Stargate Superdrive - Tweet Storms - December 6th & January 25/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Superdrive - Tweet Storms - December 6th & January 25/26

At the risk of the thread immediately turning into a slagfest towards MGM, I thought I'd still share it anyway. Joe Mallozzi is organizing another tweet storm for the 6th of December.

https://josephmallozzi.com/2019/11/2...te-a-new-hope/
    https://josephmallozzi.com/2019/11/2...rm-has-a-date/

Timezone details via Stargate Now: https://twitter.com/StargateNow/stat...683969/photo/1
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

At 3am in the morning, I doubt many Europeans will be awake for this one.

I certainly won't bother. I have class in the morning (yes, on Saturday), and last time the globe lit up twice like a christmas tree and nada... so good luck to those who are crazy enough to get up for this, or stay awake. I hope it's worth it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can represent Europe. 3 am is not that bad. I am just worried this "storm" will be more like soft rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
        I can represent Europe. 3 am is not that bad. I am just worried this "storm" will be more like soft rain.
        I have class on Saturday morning so 3am is not ideal.
        And I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one for whom such time is rather inconvenient.

Though... I do think, you're correct on the "soft rain" ... but even that can get you soaked to the bone, I guess.

Comment

The plan was to have a second Tweetstorm for Europeans, like last time, because of that. But I say was, because it seems there isn't a whole lot of interest for that. I'm not entirely interested either, until there is some concrete evidence that something is happening, or something will happen. But there's one thing I'm going to share before the Tweetstorm begins. I tweeted it before, but I suck at it so I probably mistagged things so no one read it. But it's also me being idealistic and hopeful, so it's probably stupid anyway. I'm going to to do it regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
            The plan was to have a second Tweetstorm for Europeans, like last time, because of that. But I say was, because it seems there isn't a whole lot of interest for that.
            I personally think the "we're working on it" may have send a lot of people in a different direction.

Comment

Ooos. I haven't seen this thread. Honestly it should have been organised on Saturday at 1pm, so Europe could participitate at 6-7pm while the West Coast can join it at 9am.

And maybe it should be a monthly feature, so maybe the right MGM people will notice the storm if it could be a frequent event.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I would opt for something more physical, right about now, send in something that is harder to ignore even if it gets lost inside the mail order system of MGM.

Comment

Good idea. I would suggest Goa'uld symbiotes, so the world domination... khmmm... :ehhem: world distribution could start in any minute.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I was thinking letters but symbiotes can work too.

Comment

Alright, so this thread has probably already been created already and I just can’t find it, but I wanted to post just in case. Per Joseph Mallozzi’s blog there is going to be a “tweetstorm” to support and hopefully gain attention to the Stargate franchise through platforms such as Amazon, Netflix, DisneyPlus, etc. I don’t know too many details on it, but I’d be happy to get some Stargate back so I’m creating a twitter account just for that reason. The “tweetstorm” is set for Friday, December 6th at 9pm. Again, apologies if this thread has already been created.

Link to his blog-https://josephmallozzi.com/2019/12/02/4-days-to-our-stargate-tweetstorm/

Link to his twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/BaronDestructo/status/1202294829646057474
                      Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                        Alright, so this thread has probably already been created already and I just can’t find it, but I wanted to post just in case.
                        It has indeed been posted in the General section of the forum. Elite Anubis Guard made a thread there: Stargate Superdrive

I made a report about merging the two threads, but perhaps the general one should be merged here, instead of the other way around. I think it does indeed go better in the News-section.

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                        Per Joseph Mallozzi’s blog there is going to be a “tweetstorm” to support and hopefully gain attention to the Stargate franchise through platforms such as Amazon, Netflix, DisneyPlus, etc. I don’t know too many details on it, but I’d be happy to get some Stargate back so I’m creating a twitter account just for that reason. The “tweetstorm” is set for Friday, December 6th at 9pm. Again, apologies if this thread has already been created.
                        That's 9pm USA-time, for the record. That's the middle of the night for most of Europe.

And considering the recent animosity towards the Europeans who dared to make a note about the unfortunate timing, I don't think many are still going to be willing to stay awake until 2-3-4am in the morning, or get up to tweet.

I certainly am going to mute most stargate related hashtags over the weekend. I'm away at a friend's house anyway so probably going social media dark the next couple of days.

With regards to the platforms, ... apart from Netflix (albeit their libraries vary from country to country), most streaming services severely limit the audience able to watch any new show that might or might not happen. It would simply be a StargateCommand 2.0.

I think, for me, at least this tweetstorm has a quid-pro-quo:

If you (general) want me to feel passionate about getting stargate back, but you (again general) do not care that I could potentially not have access to it, than I am not going to be used for your (general) convenience, if you (still general) are not willing to do the same for me.

That's a road which goes both ways obviously, but it's the principal of the thing. You can blame Stargate Command and MGM for that.

Comment

What time is all this happening in Australia time, & Western Australia time in particular?
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

^Oops

That’s rough about the 3am time, it’s too bad they couldn’t find a time for everyone. And ahhh I see, well it was nice to be hopeful for a short period of time anyway It would be nice to get some of the actors involved, but that’s definitely a long shot.
                            Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

9pm Friday in Washington DC is 10am Saturday here in Western Australia, so might be able to make it.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                              X