Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic: The Gathering

Hi!

I was wondering what kinds of decks other people play and suggestions for cards to put in a deck. And what formats people play.

I personally play Blue/Black Commander with focus on Eldrazi and Artifacts, half because my commander is Silas Renn and half because it just makes my deck awful to play against. Recently I added It That Betrays, Void Winnower, Eldrazi Conscription, and Strionic Resonator.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-1...?cb=1575076340

I haven't played M:TG since the Kamigawa days, I Swapped to V:TES soon after that block, So I missed the whole planeswalker and so on stuff since then. Perhaps for old farts like me it would be helpful to link descriptions of the cards in question?
    My older brother still plays, somewhat competitively and I gave him pretty much my whole collection when I made the switch (some 4 5000 count boxes)
    Back in the day however, I favoured pure white decks, black/white and White/red. I DID have a ton of fun with Mirrodin and Artefact only decks as well.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It That Betrays is an 11/11 creature causes a player to sacrifice two permanents when it attacks, but it also has the effect of causing you to gain those permanents and any sacrificed permanents.

Void Winnower is an 11/9 creature causes opponents cards with an even cost to be unplayable.

Eldrazi Conscription is an enchantment that gives +10/+10, the effect of causing a player to sacrifice two permanents, and trample to the enchanted creature.

And Strionic Resonator is an artifact that allows you to copy a triggered ability and put it on a new target. Triggered abilities are any ability that use when, whenever, or at.

Which means I could do something like attaching attach Eldrazi Conscription to It That Betrays making it 21/21 and unblockable because of trample and able possibly cause 4 permanents to be sacrificed, and then use Strionic Resonator to copy that ability. Which means if I have those cards on the field I could be gaining up 6 cards from other players per turn.

Comment

What on EARTH is the Mana cost on those things??
        IIRC, Trample does not make you unblockable, just lets the damage bleed through to your opponent.
        sigpic

Comment

It That Betrays has a cost of 12.

Void Winnower has a cost of 9

Eldrazi Conscription has a cost of 8

And Strionic Resonator has a cost of 2.

They're all colorless though so it's not too bad. It makes my deck slow to play but gives me time to plan my board.

Comment

Too expensive, they are a mana sink trap, unless you have mana accelerators. one dispel from a blue deck will shatter your game plan.

If you want to play in a tournament, slow play is your worst enemy.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't have any mana specific but I do have plenty of cards that let me flick through my deck and grab whatever or draw more than one card. I also have cards that let me untap land.

Comment

Unless you have a way to play more land, or mana creating artifacts (I'm seriously outside the loop here) spells that cost that much are a trick. The game is over by turn 10-15 and YES you can drop a massive beast and turn it around, but it is based on pure luck to do it. One of each in a deck and the game happens to go on that long?
                Go for it brother, dropping a 21/21 trampler on someone's face is fantasticly fun, much like a neverending wave of 1/1 Myr's.
                But they don't win tournaments.
                sigpic

Comment

Dude, post in the main section so you get of probie status.
                  sigpic

Comment

General scifi and fantasy?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath_E View Post
                      General scifi and fantasy?
                      ANYTHING not in the off topic chatter section.
                      The delays while the posts get vetted will do your head in, and posts down here don't count.
                      It would just be nice to have a conversation that doesn't take days to deal with
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X