in the space time continuum and that they're the only ones who can fix what they've done. They soon find out they aren't the only ones responsible for the outcome they caused as their paths corss-over with a group of evil Ancients who are set out to destroy everything created by their own kind in every possible AU and erase everything that has to do with Stargate!

8. Stargate Untold Mythology Secrets
            Janus, against orders from the council, builds another time-travelling Puddle Jumper and travells to year 2019 in order to warn the SGC of a great threat that lies before them. However, he soon realises that he has made a big mistake because he is required by General Landry to tell everyting about the Stargate, the Ancient tech and science that hasn't been discovered yet. Soon, an SG team finds out why: it seems that the Ancients have a dark secret to tell.

9. Stargate: Time
            A sceince team is assigned to see how exactly time travelling trough Stargate works and how to determine to which point in time the Stargate connects to itself when affected by the solar flare.

10. Stargate Apollo
            The series follows the adventures of Colonel Abraham Ellis and his crew in the defence of Earth and its interests.

11. Stargate Hammond
            Hammond Mark 2 is created to fill in for the original Hammond when a Goa'uld/Wraith hybrids start showing up out of nowhere in both Pegasus and Milky Way. Colonel Mitchell is assigned as its commander.

12. Stargate Phoenix
            In a Galaxy 10,000 light years away from the Pegasus, the Deadelous from "The Deadelous Variations" someohow appears in it. Accidentally spotted by Colonel Abraham Ellis in the Apollo while on yet another mission, he is notified by another crew member what Colonel Sheppard and his team enountered in it, which ends up in the creation of the brand-new Phoenix outpost in order to attempt stopping the aliens that killed AU John, Teyla, Ronnon and McKay featured in the episode.

13. Stargate Deadelous
            An SG team from the Phoenix outpost finally manages to take control of it. Soon, they are given an unexpected order from the SGC: Turn the dimensional drive offline and bring the ship back to Earth for further AU space exploration purposes.

14. Stargate: Milky Way
            The Stargate action switches back to the Milky Way Galaxy. SG-MW team is re-compiled from a selection of brand new members and ordered to deal with a new primitive alien threat. But this time, Earth appears to NOT be the interest of the new hostile alien force. As it turns out, they are after the last crew that was in control the AU Deadelous, which has been destroyed years ago.

15. Stargate: Conclusion
            Due to the over-extention of the Stargate Program, the President orderes the immediate shut-down of the Phoenix and the similar outposts as soon all threats in those Galaxies have been dealt with or made unable to launch a large-scaled attack on Earth. However, due to the extension of all the science and tech discoveries, that prooves to be easier ordered than actually done.

16. Stargate Atlantida (OK, the title sucks, but couldn't come up with a different one as it was late in the evening)
            McKay messes up soemthing really bad and the Antlantis expedition ends up with a dozen of Anlantises from various AU's in the SG-1 cannon). However, Carter and Jennie find out that the city-ships are not only compatible with one another, but were always ment to function as a group of cities, thus forming a country called Atlantida. That, of course, like many times in the past, opens a lot of more questions than answers as the a new Atlantis expedition ends up with hundreds ZPM's to spare and at least a dozen Stargates.

It's all I've got. For now.
            Last edited by Mnikolic; 18 December 2019, 02:26 AM.

Comment

The Show Formerly Known As Stargate SG-1

(like The Artist Formerly Known As Prince)
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                The Show Formerly Known As Stargate SG-1

(like The Artist Formerly Known As Prince)
                Starring The Ghost Formerly Known as Kate Heightmeyer

Yes I went there
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Yes I went there
                  You can be an evil man sometimes Jel
                  sigpic

Comment

Only sometimes?

I've got to work harder
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Which implies she ascended.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Although this has already been used by the upcoming TTRPG, Stargate Phoenix makes the most sense.
                        Rebirth from the ashes is what we want, isn't it?
                        As I think about all the real names and the great names we have come up with, I can't help thinking that the name should be from the stand point of the story of the show. SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe all reference a component within the story arc of their show.

Phoenix tends to portray the viewers position. Not the show story. If a new show comes, the story will not know of any time shift. What are they rising from in the story?

But, I might be over thinking this. I would assume Brad would have the last word on what the name would be.

I just hope they stay with the canon. That would be SG1/SGa/SGU merger.

My hope is that a newly formed SG-1 (with Teal'c) track down a huge cache of ZPMs and drones. With the surplus, McKay and Carter figure out how to merge multiple ZPMs into a huge power source for Destiny and Atlantis. Atlantis could then power the wormhole drive to get back to the Pegasus galaxy. The SGC and Destiny could dial earth for resupplies and manpower.
                        Last edited by randyored; 19 December 2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by randyored View Post
                          As I think about all the real names and the great names we have come up with, I can't help thinking that the name should be from the stand point of the story of the show. SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe all reference a component within the story arc of their show.

Phoenix tends to portray the viewers position. Not the show story. If a new show comes, the story will not know of any time shift. What are they rising from in the story?

But, I might be over thinking this. I would assume Brad would have the last word on what the name would be.

I just hope they stay with the canon. That would be SG1/SGa/SGU merger.

My hope is that a newly formed SG-1 (with Teal'c) track down a huge cache of ZPMs and drones. McKay and Carter figure out how to merge multiple ZPMs into a huge power source for Destiny and Atlantis. Atlantis could then power the wormhole drive to get back to the Pegasus galaxy. Destiny could dial earth for resupplies.
                          Ahh.
                          From that particular perspective, I would go for SG: Redemption.
                          They have left the Pegasus galaxy to be consumed by the wraith, and they have left the Destiny drifting across the vastless tract of the unknown space between galaxies.
                          "no man left behind" is the contract they signed (I'm talking characters here, not actors).
                          So yeah, SG:Redemption would work perfectly.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            ..."no man left behind" is the contract they signed (I'm talking characters here, not actors)...
                            Literally depends on the character cause that's a rule they broke on plenty of occasions...

Yes, Elizabeth Weir comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Literally depends on the character cause that's a rule they broke on plenty of occasions...

Yes, Elizabeth Weir comes to mind.
                              Let's get her back, cause I'm still PO'ed about what happened to Weir.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X