Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have thought of some Stargate show names.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here. They should have written "Ghost in the Machine" as a two parter, go all out to get Torri back to reprise the role and just give a permanent conclusion for the character. "The Shrine" could have come later in the season since it was a pretty good episode and we could so live without "Whispers". They could have had Wier show up in the finale scene of the series too since they did rush the hell out of the episode anyway. If not anything else, it would make the finale a bit more complete.

Comment

Stargate : Chlamydia - the new 18+ mature Stargate show with lots of first contacts

but back to seriousness

Stargate : Legacy or Stargate : Heritage - would be a fitting name to an Milky Way based show
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Stargate : Chlamydia - the new 18+ mature Stargate show with lots of first contacts
        It might already exist... ...actually, considering the amount of mature fanfiction in existence... I'm pretty sure it already exists.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If you remember Jack also hasn't hesitated in the Brief Candle episode. He has just done his not so noble "duty".

Just a theoratical question as I was thinking on it. What would happen if a soldier fathers a child offworld? Would they let him visit his child frequently? Could he leave the SGC to live there like Daniel? It could be an interesting background story for a hero who was fooled into a forced marriage and he was kicked out of the program, taken away his GDO, but then they need his / her help after years. Since he / she was living offworld, he could have a deeper experience than any Tauri based SGC member. But then he wouldn't be part of the US Army anymore and maybe he/she would be an example that they leave man behind what would cause a moral question about his/her loyality.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Wouldn't this be following the same rules as -- I don't know -- ...what are the current rules of "fraternization" with the local population?

Because this is really an interesting question.

Comment

Whoa... It's been a long time since I last saw SG-1. I better get to it this year. And I'll be starting with the thing that started it all... the original movie.

Anyway, back on topic. I completely forgot that Jack has fatherd a child offworld. I don't remember if it was ever revisited. What became of the mother? What became of the child? Or the entire population on that planet? I must say this sure is a topic that the next SG series should at least scratch the surface of, if not explore it more in detail. What if Jack had other kids back on Earth? The mother doesn't have or need to be Samantha Carter exactly unless they somehow got some special permission to start a family of their own. It'd be an interssting take on the franchise and it could end up being a pretty interesting series if it's done right. Plus it could lead to interesting SG-based dicoveries and knowledge.

Comment

What I have meant that we are all humans, maybe not every SG team will always behave as gentlemen according to the military discipline. The supporter of Stargate was the US military, so probably they wouldn't be happy to see such darker, but a bit more realistic human stories which can fade the spotlight of the mighty army. But as I have said we are all humans, so such "sexident" (sex accident) can happen. "Stargate crossed lovers" would be a lovely episode title. How would a family torn apart by regulations? Can somebody have an offworld family? Could a relationship work if they have to live their life on seperate planets and they are not allowed to dial home day by day?

Something similar was briefly mentioned in the Brief Candle or 100 Hundred Days. Daniel had some affairs as well (like in the Need). Even Teal'c has sacrificed so much his family life as his son has grown up without him. His wife has left him. His wealth was taken away. But I am guessing he has visited Rya'c offscreen and Bra'tac was a good grandpa figure role too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                  Whoa... It's been a long time since I last saw SG-1. I better get to it this year. And I'll be starting with the thing that started it all... the original movie.
                  Be sure to join the episode discussions.

Yes, all has been said... but I'm still... err... sorta... going through a rewatch... third year now and I'm in the middle of season 8 of SG-1.

Comment

How about: Stargate: Camelot

If Merlin was not a wizard but an alien from another world, he brings the tech for space travel and portals to Camelot and from there, the knights of the famous king seek new allies on far away worlds.
                    The round table is a map of galaxies and they have kind of a gate disguised as mirror

Would bring some fantasy elements into the sci-fi show

Comment

But Merlin is established as an Ancient... in current canon lore.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        But Merlin is established as an Ancient... in current canon lore.
                        Must have slipped me, but then it is even more a thing that would work

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                          Must have slipped me, but then it is even more a thing that would work
                          Stargate: The Once And Future King

Comment

Even Camelot was found in season 9 as that was the last episode.

I believe they should skip now the Arthurian lore as that was part of the "Stargate : Command season 1-2" (SG-1 season 9-10) and it was closed with the Ark of Truth. So a new spinoff needs a new lore / mythlogy / culture element. It could be about the Roman Empire or some Mayan-Aztec culture etc.

By they way it would be cool to see the real Arthur and his knights. Somehow I have imagined that the Roundtable is a horizontal stargate and they are just sitting around it. Who knows? Maybe they were lost in the gate system, maybe they have gone an other galaxy or the Destiny... The universe is infinite.

I also wanted to see Omoroca as the Lady of the Lake and she has met with Arthur before.. So she would be still alive on Earth in my Stargate Origins : Omoroca story.

Comment

I like the idea of a show that mixes fantasy with sci fi elements because as much as I like SG, I am more drawn to fantasy stories

But there is another idea

Stargete: Legends of the Sky (or the name of the planet the aliens are from)

an alien race looking like angels travels from their home planet through galaxies and sparks the legends and sightings of angels in human culture on different planets. I mean it would be nice to see the gate series also be lead by aliens and not humans

Comment

I was thinking something similar, but it would hurt too many religious feelings if you would use the angels.

Here is a "short" list of hybrids :
                                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...es_in_folklore
                                Technically any of them can be an alien race who could have visited Earth as maybe the humans couldn't describe the outlook of aliens, so they have tried to compare them to existing animals.

A new Stargate should have one word title.

Comment

Working...
                                X