best philosophy in stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best philosophy in stargate

Last edited by grobanix; 28 September 2021, 02:41 AM.
    Enough of this tampering with time. Causality is not to be treated so lightly.

Maybe these are not really philosophies, but some key phrases of the Stargate lore :

1. "The universe is infinite." = everything is possible, no limitations

2. "Death is only the beginning of the journey." = nice moral message about faith, afterlife, reborn

3. "We don't leave our people behind." = power of the community, army disciplines, order
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      3. "We don't leave our people behind." = power of the community, army disciplines,
      order
      They left people behind all the time. Nothing to live by, in my opinion.

Best ones for are the ones I can easily identify with so Oma Desala as Mother Nature. That whole with the candle light and the meal, and stuff like that. Very deep thoughts.

And there's the Nox with their pacifism and being one with the world around them.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Origin. Worship me or die
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Origin. Worship me or die
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They have drunk too much Ori gin, which has made them ORIginal ideas. And only a Sith deals in absolutes.

The candle and meal : basically that is also "the universe is infinite", so we must prepare ourself to any completly new and unexpected things and experiences as there are no limitations (like in which pot is the treasure). Or at least that is how I translated to myself, but maybe I was influenced by Malcolm and his chaos theory from Jurassic Park. Or it could be Six from BSG : "Let a complex system repeat itself long enough and eventually something surprising might occur. "
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
            X