Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would a new stargate series be about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mnikolic : Martin doesn't know anything about Atlantis or the Destiny. They have talked at the end of 200 how the Wormhole Xtreme had 10 seasons, how the main actor was hardly visible in season 8 as he was phoning. So it was a direct reference to SG-1.But the new SG series could just mention it that this show was aired for a decade if the "real" SG Program is revealed.

Valaslonglostsister: Yeah, Cassie has also showed up in my mind as a potential new hero. She is a hok'taur, so her biology could be used for any new plot. Maybe she is still visited by Sam Carter and Jack. Or she would meet an AU Fraiser during her adventures etc.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I would like to see something in which not always the humans are the heroes but another race, that has something like a Stargate for travel

Comment

I would like to see Tolans and Narim

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Mnikolic : Martin doesn't know anything about Atlantis or the Destiny. They have talked at the end of 200 how the Wormhole Xtreme had 10 seasons, how the main actor was hardly visible in season 8 as he was phoning. So it was a direct reference to SG-1.But the new SG series could just mention it that this show was aired for a decade if the "real" SG Program is revealed.

Valaslonglostsister: Yeah, Cassie has also showed up in my mind as a potential new hero. She is a hok'taur, so her biology could be used for any new plot. Maybe she is still visited by Sam Carter and Jack. Or she would meet an AU Fraiser during her adventures etc.
          SGU ended in 2011. SGA had 5 seasons and SGU had 2 seasons. Even if it took him in-story 2-3 years to somehow find out about them (and he probably would), he could have easily ran a Wormhole X-treme spin-off from either from 2013 to 2018 or 2014 to 2019 and another one from 2019 to 2020 or from 2020 to 2021. I mean, SGC could've easily used Martin's show to prepare the entire Earth's population for the big reveal. That would make the stakes really high, but everyone would have an easier time to understand anything Stargate-related (missions, historical discoveries, mythological discoveries, emenies, expeditions in other Galaxies, Earth's ships, Ancient/Asgard tech & science & history, the existance of populations and their existing military froces on other planets and on planets in other Galaxies, etc.) because his show would serve as a reference to everyone and to everything that SGC has come up with trough the years.

I'd also like to see Cassandra again, but at least as a recurring character to she'd have a bigger role in the overall story.

Comment

Okay, maybe you have misunderstood me. Martin has never heard of Atlantis and Destiny, so he can't involve those events in his little tv show.

Humans are essential part of a tv show. They can't afford CGI characters, some actors will also not sit hours every day in makeup. Stargate had lots of humans who have played they are not humans (like Goa'uld, Jaffa, Ancients, Replicators). And even audience wouldn't necessarily connect to some alien race. I mean it is fine to introduce a few, but I believe the magic of Stargate was still how our heroes have evolved with the current technological levelin our time.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

What I was saying is that he somehow managed to find out about Atlantis and Destiny after he had completed his little TV show. Maybe it was someone whose only interest was the public relevation of the Stargate program and who didn't care how it would affect the lives of our heroes and the lives of all feature ones. I can see it happening since Chloe's mother threatend to go public with what she knew at the time if she didn't see her daughter. I can also imagine the tensions kicking into a really high gear between the relatives of the members of the Destiny's crew, which could eventually lead to Martin finding out about both Atlantis and Destiny.

It would happen after the goverment trying to stop Mrs. Armstrong to go public with what she currenty knows. So she ends up taking a different route: she gets in contact with a close relative from a Destiny crew member who both know about Atlantis and Destiny. That relative from that crew member could also know someone who's close to Martin. That is, in fact, how Martin would find out about their exsistance. I mean, the crew did go into their stasis pods with the exception of Eli. Which would set the trigger loose for Mrs. Armstrong's actions since I imagine Eli's mother fighting not just for her health, but for her son to come back to her by uniting forces with Chloe's mother along with some other relatives from other crew members. It'd be a great story to tell while easily connecting the three series with the new one without relying too much on the old cast members and their characters at the same time. Not to mention that it would allow for some new faces to be easily introduced, new faces with their own stories, but with some kind of connection to what came before. That way, we could have it all: New cast, new characters, new stories and a neat way to tie into the continuity without forcing it too much, allowing the new spin-off to easily do its own thing.

As for the humas being essential part of a TV show ... we are completely on the same level of thinking on that matter.
              Last edited by Mnikolic; 18 October 2020, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Anything can happen in a scifi.

We have heard briefly even David has mentiones his Stargate : Oblivion idea, but maybe it was just a novel series. We have heard that maybe Dean Devlin will pitch an SG tv show idea next year to MGM as he is such good coworkers now with Jonathan Glassner as they were working on otzer shows now. Maybe he can make him and Brad Wright to sit down. So I wouldn't mind any of these happen next to BW's 4th series as why could we have even more SG show.

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                  I think i'd like to see something completely new, however, i'd like to see the return of Cassandra Fraiser. I know it's not a popular opinion but if we are going with a new cast with no returning old characters, i think it would be a nice, new way of tying in the old series. Plot wise i have no idea what i'd want for the new series. OH and maybe some more representation of the LGBT+ community! Other than that, i trust brad.
                  Second this.

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                  I would like to see something in which not always the humans are the heroes but another race, that has something like a Stargate for travel
                  And this.

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
                  I would like to see Tolans and Narim
                  Aren't the Tolans sort of wiped from existence?
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Aren't the Tolans sort of wiped from existence?
                    They're sort of like Schrodinger's cat; neither dead nor alive until the "box" that they're in is "opened."

The writers could easily bring them back by saying that some of their ships did escape and the survivors have been hiding somewhere. They also could do a flashback to the destruction of Tollana and confirm their deaths by showing all their ships being shot out of the sky and their world completely burned. Until then... Schrodinger's Tollan they remain.
                    Last edited by Xaeden; 16 December 2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                      They're sort of like Schrodinger's cat; neither death nor alive until the "box" that they're in is "opened."

Good point.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Tollans were arrogant and really imbalanced with their superior technology. Some survivors will be introduced in the Stargate : Phoenix RPG, but this is not really canon. So what stories would you base on Tollans? They can't share the wallcrossing technology as it would buff our regular heroes way too much. I wouldn't mind some Mayan/Aztec type storyline what Dean Devlin has mentioned as he considers the books 100% DD canon and I believe one of the books were about this culture. There was even a Stargate novel called "City of the gods" too. If they would go deeper in this way then they should connect the Giant Aliens (Quatzalcoatl from Chrystal Skull), the Tollan and the Orban (from Learning Curve). Some Goa'uld were also introduced from that mythology (like Telchak, Zipacna), so we should hear what role the Goa'uld have played in this pantheon. Even some Stargate : Infinity episodes were Mayan related, but that tv show is definately not part of the BW canon. Maybe some Lucian Alliance ship could visit Tollana to search the ruins... Maybe the Nox have hided them...

Comment

I've got a better idea for a Tollan-based plot/story.

They were shown, as you said, using/creating superior technology. Maybe they used it as a means to escape their deaths. Since they were arrgogant (basically a***s - (sorry for the language phrase)), maybe they had a piece of technology which they used to save themselves - at least the majority of them. I'm talking about some kind of beaming tech/replicator tech/invisibility sheilds tech & science combo combined with some hologram science that only works for them. Maybe they used that tech and science to their advantage - what if SG-1 didn't actually meet the Tollans, but some kind of their living copies, that are neither Replicator or clone-based? So when the Goa'ulds came and knocked on the door, they were already gone and our heroes were basically communicating with their "temporary replacements" which Tollans used to trick their attackers and ultimately, SG-1, somehow for their own good.

They may be living somewhere where's safe, away from all the fighting and worries for the ultimate survival. Maybe in the coming years, they've learned a couple of lessons and decided to give up their knowledge and destroy their own technology and get as far a way from anything that even remotely resembles a Stargate as possible. They also might have taken on new identities as a means to create a good cover for themselves, allowing them to keep everyone else safe & sound as far as they (the Tollans) are concerned.

Comment

After reading som of the posts in this thread, i have decided that my answer will be this: The Creation of Destiny, the Ancients building her, suppling her with everything they need.
                            During the season, the Ancients is gathering resources and personel.
                            and as the last episode they launch Destiny.
                            The last scene we will see is this: Destiny flying through FTL with an empy bridge or fully manned bridge
                            Commander Grade
                            Lt. General of The Global Network

Junior Woodchucks Lieutenant

"It is easier to know where you are going when you know where you have been."

"A wise ninja does not seek out an enemy he does not fully understand "

Comment

I have just written this in an other thread :

I would like to re-introduce a new storyline regarding the Nox in the next Stargate show. What if they are the maintainer of local evolutions and the law of nature? So instead of reaching a higher level form with Ascendency, what if they would choose "Descendancy" after they were tired of hiding and protecting others? Old Noxes would choose a planet slightly similar like ents in the Lord Of The Rings, but instead of ascending, they could merge with the local ecosystem as pure natural energy like a boost. And our new heroes would discover how rich wass of life they could have created in a new galaxy with this way. So technically they would be written out, but we would find out what has happened how they can talk and reform or reshape themselves like nymps or spirits etc. I don't want to see necessarily talking planets like in the Final Fantasy franchise just a new plot device how the Nox have mergded with their beloved gardens.

Maybe such a revelation could be introduced in the Milky Way or in a new galaxy. The Nox has guided and protected local lifeforms, but some of them has decided to merge with the local plants on different planets, so their life energies were used to boost life on dying worlds. Then the new time would find out what has happened, how they have cared even about such races which have evolved rapidly into bad intentions. We could see different fractions and philosophical groups of Nox how they believed in the Alliance of the Four Race, but then they have become more and more isolated from the Asgard and the Furling as the Goa'uld has started to rise.

I believe Joe Mallozzi has slightly negatively commented them like "a race with the birdcage" or something similar and how much the fans would like to see them in his first DtG interview, so I am guessing there are no plans to revisit any Nox related subjects.

Comment

recently been binging stargate due to lockdown and I have been reinvigorated by the news of revival.

Personally for me Stargate has this great blend of exploration, politics, Philosopy, technology in a grounded sense. While the end of SG-1 seems to have solve a lot of problems it hasn't really.

I had story ideas that I was dabbling in as a concepts for fanfiction that might have made good ideas for season 11

These topics can deal on philosohy:
                                1. The Jaffa- The Jaffa are our allies and they were united in their goal of freedom but lets be realistic they don't know what that freedom is. There are many cases where where freedom fighters become unstable and devolve into years of purges, disunity and terrorism. The Jaffa are a warrior species with the largest fleet in terms of numbers. They have spent their existence as a military I could see them establishing a military hegemony conquering some human worlds to build their empire. Spartans did something like that.
                                2. The Tok'ra survival problem- There is an answer but from a source some may find reprehensible. Baal. Baal created a means of cloning symbiotes and hosts. The Tok'ra might have kept a few Baal clones giving them asylum in exchange for that knowledge. Its an interesting philosophical issue.
                                3. The Ori- I mean the army not the ascended beings. what happens to the army of religious zealots with their gods dead? What happens to the worlds that pledged loyalty/collaborated with them now that they lost their support?

Techwise the Asgard Core
                                The Asgard put everything they have and know (thanks to Thor) and it made one of the most powerful warships in two galaxies but as we saw Enemy at the gates Its not invincible. I doubt its the best ship the Asgards could have ever built.

As a simple explanation its like the Asgard put a Jet engine and F-16's missiles on a Biplane. I am just thinking Earth could build a new class of warship to carry on the fight. Like its predecessors there would be problems.

Stargate becomes public knowledge and 10 years later.

There is the Ninth Chevron and the Supergate- Stargate Series' start with the gate opening to a new threat.
                                Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                                X