McKay's personality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay's personality

Last edited by grobanix; 28 September 2021, 02:44 AM.
    Enough of this tampering with time. Causality is not to be treated so lightly.

err, what?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

He’s a genius for sure, but incredibly egotistical and disrespectful to those not close to him. Though he has a good heart when it comes down to it
      Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

He starts out as a complete jerk. Very self centered, and thinks the world revolves around him. At least that is how he copes with life. However, when gets pushed out of his comfort zone, and is sent to Atlantis, he does change. Some of that self-centeredness still stays, but it softens. It is the friendships that he ends up forging, that change him for the better. As well as the circumstances that he finds himself in.

Comment

Well, he's a guy whose self admittedly very arrogant, though it kind of makes sense given his intelligence and having to be the one to save people with his ideas all the time. Though, that's no excuse for having trouble viewing other peoples work. In "Grace Under Pressure" I think he said something about not trusting other people to do it. So he may just have a do it yourself mentality. As for his more phobia/ hypochondriac related behaviors, well the more you know how dangerous things are in the world the more afraid of them you'll be, right?

But from a different persective of 'why' his personality and behaviour is the way it is, I've seen other sites where people with autism have either speculated or firmly believe that he has asperger's. I don't know too much about it myself, but I think the people who know what their talking about make good points. Like his stimming with his finger snapping and such, and his lack of social awareness and difficulty admiring other people. *shrugs*
          Last edited by Atlantisrulez; 24 November 2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

He's used to being the smartest person in the room and then he gets involved in the Stargate world and he has people like Zalenka and Samantha Carter who can go toe-to-toe with him. The introduction of his sister, Jeannie, into storylines help to visualize how McKay became the way he is and why he feels the need to remind people of his intelligence. Introducing his sister also showed how McKay does value his family but in his own way i.e. seeing how smart Jeannie is and wanting her to achieve success within the scientific field.

Comment

Working...
            X