Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would a new stargate series be about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate : Homeworld
    - to deal with alien influence on Earth like a Men in Black / Agents of the Shield / Relic Hunter / Librarian / X-files type series with Milky Way related adventures

Stargate : Valhalla
    - to deal with the Asgard legacy in the Ida galaxy (and the Milky Way)

Stargate : Midway
    - to deal with the Wraith civil war and how they spread into other galaxies

Stargate : Odussey
    - to deal with the bold rescue attempt of Destiny

Stargate : Gehenna
    - to deal with the Ori galaxy

Stargate : Area 51
    - to deal with alien artifacts, but technically this can be integrated into Homeworld

Stargate : Titan
    - to deal with Furling related technologies, but this can be also integrated into the Homeworld
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

If there is at least one thing I want to see, it's the events of the ending of the episode '1969' played out as we get to see the world they managed to create from Casandra's POV.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan View Post
        If there is at least one thing I want to see, it's the events of the ending of the episode '1969' played out as we get to see the world they managed to create from Casandra's POV.
        That would indeed be interesting.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Customized avatars? Woohoo!

Comment

So I would do a Reboot of Stargate SG-1. Strike that not a reboot a Continuation.

As It's been a decade (2011) since Stargate went off the air, a lot can happen in that time.

So I would first come up with some major enemy (Maybe the Lucian alliance finally realized that warring with Earth and its Allies was proven dumb and they sued for peace) that would cause the SGC to go back to brass tacts and find new ways to combat this new enemy.

For the newest incarnation of SG-1 I would bring back Neil Denis as Rya’c as I would like something monumental to happen to him for him to join the team that his father severed on for many years. At first he sees it as Revenge for what happened with the Free Jaffa but his time on SG-1 would show him just what being on this time is all about and he would let go of that anger.

For the SGC's CMO, I would also bring back Katie Stuart as Cassandra Fraiser and make her the new Janet and for her to continue her adoptive mother's work. (maybe she can even adopt some of Janet mannerisms too, ).

The only casting I’m having trouble with are the three other members of SG-1 and who would actually be leading The SGC.

Ever since I saw him on fringe and Dawson’s creek I felt like Joshua Jackson had that O’Neill/Sheppard/Mitchell like quality for the leader of SG-1 (Plus JJ's 42 making him five years younger than when RDA was when he first started filming SG-1 as O'Neill).

For the SGC commander role, I would love to see Amanda Tapping return full time to lead the SGC as General Samantha Carter-O'Neill (finally giving fans that long deserved confirmation that yes she and Jack O'Neill are married). If Amanda wouldn't commit to another Full time series, I would still love for her to be a part of it and have the SGC's commander role be a recurring role and she only appear in a handful of episodes as the head of the SGC or get someone who was personally vetted by O’Neill and Landry cause I’m sure both of them are retired for sure and wanted to make sure the SGC was well taken care.

As for the rest of the veterans actors and characters, I would bring them in only as necessary. Also if you can find the right story you gotta bring in ole RDA as Jack O'Neill.

Comment

That's some pretty nice ideas right there, StargateFan8931. Love the idea about Teal'c son being a part of the action. It'd be kind of a reboot but also a continuation. Also, I think it'd be nice to keep the cameos contained to just the SG-1 side. Having SGA and SGU guys appear would just be too much of everything for just 1 series. It's one of the things that SG-1 was good at: not adding too much crap like SGA in its final two seasons, especially in the last one.

Speaking of series sides for cameos, I'd just like to add to your ideas. Besides the SG-1 reboot, I'd set up for another spin-off a bit later (like season 3-ish). A spin off that would combine the most successfull elements of both SGA and SGU (the SGA's humor in combination with SGU's seriousness and character-focused side of things, but with the SGA-type of writing, acting and filming).

I'd have Jinto come back (the kid because of who the guys found/identified the elevator thing in Antlantis) and lead a new Atlantis expedition against a new enemy which does not have a connection to either the Wraith, Asurans, the Genii, etc..

I'd have those brtual alien soldiers show up that Sheppard's team encountered in the Daedalus Variations. They come back and become the main villains in our universe/dimension. I'd have Teyla's son lead an SG team into SG missions which would be a 6-member team, compiled of 2 native Athosians, himself, 1 official representative who's a Pegasus Galaxy-native (but not related to anyone we know) and 2 soliders from the SGC/Atlantis who are more of a Sheppard & McKay/Zelentka kind of guy (maybe their relatives).

I'd bring back Elizabeth Wier as a recurring character who would act as a consultant for the new Atlantis expedition. She would now possess Ancinet knowledge within herself due to McKay/Carter (quick cameo by both in flashback) having to give her a more advanced human body so the knowledge she had as a Replicator would not be lost. However, she would eventually get someone to fill in for her so she would basically be turned into a mentor-type of character who only shows up if needed in order to transfer focus onto the new faces. This would also enable for opening doors to tell the SGU's side of storyline and kind of mix the two series' storylines together: Using the newly-found seed ships to uncover new technologies, scinence knoweldge and mythology which would enable for bring Atlantis back to its former glory, as well as finding en easier way to dial the 9th chevron and the SGC being finally able manifacture backup Gates for both SGC and Atlantis (which would be used for anything BUT as a backup Gate - yet another really important factor down the road).

I'd also have the Midway station between Milky Way and Pegasus re-established, but this time, equiped with more advanced security and manpower. Expand the Midway project to the 9th chevron thing and have SGC find ways to bypass the use of Destiny by building a series of Midway stations for as wide range of Galaxies along Destiny's path as possible. Just 1 or 2 cameos by some SGU guys (maybe Rush & Eli) just for that reason whenever needed.

During one of their missions in a Galaxy along Destiny's path, SGC's newly-found allies (who are completely new characters) encounter with a yet another race of humans who are special spicies and who can only live in Galaxies and on planets that contain special properties. One group of those poeple can't even be close to someone who's using any of the Ancient tech or someone who's been raound someone who's been using any of it, which makes it really hard to maintain close contact. Eventually, that group turns against the new allies and evnetually unites forces with the brutal alien soldiers, leaving both Jinto and Teyla's son to lead a battle to not one, but at least TWO frotns, while Sam has to deal with her own problems back at the SGC.

In general, I'm just putting my own ideas here, but they are based on veteran characters only showing up when trully needed and not just for fanservice or to even focus new storylines around them. After a decade, the Earth could have found a way to do a lot of stuff and expand/develop its Stargate knowledge way further than ever presented in any of the three shows, which would be a good plot point for future new storylines.
              Last edited by Mnikolic; 12 February 2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I would actually love to see an android character be introduced to be on an SG team. Kind of like a mix of Data from Star Trek and ANDY from Eureka. There will of course be opposition to 'him' due to the sour history they have with mechanical lifeforms. But over time 'he' earns there trust. If/when 'he' gets destroyed, the team are distraught over his death.

Comment

I always wanted to hear more biology related issues in Stargate. Maybe one of the new hero should be a professional on this science field. Has the Ancients / Nox / Asgard / Furlings brought any animals and plants to other planet from earth? When? How did the local food chain develope and settle around the stargate? Are there herbivores and carnivores? Have they adapted to the local planet (seasons, rotation speed, sun type, athmosphere climate). How have the Ancients created life? Were there "original" lifeforms on planets or have the seeding ships skipped those planets to avoid contamination? Have the Ancients preferred the pine trees? Were planets transformed artifically? Did they use time accelaration? Were there any attempts to rescue animals from other eras of Earth? Can we meet for example giant mammals from the Ice Age or even dinosaurs from previos eras if the Ancients were active for millions of years ago? What was the Nox reaction to this rapid evolution and extinction? etc. So many stories could be told just about evolution...

They could make a classification of planets :
                  - uninhabitable planets
                  - planets without stargate with local alien flora and fauna (isolated worlds)
                  - planets with stargate with local alien flora and fauna (non isolated worlds)
                  - planets with stargate with local alien flora and fauna (isolated worlds - like the Nox hided them in transphase)
                  - planets with stargate with Earth based flora and faun (terraformed worlds)
                  - planets with stargate with mixed alien and Earth nased flora and worlds (competitive hostile worlds)
                  - planets with stargate with mixed alien and Earth nased flora and worlds (competitive adapted worlds)

etc.

Then even they could play with such things
                  - whether the Earth base flora and fauna are from which era of Earth
                  - whether there are artifically engineered races
                  - whether the two different evolutionary way create a new common third one (like alien animal adapt to the Earth based plants or the other way)
                  - were there life supporting energy shields or domes around the stargate and how they expanded them to the whole planets etc.

Such little things could explain why the pine trees were the dominant forests on most of the planets. If they could introduce new gate systems in new galaxies in future spinoffs then we could even separete these storylines. I really would like to see some alien landacapes as there are so many interesting form of plants or rocks on Earth : succulents, coralls, mushrooms or even chyrstals. They could create such visually stunning things as the technology reached this level. A standing picture won't be enough for the next generation, so I really would like to see more convincing storytelling and lore expansion how the stargates influenced the sprearing of life.

I mean SG-1 was dealing with mythology based races, Atlantis was mainly focused on technology, the Universe was about exploration and character drama. A new spinoff should have at least 4-6 new main characters. So if one of them could get this science field then his or her storylines could be focused on it. I am a pharmacist, but I am interested in history, geography, nature, genetics, evolution, adaptation etc. I have so much spinoff and story ideas, but I am not a writer so that is theirs job to find out something new and original. I strongly believe that one of the future spinoff should return to the basic gate related scenarios and this is the reason you can expnd the lore even via biology related storylines.

There are so many extremely rare and unique lifeform on Earth which could be used in a scifi show. I don't expect a David Attenborough type documentaries, but I was thinking they could make an interactive, slightly educational Stargate spinoff where they would place some links at the end of the episode guidelines (like what science subjects or animals or plants were used etc.). It would create a new and original way of learning.

Just have a look at these... Wow. So even these will be enough a new galaxy where the succulents would be dominant :
                  http://www.successlifelounge.com/108...-alien-planet/

Or there could be some planets or an even an other galaxy where the fungal species are dominant :
                  https://www.thephotoargus.com/weird-...ungi-pictures/

Or there could be underwater coral worlds with stargates or shiny chrystals etc. Only the imagination is normally the limit, but thes are even existing animals and plants. So imagine what if the WWF could sponsor the next Stargate instead of the Air Force.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                  X