No announcement yet.

Stargate Superdrive - Tweet Storms - December 6th & January 25/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, we have talked about it a few times that evolution doesn't happen necessarily the same way and they will look like exactly the same. It was just a cheap option why the Ancients can be played by humans. It could be still explained
    1. one of the human group have moved back in time and they became the Ancients
    2. one of the Ancient group have moved forward in time
    I am just a pharmacist, so I am not a DNA expert, but we have talked somewhere that if the ATA gene is completly random genetic skill, then how it is good for the Ancients? What is the use of ATA genes if not every Ancient can use it in emergency cases? And if it is inherited like a recessive gene amongst Ancients, then most of the population should carry it in the Pegasus galaxy. They have never bothered to explain how the humans showed up in the Pegasus galaxy. Are they all ex-Ancients? Or have they brought people there from the Milky Way? Or have they genetically degrading like the Asgard in time? I know the writers are not biochemists, but they have walked into this trap in the lore. I like technoblablabla, but I love believable technoblablabla.

The Furlings would have been in the Stargate : Worlds game as a race called "Straegis" which was conquered by Ra. There are some concept art and they look like combination of elementals / chrystal beings / angels wing.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...3/Straegis.jpg

I would like to see more biology related themes in a future spinoff. Maybe the whole stargate syste, was a test of evolution as every planet is a potential test lab for the Ancients. You know planet size, sun-planet distance, sun type, sun lifecycle, local planet rotating time, seasons, environment etc. Everything can influence the evolution. And if they can dial each other it can go in both ways, so it can be a complete catastrophy or something really positive. Such environment related subplots could be a new focus of Stargate next to history, adventure and obviously action.
    Last edited by Platschu; 27 January 2020, 02:55 AM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Ye, we have talked about it a few times that evolution doesn't happen necessarily the same way. It was just a cheap option why the Ancients can be played by humans. It could be still explained
      1. one of the human group have moved back in time and they became the Ancients
      2. one of the Ancient group have moved forward in time
      I am just a pharmacist, so I am not a DNA expert, but we have talked somewhere that if the ATA gene is completly random genetic skill, then how it is good for the Ancients? What is the use of ATA genes if an Ancient can not use it in emergency cases? And it is is inherited like a recessive gene, then most of the population should carry it in the Pegasus galaxy. They have never bothered to explain how the humans showed up in the Pegasus galaxy. Are they all ex-Ancients? Or have they brought people there from the Milky Way? Or have they genetically degrading like the Asgard in time? I know the writers are not biochemists, but they have walked into this trap in the lore. I like technoblablabla, but I love believable technoblablabla.

The Furlings would have been in the Stargate : Worlds game as a race called "Straegis" which was conquered by Ra. There are some concept art and they look like combination of elementals / chrystal beings / angels.
      Number one is my head canon and in fact I'm working on a fanfiction that has that premises That a group of humans from Earth goes back in time +50 millions of years and and across the universe.
      And became the Alterans and the Ori later. The main problem I'm struggling with is how can they forget that they are time travelling humans and thinks that they have evolved on Celestis.

Speaking of the European Stargate Twitter storm this news is related I think. https://comicbook.com/movies/2020/01...treaming-wars/

Comment

Just they used a similar plot in Babylon 5 and in Stargate : Universe too. And since the Ancients have come from an other galaxy, then the future advanced humans (proto-Ancients in the past) must have ended up there.

Thanks for the link.
        Netflix set to spend upwards of $17.3 billion on original content this year alone
        Ehhem... Ehhem.... I hope they will win at the end.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well, looks like Apple has a contender...

Apple has the best papers money-wise though. They could outbid Netflix tenfold.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just they used a similar plot in Babylon 5 and in Stargate : Universe too. And since the Ancients have come from an other galaxy, then the future advanced humans (proto-Ancients in the past) must have ended up there.
            Yes that also is a problem I'm trying to "solve" before I begin to write and another is how is proto-Latin their language.

Thanks for the link.
            Ehhem... Ehhem.... I hope they will win at the end.
            Out of these two I hope that Apple wins because if Netflix wins. We are probably only going to get 2-3 seasons of Stargate at most.
            Assuming of course that they will do a new Stargate series. https://www.businessinsider.com/netf...19-4?r=US&IR=T

Comment

Yeah, we have talked about it in the other threads. Most of us would be happy with a tiny little 90 minutes long new SG tv movie in the current situation.

Twitter storm has come and gone. I don't know, somehow I have expected a bigger buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
                Out of these two I hope that Apple wins because if Netflix wins. We are probably only going to get 2-3 seasons of Stargate at most.
                Assuming of course that they will do a new Stargate series. https://www.businessinsider.com/netf...19-4?r=US&IR=T
                Then it would be back to illegal downloading for me... Netflix would be legal viewing, anything else, not so much.

Comment

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...to-star-in-it/

I wouldn't mind to see him as part of a new team, but since MGM is being sold / acquired / rented the chances are slim as he stated it as well.

Comment

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...to-star-in-it/

I wouldn't mind to see him as part of a new team, but since MGM is being sold / acquired / rented the chances are slim as he stated it as well.
                    I want Jonas back! I may be a bit biased because my first name is Jonas

Comment

Jonas and Corin always got short-changed IMHO. Would have liked to have seen more of his advanced human nature and how that would have panned out.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

We have just talked about Jonas in the other thread that I believe he should have been moved to Atlantis instead of starting "Ford".

And as far as I know Corin Nemec would have showed up in
                        Spoiler:
                        the second season of Universe too.
                        Spoiler:
                        Maybe I a remember wrong but he was meant to be in the cross-over episode where they have gone to Langara (Kelowna). I am guessing the role of the president was written for him, but then he was left out and the role was recasted.

Comment

Corin is a brilliant guy. Met him twice already and he's bloody amazing.
                          Would love to see him in something new for stargate or anything else really.

Comment

Lots of actors and staff members would be happy to have a fix well paid job for a few years, so I can't blame him or JM.

Off. This twitter thing is still weird for me. So many people just shares gif files or nice screenshots about actors, but there is hardly any original ideas. They are just copying every move of the actors who must love the attention. Maybe I have misunderstood the concept of this platform or I am not connected to enough people, so it is not really for me. I don't really want to share my personal life and my thoughts about anything there, so I have tried to keep my profile clearly only Stargate related, but it looks like it was too boring for others. The only good point is that the picture size is not reduced on Twitter, so I could find a few really nice Stargate related photos.

Comment

Off. This twitter thing is still weird for me. So many people just shares gif files or nice screenshots about actors, but there is hardly any original ideas. They are just copying every move of the actors who must love the attention. Maybe I have misunderstood the concept of this platform or I am not connected to enough people, so it is not really for me. I don't really want to share my personal life and my thoughts about anything there, so I have tried to keep my profile clearly only Stargate related, but it looks like it was too boring for others. The only good point is that the picture size is not reduced on Twitter, so I could find a few really nice Stargate related photos.
                              I can't play gifs or videos on my phone -- think I need to buy me a new one (which I shall some day when I remember that I also have to buy a new laptop) -- so those are completely lost on me.

However, with no new material... it'll just feel rehashed. Nothing to do about that.

Gifs are really popular though. The official Doctor Who accounts even create gifs after each new episode and freely spread them around.

You don't have to tweet personal things if you don't want to. There are plenty accounts which only tweet about things they love, some accounts are entirely themed like many Stargate-themed ones, Doctor Who ones, actor or character ones, like "Daily Ben Browder pics", or "Daily Jenna Coleman"...

And of course, then there are many who follow the cast and tweet and retweet their tweets.
                              And sometimes when they interact with your tweets by liking or responding, their coolness factor rises a few levels (I mean, Rachel Luttrell, Claire Rankin and David Blue are really cool peeps -- ).

Comment

Good to know. Maybe I am just simply boooooring. I also didn't want to tag people because it has felt pathetic to beg for attention and it must be also annoying for the other person too when they are being tagged nonstoply by fans.

Sometimes I feel that fans still don't understand that Stargate is just a job for actors and they are not necessarily fans of their own work. I mean they are happy to earn money with signatures and photos and spend some time with fans, but the audience sees mostly their portrayed character and not the personal level. And this twitter is more about this personal space and somehow it has felt a bit too pushy to involve them into fan interactions. Maybe I have overworried or overthought this.

This twitter format is not really good for any deep covnersation anyway, so if somebody wants to know me then email or FaceBook or telephone. etc.

Will we have a next twitter storm in the near future? It should be a quarterly feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X