• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter Five: The Gunslinger (105)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE MANDALORIAN - SEASON ONE
    CHAPTER FIVE:
    THE GUNSLINGER

EPISODE NUMBER - 105
    Forced to land on a remote desert planet, the Mandalorian teams up with an inexperienced young bounty hunter to capture a notorious assassin.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 December 2019, 10:59 AM.

Ahh, dear dusty old Tatooine. How we missed you.

Loved the "hero shot" of Mando atop the Dewback, a nice callback to those long ago days of A New Hope and an almost identical publicity picture of a Sandtrooper riding a Dewback.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ha yeah, I was pretty jazzed to see Tatooine pop up. Lots of callbacks in this one - Tatooine itself, the docking bay, the pit droids, a cantina scene, the droid bartender being the same model as the one was saw in Jabba's palace in Jedi, the dewback....great stuff!

I was impressed that Toro Calican turned out smarter than I expected. He seemed like such a spaz, I was absolutely expecting that he'd foolishly go along with the plan that Fennec was pretending to have. So I was really quite surprised when he actually shot her and left.

I'll be shocked if she's dead though. I know nearly everyone on this show has been a one-off so far, but that closing shot of Mysterious Boots right at the end pretty clearly says to me that she'll be back in some capacity. But whicch? Who is Mysterious Boot? Will she be back to help try to capture Rando Mando and Baby Yoda with the Guild?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hmmm... Maybe it's Greef Craga or The Client, secretly following our hero and waiting for him to make a mistake?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I LOVE PIT DROIDS!!!!

Anywho... I'm enjoying this series immensely and hope it will be released on DVD. I so want to have this for keeps.

Eager to see what happened to Fennec -- hell no, she's dead.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Mystery man might be Boba Fett.

Comment

And it's taken him this long to climb out of the Sarlacc pit.
              sigpic

Comment

He caused an indigestion maybe... ...got spit back out. Too chewy.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It suddenly occurred to me, there's another mystery to be explained...

How and where did the Nikto mercenaries from ep. 1 get hold of the Child in the first place?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X