No announcement yet.

Chapter Two: The Child (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen the trailer so maybe it does happen at some point, but my sister wondered whether he was ever going to take his helmet off, and I'm like, "Why?" -- it's a lot more fun this way.

There's no way for him to show through facial expressions how he feels about certain things. He has to act it out with speech and the way he moves his body. So much more interesting than just smiling or glaring.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I had a though that he'll take off his lid in the closing moments of episode eight.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        However, their presence on Arvala-7 seems to imply that they're a spaceflight capable species.
        If so, I really don't want to see what their ships look like...
        Somehow this is a kinky thought and my Cathat Jawa loving Jedi Battlemaster is interested greatly in this idea. I was able to see bits and pieces of the show so far though, just not in one sitting.

I now want to see the inside of a Jawa spaceship

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I have this mental image of something that's half steam train and half WWII submarine.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

And falling right out of the sky... at every occasion.

Remember that Firefly buffer panel... I bet the Jawa's have to constantly patch up their ships to maintain viable flight capabilities.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              I have this mental image of something that's half steam train and half WWII submarine.
              That's funny, I was thinking half train half WWII flying tank myself, or at least somerthing more akin to a Final Fantasy 7 train

Those air filters are changed by the hour just to let you all know {You try living on a Sandcralwer for 2 Tatooine years {14 Coruscant years} and then try to get rid of the stink}

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                {You try living on a Sandcralwer for 2 Tatooine years {14 Coruscant years} and then try to get rid of the stink}
                Your math needs work
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Your math needs work
                  Not entirely according to my Atlas 1 Tatooine year =7 Coruscant years. then there is the nucanon and that kinda messed it up so my math is believe what you want i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    Not entirely according to my Atlas 1 Tatooine year =7 Coruscant years. then there is the nucanon and that kinda messed it up so my math is believe what you want i guess
                    Not sure where you're reading that...

The Essential Atlas (EU/Legends) had:
                    - Tatooine as a 23h day and a 304 day year
                    - Coruscant as a 24h day and a 368 day year

NuCanon revised those to:
                    - Tatooine as a 34h day a 304 day year
                    - Coruscant as a 24h day and a 365 day year

Caveat: I have a really bad cold, so between the snot and all the drugs I've been taking, I may not be thinking straight
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Caveat: I have a really bad cold, so between the snot and all the drugs I've been taking, I may not be thinking straight
                      You are forgiven. And its my mistake, it was not in my Atlas it was in my Saga edition core rules for the Star Wars Saga edition of the RPG series

Also I have always thought that Coruscant always was a 24h day with a standard 365 day long year ? When did that become offical canon ?

Comment

The history of the old EU/Legends calendar measurement is....convoluted and inconsistent to say the least. The short version:

It was actually the SW RPG originally established that a Galactic Standard Year was a 10 month year, where each month is 7 weeks of 5 days (=35 per month x 10 = 350), plus three Fete Weeks (3x5 = 15), plus three holiday days (350+15+3 = 368). Later sources revised it to a 12 month year, but still 368 days -- but without giving any detailed breakdown on how the year works. Buuuut some writers still used the old system even after the revision (Karen Traviss used the 10 month year when writing the Republic Commando books, for instance).

Fortunately, once the Disney reboot came along, sanity prevailed: the reference book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know established that, in the rebooted universe, a Coruscant calendar would match an Earth calendar - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

And thank god, too, because what a pain in the ass the 10/368 was to figure out relative to other events that were being measured by the 12 month calendar!

Comment

Working...
                        X