Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would a new stargate series be about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So usually I don't get involved with these kinds of threads cos I don't see the point in dwelling, but just by chance I saw this in New Posts when I got up and... Well I had some inspiration. This is what I came up with in about five minutes flat. It's not complete and there are some ways the plot comes together that has some gaps but there we go. Call this say the first half of an opening two parter. Or possibly just first quarter of an opening two parter.

We open on our new main character. I don't have a name for them so let's call them... Hunter. Maybe his callsign.

So we start with just flashes of memory. Hunter in SGC gear. Flashes of light from the kawoosh and puddle. The sound of the chevrons locking and then cut to black.
    Hunter wakes up and starts his day. He has a wife and a young child who he greets and has breakfast. All pretty mundane. He is an Airforce Officer. A Captain. And you see a lot of military regalia around the house. Through dialogue we can work out that he is a reservist and is on his way for his month's duty. He gets in his car and heads out to report in at his base.

We see a glimpse of who he is at home and what he is like when he gets to work. He's a good, strong officer who has the respect of his peers. His actual personality I haven't got nailed down but in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter for the purposes of the outline here.

Then there's an accident. If we want a bit of action it could be while he is flying. There's a burnout in his engine say and his F-16 basically flies apart and he's forced to eject. He lands hard, maybe into the side of a mountain or through some trees as there's a strong wind carrying him and he receives a pretty severe head injury.

He's out cold and we see more of the Stargate. We see a clearer memory as he's geared up with his unit and at the bottom of the ramp as the Stargate comes to life. We may see a familiar character in his team (Not in the sense of someone in the old show but maybe someone from his base who we saw him interact with). We do also see, Dr. Jackson in the background, nodding for him to go on ahead through the gate, and we see him and his team step through.

Hunter wakes up. He's in hospital and a nurse checks in on him. Apparently he's been out cold for several days and his wife quickly turns up to do the usual "oh thanks god bit." Hunter however is confused. He can't remember the last several years. He does know his wife, but he can't remember them being married and he doesn't remember their child. It's all very typical and cliche drama up to this point. All the "Your memory might come back eventually" and "Let's just get you home. I promise we'll work this out." etc. He does wonder where they are now though because the last thing he remembered they were living in Colorado. The wife says "oh yeah we moved from there about fives years back" or something along those lines and Hunter nods and just kinda tries to adjust. It seems to affect him a little more than some of the other stuff they've talked about so far though and she asks if that's ok to which he says "Yeah, it's just... I dunno. I was happy there. Can't really imagine why I'd want to leave."

He gets home and we see that on the whole he's a bit more stiff than he was before. Not just because things are unfamiliar, including his kid, but in the sense that he carries himself far more like he's still full military whereas in the beginning he came across far more casual about his time in the airforce. He is still trying to get back into his life though and we may see a brief moment where he is playing happily with his kid and clearly they still share a bond even if Hunter doesn't remember it.

The guy we see at the airforce base and in his flashback comes knocking. He's just there to check on how Hunter is doing and they sit down and share a beer. THey're old friends and the wife even says how she's pretty exhausted over catching Hunter up so now it's his buddy's turn. They get left alone and they talk and kid around and when Hunter is sure they're alone he goes "man, why did we leave Colorado? We loved it there." Not saying it out loud but obviously talking about the gate program. His buddy laughs and says "Yeah, right! Come on man. Analysing deep space radar telemetry? Since when was that fun?"
    Hunter is obviously kind of confused and does a double take to make sure his wife hadn't come back inside but they're completely alone. He looks his buddy in the eye and kinda says something, I'm not sure what but his Buddy's response kinda gives him a hint that he should just drop the mention even though he's still confused.

When he's alone later Hunter waits until he has moment and tries making a call. He gets through to the operator at Cheyenne Mountain and gives his access code and requests to speak to General Carter. But he gets rejected. His code isn't accepted. On the one hand that isn't unexpected given how long it's been so he just is a little annoyed and moves on.

He does some digging online and finds out that Cheyenne Mountain is now closed down as a base. General Carter is now posted to Washington at the Pentagon and for a moment he kinda is accepting because well if they closed the base and moved the gate then that explains why he's no longer in the program. But something is still gnawing at him. We kinda get the sense that this was something he loved doing. Like Jack he may have a telescope in his back garden and he spends a lot of his time looking up at the stars.

the next days he goes to DC. He either makes an appointment with or intercepts General Carter and her personal aide on their way into work. Either way he introduces himself and she cuts him off with "Ah yes, Captain Hunter. I heard about you accident. How are you doing?"
    She definitely knows him and he's pretty relieved. "I don't know, Ma'am. I lost the last five years of my life. I guess I'm just trying to piece together the gaps." All in all this seems like our Sam. Reasonable, warm but professional. She shows what seems to be an honest concern for him, but once again she mentions Deep Space Radar Analysis. He kinda ignores it in the conversation he says,
    "I'd just really like to know... What happened to the Stargate? Do you know why I left the program?"
    She blinks and says, "I'm sorry, the what?"
    "Ma'am," he says, "I understand, I'm sure it's still all classified. But I earned my place in the program. It's all I can think about. The last thing I remember before waking up in that hospital bed is stepping through that Gate. I just want to know... something to help me move on."
    Carter bristles and reinstates that she has no idea what he is talking about and brusquely tells him that she has work to do. She then walks off with her aide in tow who takes a quick glance back at Hunter.

It cuts to night time back at Hunter's family home. He's laying in bed with his wife and hears a noise. He gets up to investigate but she is saying it's probably nothing and should come back to bed. He goes anyway and finds a team of black ops in his home with guns. We see his own skills come out now and he basically hunts them down in the house, arming himself and either gunning down or silently dispatching the rest. He yells for his wife to grab their kid and get dressed but his wife is there already with a gun pointed at him. She says something along the lines of mentioning that she was hoping that they could make it look like he'd died in a break in but she'll settle for being the wife protecting her child from their poor damaged father. Their kid then walks in wondering what all the noise was and Hunter takes the opportunity to knock his wife down, grab the kid and bolt out of the house, taking his car and just driving. He's lost and has no idea where he's going or what to do but he knows he has to get out.

That's when his car just stops. Stone dead. He gets his gun ready as he hears someone approach the car and he is ready to protect himself and his child. There's a something that gives him pause. A knock on the window. Maybe a voice that calls out not to shoot. "if I wanted you dead I could have just shot you through the door." comes the voice. Or something like that.
    It turns out it's General Carter's aide, who greets him by his rank and apologises for being too late at the house. They urge Hunter to get out of the car and come with them to their truck. He does haven't much choice in the matter as it seems they aren't alone and soon he is in the back of a truck with his kid and a number of other guys who are obviously military in plain clothes.

The next part gets fuzzy.
    They drive for quite a long time. They may or may not end up using a Asgard Transporter or a set of rings to where they're going next but one way or another they reach a new base. In my mind this is on Earth but if you really REALLY wanted a moon base this would be the moon base.

Hunter is surprised to find that the base is pretty run down and rag tag but it's clearly still run like a military. He meets up with the apparent leader of the group which is obviously Dr. Jackson who reveals to him that a lot has changed in the time he forgot. Most notably because everyone has seemingly forgotten about or is choosing to cover up the Stargate program ever exists. Somehow (Again not come up with the why yet) this base of Daniel's does have the gate and they are able to still use it without anyone's knowledge. But something happened to the point where all of Earth's ships and colonies and so on were just disbanded seemingly over night. Daniel remembers because he was once ascended (though for the purposes of beginning a new show this would be said straight off the bat) but most other people have no clue. Those who do remember seemingly only do so as dreams or as moments of insight and it took years just for this new group to figure out how to use the gate again. Hunter however, is the first person that they know of who has ever seemingly remembered it all... Though Daniel does wonder about others, and he momentarily takes a moment to remember Jack, who is dead. Again, seemingly over night in some accident or another. Ever since then the World has seemingly been on the down turn. More wars. More diseases. Climate change. Less Freedoms. Fake News. Etc. Etc. It's like the world just forgot what it was working towards one day.
    After this the gate is revealed and it's stated that this shadow group's remit is to keep using the gate and try to figure out what happened on Earth. Figure out if they were attacked and by who. Why? When? And if nothing else, Daniel says "Just to still keep feeling... Human... To explore. To Figure out why we're all here... You know... Meaning of life stuff..."

That's as far as I'm up to. But the general idea is for the show to kinda have that surreal X-Files like tone that SG-1 had in its NID and Earth based episodes. It's a case of not knowing who to trust and why things are the way they are. There's also a kind of duality as life out in the real world on Earth is kinda bleak and confusing for our characters while then they get to the base and it's an exciting adventure and dangerous but also kind of a relief. Thematically this is a show about conspiracies and why humanity matters even more when you feel all alone in the world. It's definitely a show that spends its fair share of time on Earth but it isn't locked there. These people still use the gate to go out and explore, not just to figure out what might have happened to Earth. A lot of the group are just regular people who just stumbled into this so being on alien planets is just kinda spectacular to them.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hunter is naturally the main character, but I like to think he's possibly not the leader. Daniel obviously takes on the role of that key face from the old shows and is a kind of mentor. His academic side is more heightened and he mainly stays in base to figure stuff out. There'd likely be a commander who would be in charge alongside Daniel too. An ex colonel maybe. And the previously mentioned aide to Carter would be our person on the inside. They work with the Stargate team but we also see what's happening in the Pentagon with Carter who we discover is kind of the main villain, at least at the start. She knows about the Stargate and she knows somehow it's still operating and she needs to stop it. Though it's unclear whether she's under mind control or being coerced or if she's even human. (i don't know either to be honest.)
      Meanwhile a big theme I'd like to keep on with is Hunter and his relationship with his kid. He needs to relearn how to be a dad and suddenly a single one (his wife may be a recurring antagonist as well) and even worse is that his kid basically has to just live in the base. I'm kinda picturing Ben Sisko and his son Jake from DS9. That kind of dynamic but the kid being younger.

Naturally we'd find out about the Jaffa and Atlantis and the Goa'uld along the way but the point of this open is to create a show which is fresh and contemporary and can ease new viewers into the universe. Hunter and Jackson are kind of our guides while other characters kind of see all this stuff new and fresh. Naturally one of the early assumptions is that somehow Goa'uld or Ori have taken over Earth but as it turns out the rest of the galaxies are seemingly in similar situations to Earth (Though not all and none are quite the same).

As the show develops we start to pick up on this new villain. Something more vague and less easy to define that the Goa'uld or Ori or even the Ancients. Something very different to what we have seen before is happening. And it's much less a clear villain as it is something surreal and maybe something that I would describe as just a presence. THere's clearly a motive behind it as the story progresses but it's hard to pin down then just finding an enemy to shoot at off world (though there would still be plenty of action, not to worry.)
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I like your story. It gives me the goose bumps. I'd love if you'd finish it.

Comment

I have rewatched this scene from BattleStar Galactica :

Battlestar Galactica | The Tomb Of Athena
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcCXDJf78dM

It is so funny to see the star constellations on some kind of Stonehenge type buildings which are the same as the glyphs on the Stargate. Somehow I have completly forgotten this scene, but it could give a little chance to play with the SG-BSG crossover ideas.

Once I had a weird dream as well. I was watching a dokumentary movie on the television, where David Attenborough was the narrator. But instead of talking about some rare or exotic animals, he was introducing different planets to the viewers with his calmed voice. It was strange.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I was just thinking about what would be a great plot and story for a new SG series the other day. I caught a re-run of an SG-1 episode on the Sci-Fi Channel. It was a season 6 episode where Prometheus is still unfinished and these guys hijack it and demand a guy and the Konrad character released, then Thor shows up at the end who shocks Jack with his huge-ass request for help. Note that as of now, I have still not begun my re-watch of the entire series, I just happened to stumble upon the episode while flipping trough the channels, so this idea is still incomplete.

Anyway, the story I came up with dives into the overal SG TV cannon, its established plots, sotrylines, mythology and characters from all three shows while also exploring how does the maintaining of the secrecy of the Stargate program start to gain negative effect in family relations and those relations eventually getting trough everyone's skin at the SGC/Homeworld Command/Atlantis/Destiny.

The story starts off with a young women named Mia joining the military against the will of her own family members. The family has just gotten out of a huge family crisis which featured a lot of secrets and lies between different protions of it (it's a huge family). Mia's family eventually accepts the fact that she is now serving the country, but her brother Mike asks not to get into any top secret military programs (their grandfather also died serving the country, that's why he knows that there are top secret military programs) / que word right there /. Unwillingly, Mia agrees and promisses to everyone that she won't get into trouble. But that's easier said than done. On a mission overseas, Mia and a couple of members of her military branch witness an Ori talking to a Goa'uld about the Wraith and the Ursini being wiped out by Earth's military forces. Mia takes her smartphone out and ends up recording most of the conversation and asks her comerads to keep this a secret upon the two talking sides depart and disappear into thin air. They return to their branch, pretending nothing ever happened. However, upon returning to USA, getting back to normal military life prooves difficult. Two weeks after returning, they are individually visited by Stargate Homeworld officials and asked to come with them.

4 of the members of Mia's former military branch arrive and find Mia sitting there in an interrogation room. The 5 comrades are re-united and are asked all kinds of questions by Shappard, Colonel Telford, dr. Jackson, dr. McKay, Colonel Carter and dr. Rush. They're told that they know what they witnessed and they even show Mia's recording on one of their laptops. As it turns out, the smartphone Mia was using overseas is a part of getting Earth to fight back against a completely new generation of the Ori, who are lead by somehow a restructured System Lord Ares. The 5 are properly introduced to the Stargate program and are told a horrific truth about what happened 15 years ago when the Destiny crew reached Earth.

Here's where we are presented by a long flashback of what happened. An SG expedition, made of SG personel members that used to be a part of their own SG teams in Milky Way, Pegasus and Destiny was sent on a mission to retreive an important piece of technology trough the Stargate. They soon fell into an ambush, but managed to find their way out. Well, at least that's how things looked to them. In reality, the Ori used their own version of the Replicators mind-reading technology/abilities to change the true outcome in their minds. Before anyone could figure out what was going on, a large group of Ori Priors and brainwashed Jaffa were already running all around Earth trying to fit into Earth's society in order to study it. While the manipulated SG personell members eventually returned to normal, the damage was already done. Back to the present, it's the task of Stargate Homeworld to track down the emenies, capture them and then, deal with them accordingly. That's the reason Shappard, Colonel Telford, dr. Jackson, dr. McKay, Colonel Carter (recently promoted to General) and dr. Rush were summoned - to do their final mission and that's to put together a new SG team called SG-Earth (SG-E) in order to solve this problem.

Mia asks General Carter why don't they send one of their own men to do the job, and she tells her that the only individual who could do this job has only recently passed away following a long illness (possibly hinting she's talking about General O'Neill). Mia's comrads Sky, Kyle, Jenny and Thea ask why them and they're told that the military has kept a close eye on them, their intelligence quotients are outstanding, that they're all super efficient in doing their daily military tasks - including oversea missions and that they've been chosen because some of their individual characteristis have many simillarities to those who brought them to the same interrogation room. The 5 members are given a couple of days to think about it. They are all released upon signing some paperwork.

While the 4 agree to become a part of something bigger, Mia has trouble deciding wather she's up for it or not. She is torn between keeping the promise she gave to Mike and serving the country. However, she soon finds out that even with her paycheck, her entire family is about to loose everything because of financial issues. Their father and her borther took some bank credits to start their own businesses and to purchase an appartment/house that thay could rent, however, their plans fell apart because of a misunderstanding between the father and the son. 5 days later, Mia walks into Carter's office and says to her: "Where do I sign up for this?". General Carter summons her comrads who are already in their SG uniforms and one of the women from her group tells her she's been given the position of their team leader. The SG-E team deprts onto their first mission and that's to track down the tech which allowed the Ori to mess with minds of the Stargate Homeworld's SG members. Carter closes the door while the team is leaving and someone emerges from a secret room behind Carter's office, who gives her a note with a question written on it - and she answers positively.

Meanwhile, a known SG scientist from the past (possibly someone that has worked with ehtier of the established SG scientist characters off-screen) is studying a completely new scientific-tech discovery which may end up providing the SG-E team with some important information. The SG-E team discoveres that something unusual is taking place somewhere in Europe - some farmers are successfully reproducing Ancient technology pieces that not even the former SGC could replicate! Mia contacts the Hammond and they're given the order to re-take as much reproduced Ancient tech as humanly possible and to discover how are the farmers even managing to re-produce the said tech.

Carter is seen leaving to somewhere in the sunset in her personal car that's full of bags - obviosuly never to be seen again... and the sign on her back of her car clearly reads "Until next time...". Back at Mia's home, Mike enters his room and finds his grandmother waiting for him. They ask him what's going on and he replies: "It has begun. Get ready!". After a while, she leaves to bed without actually knowing anything about what's going on with her granddaughter. He proceeds to his desk, opens a drawer and pulls out an upgraded version of a Zat gun, saying that everyone chooses their own destiny. A couple of days later, he secretly watches the recording of Mia and her comrades coming back trough the Stargate from a mission... with yet another unusual discovery in their possesion which is also confirmed to have a connection with what happened 15 years ago...

----------

That's all I got for now. It's late where I live, so I'll continue this tomorrow.

Comment

More ideas.

The "completely new scientific-tech discovery" could be either a combination of the Asgard time dialtion field and the Replicator's ability to read people's minds (which would easily explain how the SG mission ended so horribly) or a combination of the Asgard time dilation field and some Ori-based technology, which could also explain how the SG mission ended horribly, but then it would also add more to the storyline and the SG mythology altogether by combining science and tech of the Asgard, Replicators, the Ori and SG-1's original former enemies, which would also explain how Ares got revived (or orginically remade rather than him just being a Replicator). This would also end up in the SG-E team to deal with a completely new, unknown enemy who uses a combination of science and technologies of deceased Earth's allies, previousely defeated Earth's enemies in SG-1 and previousely defeated Earth's enemies from SG-1 and Atlantis. Maybe Wraith and Ursini tech is brought into the picture later as the series goes on.

But even with knowing all of that, the SG-E team, including the Stargate Homeworld's staff is seriouselly hit with the sudden disappereance of individuals who ended up recruiting them to lead this fight. Here's where the series could go for a darker tone, but still tell stories with an SG-1/SGA style. Mia and her comrads soon become great friends, however, for real-life personal needs they have no time or space since the fact is that they are on their own from now on. However, with Mia's organization skills, the team and the entire SGH staff get their game together and things soon start to unravel once Kyle and Thea manage to get someone from the good old SGC days to help them out from the shadows. Eventually, this results in the reveling of all lies and deceptions within the SGC and the goverment around the Stargate program itself. Even more problems emerge when Mia's brother is released to be a double agent working for the currupt NID officials, but also secretly protecting his own sister's life and the life of her friends. Which proves to be difficult since their grandmother was also a corrupt politician, including a couple of other members from their family, whose roots lead to the early days of the now defeated Lucian Alliance.

As for the unusual disovery - it's none other than a Galaxy map of a Galaxy that's far, far away but which may have a Stargate-based time travel machine lying on one of its planets. The problem is - the map doesn't say which Galaxy or how to get there.

Sky is a scientist but also a military officer with the best grades everywehre and the highest recommendations next to Mia's.
              Kyle is a former martial artist, who was forced by someone to become a soldier for life.
              Jenny and Thea are young women who are naughty and joined the military just for fun, but come to their families and their friend's aid whenever necessary. However, the day Mia recorded the conversation between the Ori Prior and Ares changed their lives forever and they have both promissed themselves that they would protect all life on Earth, whatever it takes. Jenny's more of a straight-forward type of person, while Thea is more of a closed book at the beginning, but opnes up as the series progresses.

--------

That's all I've got for now. Basically, the old characters just make some quick cameos and then, they're out of the picture. The SG-E team character basically take over the entire show as they find themselves in re-connecting Earth with its now-former allies. So there you go: action, adventure, comedy, darker tone, family relations and a handful of lies, deceptions and mysteries.
              Last edited by Mnikolic; 09 April 2020, 04:20 AM.

Comment

As I have seen the interview with Joe Mallozzi it was surprising that he couldn't remember the name of the Nox. He said something that the "people with the bird nest". Maabe he was just tired of asking about them and the Furlings. I know that he is busy and he is involved in many other projects, just somehow I have expected that all the writers are uberfans are like us and they want to hear what the audience wants. Maybe Brad Wright has got a bigger vision about the lore, but I assume it is safe to state that they will never revisit the Nox in future spinoffs.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  As I have seen the interview with Joe Mallozzi it was surprising that he couldn't remember the name of the Nox. He said something that the "people with the bird nest". Maabe he was just tired of asking about them and the Furlings. I know that he is busy and he is involved in many other projects, just somehow I have expected that all the writers are uberfans are like us and they want to hear what the audience wants. Maybe Brad Wright has got a bigger vision about the lore, but I assume it is safe to state that they will never revisit the Nox in future spinoffs.
                  He joined stargate in Season 4 or 5 so it's not too surprising since the Nox weren't that involved after he joined. I imagine he'd know far more about the lore he helped create and develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    As I have seen the interview with Joe Mallozzi it was surprising that he couldn't remember the name of the Nox. He said something that the "people with the bird nest". Maabe he was just tired of asking about them and the Furlings.
                    Any chance you remember where in the interview he said that? I don't have time to sit through a 2 hour video at the moment, but the way you relay what he said sounds like he was using descriptive terminology to poke fun at the Nox. I used to read his blog regularly and he does that sort of thing with elements in Stargate that he thinks of as silly. It's also a well-established way that a lot of people make fun of a lot of different things in science fiction and fantasy. For example, if one brings up Ewoks, you might hear someone respond with something like: "You mean the little Teddy Bears from the third movie?" If you took that sentence literally, you'd think the person legitimately didn't know what they were called, and that could indeed be the case. However, the person can also use the question as a pretext to refer to Ewoks as Teddy Bears for humorous purposes. Which they intend depends on their inflection when delivering the line.

I never got the impression that Joe was much of a Nox fan from his blog. One time someone asked him if the Nox would ever reappear, and he flatly said that there were no plans to do so. Another time, he responded to a question about what happened to the time traveling jumper by writing as the Cookie Monster and saying that it was in a crate in Area 51, along with the Nox.

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.com/2020/09/1...-touch-or-not/
                      "If you reach out, please don’t send me your Stargate ideas. I’m not creating/developing a series. That would be Brad Wright. Also, please don’t send Brad Wright your Stargate ideas (or ask me to get them to Brad). Trust me, he doesn’t need them. He’s got plenty of his own."
                      I believe it was a mistake to invite him now as everybody wanted to hear about the 4th series at the moment what he has got nothing to do with (yet). I mean people were asking direct questions about Furlings too. What shall he say? Oh yeah, they will be there. Then every new site would state it like a fact. He knows what Brad is planning, but he is not allowed to talk about. The same goes with the end of Universe or his Atlantis script. He was still polite and I could see a little confusion a few times what to lie as a clever producer when he doesn't want to reveal new informations.

But I really enjoyed that part when he was talking about his earlier carrier, how he ended up in the writing team. So it should have been stated to not ask about such things what is now allowed to speak or tease. Maybe they will touch more episode or producer related questions in an future DtG interview.

I couldn't fnd the Nox part. I believe it was a fan related question.

He also don't like prequels what I can accept, but you can extend the past events which will have an effect in the incanon series. I mean so many races could have used the Stargate and pay a visit on Earth that the lore could be extended in both timeline direction even if the live-action is placed in the future.
                      Last edited by Platschu; 13 October 2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Just two silly fan fiction idea.

1. What would happen if some SG teams take pictures about different planets with mobile and then those would end up in public? I mean this option was not really available 2 decades ago, but nowadays everybody makes selfies. So would any SG team break the rules? What if that particular mobile is lost or ends up in the news?

2. I always wanted to make a little reference from Eli to the Wormhole X-treme. I know that "fake show" has just started on the tv when he was involved in the events of the Universe. What if the was a fan of it? And since years have pased, maybe it could be part of the plot that more and more Wormhole X-treme fans believe that it was based on a real Stargate program. Maybe it would be revealed in this awkward way as the conspiracy theories would influence the work of the SGC as protestors would march to the base etc.

Comment

For no #1, all forests and nature-based locations look alike so if a member of a new SG team happens to sneak an iPad or an iPhone or an iPod Touch trough the Stargate and if they're careful enough, I guess they could get away with it. Besides, mission selfies/pictures with modern Earth-based technology could actually be useful in solving/resolving science/tech/mythology problems/issues and/or could even provide clues on how to deal with an outbreak or something. I actually see SGC intergrating any touch-based technology into the Stargate program and SG missions very easily since even McKay and Zelenka were often seen running around Atlantis with a tablet. And not just touch-based devices from Apple, but from other compaines as well. The rule would just be for those touch-based devices to never be taken out of the SGC, while SG team members could bring their own personal ones to the SGC and even then take them home with them, but even in that case, I see SGC alllowing/prohibiting certain parts of the base being included/excluded in selfies/pictures.

For no #2, while I think it would be a great plotpoint and would open a bunch of new stories, I'm not really sure how it would work out since SGU took on bigger themes and bigger stakes. Between everything that was happening in-series (and would-be-happenning if SGU went on to last to its planned ending), I just think that intergrating the Wormhole X-treme into the show's storyline would just be too much and would be badly handled AND would affect any currently-running stories in a bad way, especially considering what was going on in the final seasons of SG-1 (+ its movies) and SGA (+ its unmade movie).

Comment

I mean they have mentioned in "200" that the Wornhole X-trene had 10 seasons (like SG-1) in spite of main character chane, so roughly the same amount of time has passed now where this fictional tv show ended. Just it would be fun to play with tv show within a tv show idea as long as it would serve the conspiracy theories (what has also happened with SG-1). Imagine the awkward moment when the goverment would reveal the program then the people would moan that have watched a tv show for 10 years and it was more than suspicious. It wouldn't be a main plot just a little connection to the existing lore.

Comment

Hmmm... I can defenitely imagine the Martin character (if I remember the name correctly) somehow doing an SGA and an SGU version of Wormhole X-treme in-series. So maybe your idea isn't impossible to intergrate into a new spin-off as a plot/sub-plot. However, it'd need to be done very carefully and it'd need to be intergrated into the series' story slowly, part-by-part, most probably as a multi-season episode arc at some point during every or every other season. A plot/sub-plot like that requires careful planning. ,

Like, from the top of my mind... let's say that an old enemy from SGC's past comes back, somehow intergrates themselves into our society and launches a plan in motion to overthrow SGC by using the exact same plots from Wormhole X-treme. Then the SG reports get back to Martin, who writes it back into his show. Somebody with good connections finds out about the SG program and threatens to go public with what they know. To try to cover it up, the goverment, the military and SGC get the show cancelled after 17 seasons (thus mirroring the cancellation of Stargate after the same amount of seasons) with the excuse that the production went bankcrupt, but that effort fails so SGC has no choice but to go public, which opens up a door for a lot of trouble for everyone involved with the program.

Comment

I think i'd like to see something completely new, however, i'd like to see the return of Cassandra Fraiser. I know it's not a popular opinion but if we are going with a new cast with no returning old characters, i think it would be a nice, new way of tying in the old series. Plot wise i have no idea what i'd want for the new series. OH and maybe some more representation of the LGBT+ community! Other than that, i trust brad.

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                                Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                                Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X