Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would a new stargate series be about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is sort of similar the premise of Stargate Infinity, but I think a show about an SG team that is basically the A-Team would be cool. They escape off world while being transported back to Earth for court martial. And then while they're on the run they can help people on different planets. It would also be able to expand the premise as it goes, and tell a larger story.

Perfecto!

Comment

Stargate : Infinity was set in 2030, so we are almost there in the timeline. Gus Bonner could make a cameo in the 4th series, but Brad Wright will never merge Infinity with his own canon.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Besides Infinity isn't sole property of MGM so they wouldn't touch that.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Besides, the TV series cannon is already messed up as it is and it would need a lot of things about it sorted out before a merge between Stargate Infinity's and the TV series timeline could even be considered.

However, since we already have a variety of stories to tell/finish from the existing spin-offs, I'd rather if BW didn't make a marge like that happen, even if he thought it'd be a good idea.

Comment

Besides... ...a new show would be about a team going off-world, getting in trouble, hardly ever die and defend earth from whomever replaced the Ori and the Goa'uld.

Comment

I still thinking about stories, ideas, races and technologies how to continue the Stargate franchise. But I have to remind myself that even if we could come up with a great idea, the writers are still not allowed to read or to use them. So I have tried to stop myself as why would I bother to invest time and energy if the outcome won't be productive? It is not logical, but I would consider it rather as fun and practice.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

You can always write your own continuation...

The Sparkies did it with a virtual season 6 of Atlantis -- they brought Kate back.

Comment

And yours truly has covered Stargate Universe. *End shameless self-promotion*
                  sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                    And yours truly has covered Stargate Universe. *End shameless self-promotion*
                    See, Platschu, taking matters in our own hands sometimes to bring those ideas to fruitation.

Comment

Even I'm thinking about my own SG continuation, but it'll be based on my own version of events from some of the SG-1 and SGA seasons. I'm still planning it since I still have to do a re-watch, but one thing I can say... In my version, SGU will be set up better and it will have our heroes from both Milky Way and Pegasus actually working together in a way to rescue the people trapped on Destiny after dealing with two entirely different versions of the same foe back home(s). It's all I'm going to say for now.

Comment

Precisely. Do it because it's fun. WHo knows. if we can keep this alive long enough, they might pull a Doctor Who and revive stargate in our life time.

And those who make their own series, tell me where you put it 'cause I'll gladly read it.

Also, shameless self promotion. the stargate is now public. earth is on the brink of war. and the first fifth race is coming to reclaim its title

sigpic
                        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

What I have meant that we all had cool ideas about new enemies, new gate types, new galaxiss, but the writers will never ever use any of them as they are not allowed to read fan ideas. They are the ones who are paid to find out something new and original, so probably they must feel offended when some enthusiastic amateurs enter into their professional territory. This is the reason I loved Dean Devlin's attitude that they were listening to the fans. All fan fiction are good for practice to improve your writing skills. Just I wish some of our ideas or suggestions would be accepted or listened. I hope Brad Wright will find out how to please old and new fans then maybe the franchise can bloom into even more tv movies or spinoffs next to fourth series. The Star Trek is the best example that fans or used-to-be fans will watch everything, but we need quality and not just quantity. But at first we have to believe in the fourth series that he really works on it and only the Covid and/or the selling of MGM has postponed the announcement.

Comment

I too hope for a spin-off, that's at least a 5-season thing. Doesn't need to be 20+ episodes per season. It can be anywhere inbetween 12 to 15. A single veteran actor/character cameo would be just perfect, even if the one who comes back just comes to say a couple of lines of dialogue into the camera. Maybe somehow write in the COVID-19 situation and have the returnee chat with the new hearoes via any of the social media apps or whatever the Stargate "ancient" version of those is. Just don't give us the same old stuff that's been overused in the past. No more Replicator stories or drug plots that can end up in a bad way of converting alien spicies into humans. We want new original stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                              Maybe somehow write in the COVID-19 situation
                              No, please no. The creators of SG-1 managed to not write in the "War on Terror". I'd like to think that the new series can also remain escapism.

Comment

Stargate : Gaia
                                This spinoff setting could deal with biology related subjects in a new galaxy. The main story would be about accelerated evolution, environment changes, local failed terraforming experiments, life creating domes. The local races belongs to three major fraction by origin :
                                - the original transphase races who have always lived in this galaxy and they have a common phase-transphase biological cycle
                                - the newly added races which were resurrected from the timeline of the Ancient homeworld (Avalon, Tauri)
                                - the artificial hybrid races which were created by the Goa'uld to serve as hosts (and they were transported by the Oannes' ark from the Milky Way)
                                This galaxy had a golden age when everything went well and then something unexpected happened and they were separated from each other. Now they would also suffer from a new common threat which effects all of them and even such lifeforms meet which were always seperated before. The stars are fading away on the sky as a new mysterious enemy is spreading in space. Some of intelligent lifeforms believes that their old guardians, the Nox, who left their gardens (planets) and returned to the Milky Way long time ago together with their pets, the Rheetou. Others believe this unnatural dark matter based lifeforms serves the will of the Nox. We would slowly find out that Anubis was also here for a thousand year and maybe this is his final act as he was searching for a particular Goa'uld scientist before he was lured back to Kheb by Oma Desala. Even such theories would spread that the Ancient gate seeding ship infect the solar systems when it recharged itself and they have to prove themselves as a redemption. Whichever is true the our new heroes must explore this new galaxy while they would try to negotiate with the local weird lifeforms to bring peace and harmony and to restore the Eden Pact.

Comment

Working...
                                X