• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 1 (509)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON FIVE
    CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 509
    As a crisis erupts across the multiverse, the Monitor gathers Supergirl, Green Arrow and his daughter Mia, Batwoman, White Canary and the Atom, the Flash and other heroes to make a stand on Earth-38 -- where a massive anti-matter wave threatens to consume Kara's Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 December 2019, 10:03 PM.

Surprised no ones commented yet.

What an opener! Didn't expect them to kill Oliver in the first episode.

Also, how does Supergirl work now? Will it be based on Earth 1?

Comment

It was closed at the time so I commented in the general thread. I refuse to believe Oliver is dead until the crossover is over. I think we all knew their will only be 1 Earth when this is over
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I loved the opening scenes with the different Earths. Why does Earth-66 seem trapped with 60s fashion?

Though the numbering of Earths conflicts with how The Flash handled it. Earth-X was the 53rd Earth that was numbered as such because it was just so bad. That was in order to keep there being 52 Earths. But now we see Earth-90, 66, 89, I mean I hope some character mentions that at some point.

It was SUCH a TURNAROUND from last crossover where Ollie kept getting knocked down and bashed. Lois called him a jerk, Barry pounced on him for cheating on Laurel (with Kara booing), and other examples.

This episode was a fitting tribute to him and the show and how it got the ball rolling on everything that came after.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
          I loved the opening scenes with the different Earths. Why does Earth-66 seem trapped with 60s fashion?
          I would guess that's due to Burt Ward's brief appearance at the start. He played Robin in the 1966 TV version of Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Also, how does Supergirl work now? Will it be based on Earth 1?
            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I think we all knew their will only be 1 Earth when this is over
            I'm really really really hoping that they have the foresight to use Crisis to collapse everything into a single universe. I haven't done so, but I'm sure there is some website out there that has added up the number of minutes this franchise has wasted on finding increasingly convoluted means of hopping from one universe to the next, when it would make the storytelling of crossover events a lot simpler and more to the point to just say "hey I'll be there in an hour" or have Barry hang up the phone in Central City and two seconds later he's in the scene with characters from another show.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That's my hope as well digi.
              I don't want crossovers all the time, I want a solid background for the CW DCU, and crisis offers the perfect opportunity to do it.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I think we all knew their will only be 1 Earth when this is over
                Screw that

While I want the characters to be on the same Earth, logistically, that presents a problem.

Are you going to change the history of characters so much so that they forget they were from another reality?

How does that impact their individual tv shows? Earlier they clearly state they are in different dimensions and then suddenly you see other heroes referenced in TV news? On Supergirl, they clearly state that Superman and Supergirl are the only superpowered heroes. Supergirl references Clark working with a "dark vigilante" but nothing is stated about what happened. Then in Elseworlds, Kara tells Kate (Batwoman) that Clark worked with Kate's cousin (Earth-1 Batman) when Supergirl and Clark are from Earth 38. So how does that make sense?

Condensing their histories adds more conflict then resolving anything.

And what good would having them on one Earth do? They already can warp to another reality within seconds thanks to Cisco's devices. They just need a story reason to do the crossover.

Condensing all the Earths (or at least our heroes') would not make more crossovers (small or big) happen more frequently. It would just reduce the reasons given why X hero didn't know Y event happened.

Not to mention, if Supergirl and Superman went to Earth 1 and then somehow learned of the events of Crisis, then they would have to accept that Alex Earth-38 replaced the closeted Alex of Earth-1, effectively killing Alex of Earth-1 and likewise for billions of people.

How would they remain heroes if they know the truth? In short, I don't think they would be. Though the writers may just not bring that topic up, thus avoiding it.

So I think condensing them just makes more problems, not less. See DC Comics history.

Comment

Working...
                X