• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter Two: The Child (102)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE MANDALORIAN - SEASON ONE
    CHAPTER TWO:
    THE CHILD

EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    The Mandalorian is forced into a dangerous gambit after Jawas strip his ship for parts.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 December 2019, 11:01 AM.

Well that was a fun little diversion. I'm not sure it needed to be a full episode, but then, 'diversion in pursuit of a higher goal that advances the plot along the way' are pretty standard Star Wars fare (see also: Yavin in IV, Bespin in V, Tatooine in VI, the entire Naboo story in I, Kamino in II, Utapau in III, Takodana in VII, Canto Bight in VIII).

Speaking of: Jawas! Was this planet meant to be Tatooine? I don't think it was named in either episode so far, so that caught me a bit by surprise. It was also a little surprising to see the sandcrawler driving so fast, after seeing them look so painfully slow in IV. But then I suppose it makes sense, if they have to drive across vast swathes of desert, it really needs to move.

So the little baby Yoda dude(tte?). Definitely Force-sensitive! I wonder if it's a species trait?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's not Tatooine, no. Named as Arvala-7 in the online Star Wars database.

But as far as I'm aware, there's nothing to establish that Jawas are native to Tatooine.

However, their presence on Arvala-7 seems to imply that they're a spaceflight capable species.
      If so, I really don't want to see what their ships look like...

The bit of business with the sandcrawler's track, the rockface and the Mandalorian was a nice nod to "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        However, their presence on Arvala-7 seems to imply that they're a spaceflight capable species.
        If so, I really don't want to see what their ships look like...
        That's a scary thought
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It is, isn't it?

That's gonna keep me awake tonight...
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

The EGG!!

Again beautiful scenery combined with an interesting walk around the planet, even though I thought it might have a little too much walking about.

The Jawas stripping the Mando's ship and then him trying to board their crawler.

"They might remember I disintegrated a few of them."

No really, ya think...

Baby!Yoda (yeah, I'm calling him that) trying to help our bounty hunter, and eating the frog.

"Spit that out!"
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just as an FYI guys, Baby!Yoda is about 90% physical puppet and 10% CGI.
              sigpic

Comment

Just as an FYI guys, Baby!Yoda is about 90% physical puppet and 10% CGI.
                I expect nothing less than that.

Comment

I fully expect the toy stores to be flooded with plush Baby!Yodas next Christmas.

I wouldn't mind one myself, and I'm nearly 50.
                  sigpic

Comment

You know, that whole ! point thing makes y'all look like you're having midsentence seizures

Comment

*points* Falcon Horus started it!
                      sigpic

Comment

*points* Falcon Horus started it!
                        Don't ask me why I do that... cause I haven't the foggiest.

Comment

I just got my regular email newsletter from the IMFDB, and besides IDing the real weapon the Mandalorian's pistol is based on, we have an interesting little titbit of information.

The Mandalorian's name.

Spoiler:
                          Dyn Jarren

Whether this is true or not, remains to be seen.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it is... cause I've seen it mention before.

Comment

I imagine we'll find out soon enough - there's that bit in the trailer where Ming-Na Wen's character says something about how his name will be remembered for ages to come.

Personally though I kind of like not knowing his name. Has a bit of a Sergio Leone feel to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X