No announcement yet.

Stargate Superdrive - Tweet Storms - December 6th & January 25/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Tweetstorm. There can be another one a little later, using a different hashtag, for Europe and/or other regions in the world. But that won't happen if people don't show an interest. It's useless if only a handful of people are prepared to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      What time is all this happening in Australia time, & Western Australia time in particular?
      (07/12)
      Perth: 10am
      Brisbane: 12pm
      Sydney: 1pm
      New Zealand: 3pm
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
        This is the Tweetstorm. There can be another one a little later, using a different hashtag, for Europe and/or other regions in the world. But that won't happen if people don't show an interest. It's useless if only a handful of people are prepared to do it.
        Stargate_Now literally said, and I guess they don't know that Europe doesn't trend as one nation but each country has it's own trending top 10, that France was the only one trending in the previous tweetstorm.

They have yet to distance themselves -- an apology simply won't cut it -- from that dude who went off his rockers and literally insulted everyone to high hell who pointed out the issue with that unfortunate Europe timing. He could have taken the high road but instead yanked everyone's mother into the conversation (in a manner of speaking).

I have no desire to "support" the Americans in getting a stargate show that we might enjoy as well. They can fight for it themselves. There's no quid-pro-quo here.

Where were they when we tried to get them to speak on our behalf with all-access anyway?

Oh yeah, this runs very deep with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
          That’s rough about the 3am time, it’s too bad they couldn’t find a time for everyone. And ahhh I see, well it was nice to be hopeful for a short period of time anyway It would be nice to get some of the actors involved, but that’s definitely a long shot.
          That's not rough -- well, it is obviously not ideal. I'll be asleep. I have class on saturday morning and a busy weekend so no time for stargate anyway.

You have to realise that the primary audience here is not globally, it is North-America. They are the viewers which can make or break a show. If they're not watching it, we're not gonna get to watch it.
          That's a fact I'm not refuting.

It's the way they are handling the issue, on the other hand, that's what's bothering me a lot right about now.

Unlike CBS (I think they own Elementary) which continued to renew Elementary because it was a huge success on the international market, while it kept losing viewers in the home market, the USA, MGM only aims its arrows on the home market. The rest is extra, and keeping Stargate Command, they don't think very highly of other markets other than those that did have access to their payed content.

I mean, CBS literally continued Elementary with 2 season (1,5 perhaps) for the international broadcasting license market.

According to Joe Mallozzi, there will be actors involved. Peter (Apophis) has already tweeted about it.
          There will also be give-aways among the tweeters from Mallozzi, and at least one fan offering replica crystals. They look neat.

(Bribery at its finest -- )

Yes, it does feel like we're being punished for being on the "wrong" continent.
          It's Stargate Command all over. We're quite literally the afterthought, the footnote not worth mentioning.
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 05 December 2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Stargate_Now literally said, and I guess they don't know that Europe doesn't trend as one nation but each country has it's own trending top 10, that France was the only one trending in the previous tweetstorm.
            Every country has its own trending list. Which is exactly the point. Then there's also the global trends. If it only trends in the US, well then they can only think about the US. And I'm not talking about trending. Trending means ****, especially in this instance. It's about awareness and making sure there is sufficient representation from around the world. Even though it was only trending in France doesn't mean the rest of Europe was ignored. The image they showed about where the tweets came from clearly showed they came from all over. Local trending also favors hashtags related to local events or situations, not something like a global event that may have a smaller coverage in each country, but a huge following globally.

They have yet to distance themselves -- an apology simply won't cut it -- from that dude who went off his rockers and literally insulted everyone to high hell who pointed out the issue with that unfortunate Europe timing. He could have taken the high road but instead yanked everyone's mother into the conversation (in a manner of speaking).
            What happened? I didn't see that.

I have no desire to "support" the Americans in getting a stargate show that we might enjoy as well. They can fight for it themselves. There's no quid-pro-quo here.

Where were they when we tried to get them to speak on our behalf with all-access anyway?

Oh yeah, this runs very deep with me.
            Well, if that's how you think then yes it's never going to happen. If everyone thinks that, nothing will ever happen. If the rest of the world shuts up, then that skews the results. All-Access, and SGC as whole, was a trainwreck of epic proportions. But if we all just shut up about it, give up, then nothing will ever change, as it is with everything.

I know the scepticism runs deep with you, and I understand and feel similar. But I'm asking myself, do I still love Stargate? Hell, yes. So I'm trying every attempt I see. Right now the only reason I don't care to participate is because I want some answers. I love being idealistic and optimistic, and love everyone else for being that, but I need some reassurances, some true reassurances, to convince me to join in again. But I still don't want to just sit back and give up.

Comment

What happened? I didn't see that.
              Posts were since deleted -- either T did it himself or he was reported. I suspect the latter to be true, because the rest of the Stargate_Now team was unaware of it until it was pointed out to them, which I thought was weird since the person who posted the R-rated posts tagged the account.

I'll send you the name of the account which screencapped the posts.

Well, if that's how you think then yes it's never going to happen. If everyone thinks that, nothing will ever happen. If the rest of the world shuts up, then that skews the results. All-Access, and SGC as whole, was a trainwreck of epic proportions. But if we all just shut up about it, give up, then nothing will ever change, as it is with everything.
              It's exactly how I think. Mutually assured destruction type thinking... If they get more stargate, fine. If not, also fine.
              But Stargate Command has taught me a valuable lesson, that I don't want to be used anymore as a convenient extra. They didn't want to stand up for the rest of us, than I have nothing to give in return.

They are the ones who have to keep it alive. We count towards nothing, except when they need us they want us. No thanks...

Comment

Abusive relationship anyone?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Abusive relationship anyone?
                  Psychological... not so much physical.

If it's any indication, the hashtag was simply #WeWantStargate.

And David Hewlett was most awesome last night (or morning for him probably) when he made a specific mention that the timing was rather awkward for people internationally.

Comment

So what is the outcome? Has Stargate become No1 on Twitter?
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Psychological... not so much physical.

If it's any indication, the hashtag was simply #WeWantStargate.

And David Hewlett was most awesome last night (or morning for him probably) when he made a specific mention that the timing was rather awkward for people internationally.
                      Psycological is probably worse
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/w...=hashtag_click

It is nice to see the posts of so many Stargate actors and staff.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          So what is the outcome? Has Stargate become No1 on Twitter?
                          I don't know if it was number 1 but it did trend according to an article posted by Mallozzi.

Edit
                          It never made it to number 1 in the USA --> See here.

Other countries:
                          Canada -- 2
                          United Kingdom -- 3
                          Spain -- no trending
                          France -- 1
                          The Netherlands -- no trending
                          Belgium -- no trending
                          Australia -- 1

Worldwide -- 2

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Psycological is probably worse
                          Unfortunately, as I'm familiar with the sort, yes it is.
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 07 December 2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I didn't participate but a friend of mine, who isn't on twitter, said it was #1 for about an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                              I didn't participate but a friend of mine, who isn't on twitter, said it was #1 for about an hour.
                              Depening on where your friend was located, I can tell you that from the list of countries available on Tweeples, only France and Australia managed to accomplish that.

The USA stranded on number 2.

Comment

Here's an article on Deadline that I found a link to on IMDB:

#WeWantStargate Trends In Worldwide Campaign To Bring Forth New ‘Stargate’ Series

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X