Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fandom Menace-useful idiots or just useless?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fandom Menace-useful idiots or just useless?

As you can tell from my title, I don't have good thoughts about this group of youtubers

yes I know, just ignore them and they'll go away..but they are not

seems everytime some new show or movie is announced and even before there is any trailer out, we get a myriad of doom and gloom "this will definitely suck so bad" videos from this lot

users like DOOMCOCK, NERDROTIC and their irksome companions just seem to be like those kids you knew when you were young; never directly engaging in anything positive in class.Never helping a kid who was behind or volunteering to help the teacher.

Instead they just sat in the corner constantly sniping at everyone. Offering unsolicited opinions on everything.

to me they are just like those kids

now, if they just critiqued shows that already came out, that would be fine, but they hammer stuff that hasn't even come out yet, trying desperately to convince people to not even give the new show or film a chance.

almost like they are people who have been fired from the industry...hmmmm?

A few shows/films they have been incessant on-ST-PICARD, the new season of ST-DISCOVERY and Episode 9 of SW's

they also tried to pre-bury THE MANDALORIAN, evidently just because it was gong to be on DISNEY+. But now that is out, and it is good, they backtrack and try to make it sound like they were always going to give it a chance

and, with MANDALORIAN it is obvious they don't really pay attention to the show.

finally, how can they be for the fans, when on their livestreams, they only answer the questions of people who pay? doing the same thing-making money-they criticize the studios for.

thoughts?

Solution is simple. Don't watch their videos.

yes I know, just ignore them and they'll go away..but they are not
    You may not like their views. Other people might share their opinions and like watching their stuff.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they should be silenced. Despite the continual attacks upon the principle in this country, Freedom of speech means just that, and it also applies to views that you do not like.

Comment

While I don't agree with everything they say like I think their hate for the new charlies angels film was uncalled for I do agree with many of the things they say.

Disney really did ruin star wars IMO I have nothing against people that like the new films but it is quite clear they did not plan out the trilogy well and the way they treated lukes character was terrible.

Same goes for the new Terminator film. I get that they were trying to go with something new but instead they just got ideas from the 3rd, 4th and 5th films and put them altogether and killed off the main character.

"they also tried to pre-bury THE MANDALORIAN, evidently just because it was gong to be on DISNEY+. But now that is out, and it is good, they backtrack and try to make it sound like they were always going to give it a chance"

That's false I've watched a lot of videos before the mandalorian came out where they were praising the trailer and saying disney might actually do something good for once.

"finally, how can they be for the fans, when on their livestreams, they only answer the questions of people who pay? doing the same thing-making money-they criticize the studios for."

A lot of streamers do that particularly ones with large followings since it's hard to response to every single comment so having it pay for a response makes sense.

Like I said I don't agree with everything they say and yes they sometimes act immature but it doesn't mean their opinions are wrong because they are just that opinions. Everyone has a right to an opinion if you don't like someone opinion then just ignore them.

I don't watch every video of theirs I have much better things to do but I agree with a lot of what they say when it comes to star wars and this sjw nonsense hollywood has been pushing but in all fairness hollywood has always pushed sjw nonsense so that is nothing new

also you talk about them as if they are a single entity which isn't correct. They are just a group of people. Many of who don't all share the same opinions. They mainly came together because of their dislike for the new star wars trilogy.

There have even been famous directors come out and say they would never direct a star wars film simply because they are too afraid they would be fired half way because in nearly all of the new star wars films a director was fired and reshoots happened.

Jeremy for example if you watch his videos before the last jedi came out he was full supportive of disney and was excited check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IE6UguOlhg so to say they are always negative before something comes out is a lie. Watch this and then watch his videos after the last jedi came out and what you see is someone that had his childhood crushed by poor planning by disney
      Last edited by tomaso88; 08 December 2019, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Actually before the Mandalorian came out, a lot of them said they were hopeful with the nigh universal opinion of 'man, what we've seen of The Mandalorian is so good it makes The Last Jedi and Disney SW look worse'. Their videos are still up. Most of them were very positive and hopeful of The Last Jedi from the trailers. Their attitudes only turned negative to SW after TLJ. And quite frankly, a lot of ppl agree with their opinions. Perhaps not all of them but their general opinions and feelings. Their less the ppl in class that nitpick all the other students and more the students who always have to talk about the latest gossip they heard.

In terms of only responding to paying fans, considering the payers are paying and giving something, it makes sense giving them more attention. Especially if they have a lot of popularity. A lot of youtubers and streamers do this. Let's players do this all the time. It's so that those who give money feel like they're getting more for their donation and a way to filter through the countless comments that will flood their inbox. And it's not the same thing they criticize studios for. They criticize studios for milking and pandering.

I don't agree with everything they say. Luke Skywalker being a emo despondent was my favorite scene in TLJ though it quickly crashed and burned when they not only did nothing with it but the reasons for it turned out to be silly. I don't have much of a problem with "They fly now" it's possible the First Order never used rocket troopers (Though, according to Thor Skyalker, they do and Po has already seen them so that would make the scene rather stupid). But I agree with a lot of what they say and evidently so do a lot of ppl.

And I don't see why a handful of youtubers get to be called the Fandom Menace. They wouldn't be able to rally a fandom to do anything unless said fandom already agreed with what was already said. They wouldn't be able to convince any significant number of people to not watch Rise of Skywalker unless a large number of them already dislike the current SW and do so either out of lack of interest or to protest the direction.

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

who?

Comment

Working...
          X