Stargate Superdrive - Tweet Storms - December 6th & January 25/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I also didn't want to tag people because it has felt pathetic to beg for attention and it must be also annoying for the other person too when they are being tagged nonstoply by fans.
    I'm not in the habit of tagging people, unless it's for a birthday wish.

I even take out a gazillion names out of replies to tweets when I feel they have no part in the further conversation.

Sometimes I feel that fans still don't understand that Stargate is just a job for actors and they are not necessarily fans of their own work. I mean they are happy to earn money with signatures and photos and spend some time with fans, but the audience sees mostly their portrayed character and not the personal level. And this twitter is more about this personal space and somehow it has felt a bit too pushy to involve them into fan interactions. Maybe I have overworried or overthought this.
    You'd be surprised.

Yeah, they tweet personal stuff too (David Blue has some hilarious observations about his daily life). They all have public profiles so it's kinda a given that interaction on all levels happens -- Michael Shanks is particularly good at replying to trolls. Always a hoot.

Some of them spend more time on Instagram than on twitter (or crosspost from Insta to twitter).

And they also tweet about new projects (like Claire daily turning up on Instagram talking about the "Dear Evan Hansen" tour in the USA -- or informing her adoring fans she knitted a scarve. ).

This twitter format is not really good for any deep covnersation anyway, so if somebody wants to know me then email or FaceBook or telephone. etc.
    It's not meant for deep conversation... 240 characters can only take you so far.

Will we have a next twitter storm in the near future? It should be a quarterly feature.
    Not gonna participate again... Don't feel like they actually send enough ripples that they have an actual impact.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks. The twitter buzz seemed to be gone now.

Probably the library of MGM will be sold anyway. I am wondering if it happens before the SG RPG is published, because then maybe it will be cancelled by the new owner.

I was also thinking whether an SG-1 stand-alone movie would work in movie theatre. If they could make it from a 10-15-20 million dollars, maybe they could earn it back via the worldwide market. But I am just dreaming as this option has gone long time ago. Just it would be nice to see if a relatively small budgeted movie could run well if it could be supported by a nice marketing campaign. Fantasy island was just recently made from 7 million and they are already on 12.5 million income. Nice. Imagine what could have happened if a Stargate movie could have earned back the money for future other SG projects.

I hope Netflix will be the winner and maybe we could have such SG scifi experiments on their channel if not necessarily in the movie theatres. They were spending a horrible amount of money on their own movies, so maybe Stargate could get the right treatment on that platform.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The twitter buzz seemed to be gone now.
        It most certainly is.... swallowed by the darkness of the forgotten corners.

Probably the library of MGM will be sold anyway. I am wondering if it happens before the SG RPG is published, because then maybe it will be cancelled by the new owner.
        Actually, Wyvern Gaming has use of the license until it runs out, and MGM has to approve renewal (same as with American Mythology who didn't hear back after theirs ran out).

I was also thinking whether an SG-1 stand-alone movie would work in movie theatre.
        Not in a million years... small scale maybe but not worldwide.

I think Serenity (Firefly) is a good example of that. It barely broke even at the box office when its lifetime in theater ended.
        Budget of Serenity was 39 million dollar.

Despite high anticipation, Serenity performed poorly at the box office. Although several pundits predicted a #1 opening, the film opened at #2 in the United States, taking in $10.1 million on its first weekend, spending two weeks in the top ten, and closed on November 17, 2005 with a domestic box office gross of $25.5 million.

Serenity's international box office results were mixed, with strong openings in the UK, Portugal and Russia, but poor results in Spain, Australia, France and Italy. United International Pictures canceled the film's theatrical release in at least seven countries, planning to release it directly to DVD instead. The box office income outside the United States was $13.3 million, with a worldwide total of $38.9 million.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
        X