Stargate Superdrive - Tweet Storms - December 6th & January 25/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    Thousand of fans were tweeting, but less than a dozent fans have bothered to show up here on GateWorld. I believe it is a bit sad that this forum is so abadonned.
    Just remember, GW is not the only home for Stargate, and barely a fraction of them use forums.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Thousand of fans were tweeting, but less than a dozent fans have bothered to show up here on GateWorld. I believe it is a bit sad that this forum is so abadonned.
      There's a fairly large community on Tumblr (which as an application confuses me greatly).

Then again, there were even less people talking on Stargate Command.

Besides, tweetstorm has passed and the stargate hashtags have disappeared again too.
      It should be better to keep momentum but apparently that's not a thing.
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 10 December 2019, 07:03 AM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I still remember the buzz at the Stargate : Origins announcement as we have been so naive and hopeful. It has reminded me to the golden era of GateWorld when was a nice active life here. But I understand that if the franchise is well after its own lifecycle, then the fans will move on as well. Maybe everybody has changed. That is the reason I believe this twittersterm feels like a little glimpse of the fading glory of the Stargate, but then it has gone almost completly dead again.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

There is nothing new to talk about and as far as episodes go, we can go round in circles with those until the cows come home.

Besides, many probably don't know Gateworld exists.
          Or have no desire to post lengthy thoughts on a forum.

Comment

It should be noted that, much like last time, neither MGM or Stargate Command have acknowledged the superdrive.

This is certainly not going to work well when they want to do a repeat in January or so more in favor of European timezones.

Comment

Yay. I have registered myself and I have sent my first few tweets on Twitter as @Platschu. I won't lie about it, but I don't really understand the mechanism and all the functions of this platform, so probably it won't be my favorite, but we will see. It was good to see how many people are still buzzing about Stargate.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It was a surprise to catch you...

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Comment

I am a complete newbie on tha platform, so forgive me if I don't ptos too many overexciting things as most of the people have posted nice collages. I have tried to share a few pieces of my own Stargate "art". I find the Twitter functions a but confusing as t behaves differently on PC or on mobile or on tablet. The PC version is more clea what is going on who has liked or retweeted or responded. There is no edit button. I can't see what other people commented. So far it is still confusing and the FB feels muh better. The only really good thing is that it doesn't scale down the picture quality like the Windows Messenger. I have even got one like from Joe Mallozzi too. I have seen only Suzanne Braun (Hathor) and the Jaffa lady in the posts. But I am guessing I can't watch or scroll down thousands of them anyway. Weird. Meh. ld Yu emoticon:

Comment

There is no edit button on Twitter. The bane of everyone's existence is that autocorrect can nail your tweets good... and you won't know it did until you hit sent. So, you either leave it there (depending on the error) or delete and start anew.

Most just leave it and grumble a little before moving on.

An edit-button they won't give you, but you can hide comments you don't want others to see which has put one of the stargate people firmly on my block-list. If you can't handle the criticism, don't post on twitter. It's sometimes worse than the political threads here... and that's saying something.

If you can't handle the heat, don't venture into it.

Mallozzi is quite active on twitter and most likely to respond too. David Blue will react too if you tag him or reply to him. He's one of my favorite people to follow. Yes, David from Universe which I haven't seen.
                    Suanne Braun (Hathor), and Peter (Apophis) are a hoot too.

David Hewlett -- definitely worth a follow.

Rachel Luttrell is semi-active.
                    Claire Rankin is more active on instagram than on Twitter.
                    Paul McGillion and Jewel Staite are also interesting to follow.

And then of course, you can't go wrong with all the stargate fans and fan accounts. Some are currectly muted or blocked by me but for reasons I won't discuss here. Sometimes, you have to bow out of a conversation and take a breather. I'm not obliged to keep them visible on my timeline.

Comment

I have added a few of them. It is nice to see fresh news about actors, but it doesn't mean I can split myself and spend more time on this platform. So I plan to tweet quality instead of quantity at the neyt twitter storm if there is going to be more.

Comment

I learned that shortly before the Twitter storm that Joseph Mallozzi consider the ancients his " least favorite element of the Stargate franchise" via twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I don't know if it was number 1 but it did trend according to an article posted by Mallozzi.

Edit
                          It never made it to number 1 in the USA --> See here.

Other countries:
                          Canada -- 2
                          United Kingdom -- 3
                          Spain -- no trending
                          France -- 1
                          The Netherlands -- no trending
                          Belgium -- no trending
                          Australia -- 1

Worldwide -- 2

Unfortunately, as I'm familiar with the sort, yes it is.
                          I read somewhere that Stargate sold more outside the US than inside, could that be behind it? That there are more per capita sg fans in places like France?

Comment

It is an off topic here, but I am not surprised. The whole ascension plot has made them seperated from the mortals as how can you tell good stories if they are almost gods? Then they have randomly killed the Ori which was also a bold and way too easy steps.

I have always imagined the Ancient as they can energy after someone use their technology. So while the Ori gained power from the faith of the believers, the Ancients have built the gate system to achieve the same. The Nox or any other higher leveled races have tried to warn them as they accelerate and collapse the natural evolutional wa#, but then somebody decided to decimate them with the brain virus. That is the reason they haven't interfered in the Goa'uld civil wars as more Jaffa have used the gate system the better it was for them.

Ascension wise I could imagine an explanation that since they are pure energy now, they are responsible with the flow of the cosmic background radiation what is essential for the cycle of life, death and reborn. Maybe it is about how everything exists chemically in D and L form (rotating the light left or right) or how chromosomes are split up at cell growth. There are so many real mysteries of life. So maybe the Ancients don't intervene as they fill the "ozone holes" on the upper level. And while the wormholes, FTL windows can cause minor interruption of it, when Atlantis has used the wormhole drive that caused a mucgh bigger attention of a larger galactic scale. At least that is how I have imagined the cosmic story.

But I am also sure there are other ascended groups as well. So we have seen the light (Ancients), the fire (Ori) and briefly the shadows (Anubis and/or Atlantis 1x03 Hide and Seek). This last one could be connected to the dark matter in the galaxy.

Back to our heroes. I believe the writers should have written out the Ori and the Ancients together. Maybe they have ascended even further level where they can't return blablabla. But how do you want to maintain the dangers and risks for our average, mortal team if such overpowered entitities exist? Do they have to beg for their help occasionally? They can introduce new races, new galaxies, new gate networks as long as they forget this Ascension plot for a while.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 27 January 2020, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
                              I learned that shortly before the Twitter storm that Joseph Mallozzi consider the ancients his " least favorite element of the Stargate franchise" via twitter
                              They also don't like the Furlings so meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                They also don't like the Furlings so meh...
                                It is an off topic here, but I am not surprised. The whole ascension plot has made them seperated from the stories as how can you tell good stories if they are almost gods? Then they have randomly killed the Ori which was also a bold and way too easy steps.

I have always imagined the Ancient as they can energy after someone use their technology. So while the Ori gained power from the faith of the believers, the Ancients have built the gate system to achieve the same. The Nox or any other higher leveled races have tried to warn them as they accelerate and collapse the natural evolutional wa#, but then somebody decided to decimate them with the brain virus. That is the reason they haven't interfered in the Goa'uld civil wars as more Jaffa have used the gate system the better it was for them.

Ascension wise I could imagine an explanation that since they are pure energy now, they are responsible with the flow of the cosmic background radiation what is essential for the cycle of life, death and reborn. Maybe it is about how everything exists chemically in D and L form (rotating the light left or right) or how chromosomes are split up at cell growth. There are so many real mysteries of life. So maybe the Ancients don't intervene as they fill the "ozone holes" on the upper level. And while the wormholes, FTL windows can cause minor interruption of it, when Atlantis has used the wormhole drive that caused a mucgh bigger attention of a larger galactic scale. At least that is how I have imagined the cosmic story.

But I am also sure there are other ascended groups as well. So we have seen the light (Ancients), the fire (Ori) and briefly the shadows (Anubis and/or Atlantis 1x03 Hide and Seek). This last one could be connected to the dark matter in the galaxy.

Back to our heroes. I believe the writers should have written out the Ori and the Ancients together. Maybe they have ascended even further level where they can't return blablabla. But how do you want to maintain the dangers and risks for our average, mortal team if such overpowered entitities exist? Do they have to beg for their help occasionally? They can introduce new races, new galaxies, new gate networks as long as they forget this Ascension plot for a while.
                                I like the concept of a super advanced ancient species but I did not like that the ancients was revelled to be basically humans.

Comment

Working...
                                X