Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: Stargate Superdrive - Tweet Storm - December 6th

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    It was fun while it was running, but then the next day, the clown running the @StargateNow account felt the need to hop on Twitter and snidely berate people who tweeted 'wrong.' Really turned something fun into a sour taste in the mouth.

The tweets have since been deleted, but they were enough. I'd love new Stargate on TV, but as long as that a-hole is leading the charge to try to publicize that desire, I will not be participating in any further initiatives.
    The "team" may have deleted several posts, but here's the one about the 9 -- yes NINE -- people who (accidently) started tweeting the hashtag minutes too early.

I, especially, liked how this reply says it all (and I had a different one in mind that would have been less "polite"):

"Could this kind of analysis not have waited until the run up to the next event/tweet storm? Now is the time for thanking people for participating not alienating people by telling them off. I understand certain things upset the algorithm but you can't change that."
    By @nendimagination

Add to that the wonderful hole they have been digging themselves into talking about how "...only France trended..." last time they did a tweetstorm which included most of Europe, and basically told the Europeans that we're simply not good enough cause we can't make it trend. They only care about "winning" the trend. Should see their numbers posts...

Maybe it should be pointed out to them that North-America is responsible for the cancellation of Stargate Universe.

I have to say after Tom going off his rockers and now this -- hell no, I'm giving them a third chance to make up for their entitled bullcrap. They've been acting hostile before the storm and they apparently continue to do so after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    It was nice to see such concept art from JM, what I haven't seen before. They should release them in a book version.
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I have no idea who's running the account, but they really showed their true colours after the "tweet storm," and it's not someone I'm interested in associating with ever again.
    It's run by few different people as a team.

Anywho... I've been eyeing their behavior in the last couple of days, like I said above, and they have made a very disrespectful impression towards fans that are not favorable to the cause. Hate to break it to them, but it's not us who have to keep a potential new show alive, and I have no qualms pointing that out to them next time I come across to their whinings.

Not gonna block them, but not gonna follow again either.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Oh I see. Thanks for the extra infos as I couldn't really follow what is going on. I am guessing this Stargate Now must be connected some producers / SG:C leadership so they feel encouraged to act like moderators.

I'm sorry to hear of some poor attitude from the guy running Stargate_Now. Obviously it's understandable to want everyone to be doing it "right" so it counts towards the goal, but as with everything you've got to deal with it in a mature and reasonable manner. Sorry to hear he didn't do that and has tarnished the efforts.

Unfortunately I didn't get involved due to the timezone issues, but I'm glad it has done so well and got the Deadline mention. Again, we're waiting for MGM to make the next move.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Oh I see. Thanks for the extra infos as I couldn't really follow what is going on. I am guessing this Stargate Now must be connected some producers / SG:C leadership so they feel encouraged to act like moderators.
    Not directly but they do have the Mallozzi blessings...

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Again, we're waiting for MGM to make the next move.
    As I didn't see a single post, mention or anything else from @StargateCommand, I doubt MGM's gonna be acknowledging the storm.

I'm rather inclined to say that if North-America doesn't get an acknowledgement, it's pointless to do a second one in January with the audience that is mostly just along for the ride.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Thousand of fans were tweeting, but less than a dozent fans have bothered to show up here on GateWorld. I believe it is a bit sad that this forum is so abadonned.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Thousand of fans were tweeting, but less than a dozent fans have bothered to show up here on GateWorld. I believe it is a bit sad that this forum is so abadonned.
    Just remember, GW is not the only home for Stargate, and barely a fraction of them use forums.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

There's a fairly large community on Tumblr (which as an application confuses me greatly).

Then again, there were even less people talking on Stargate Command.

Besides, tweetstorm has passed and the stargate hashtags have disappeared again too.
    It should be better to keep momentum but apparently that's not a thing.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; December 10th, 2019 at 08:03 AM.

I still remember the buzz at the Stargate : Origins announcement as we have been so naive and hopeful. It has reminded me to the golden era of GateWorld when was a nice active life here. But I understand that if the franchise is well after its own lifecycle, then the fans will move on as well. Maybe everybody has changed. That is the reason I believe this twittersterm feels like a little glimpse of the fading glory of the Stargate, but then it has gone almost completly dead again.

There is nothing new to talk about and as far as episodes go, we can go round in circles with those until the cows come home.

Besides, many probably don't know Gateworld exists.
    Or have no desire to post lengthy thoughts on a forum.