Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superman & Lois - TV Series

Announcement

This is cool, I just hope they balance it with Supergirl. They spent a effort to ensure that Superman didn't over shadow her and also Supergirl didn't overshadow him.

She proved she could protect National City, but due to Superman's absence for his child's birth, he handed her the reigns of protecting Earth.

Not to mention Supergirl just had Lex Luthor and has featured previous Superman foes, I imagine some rehashing of history.

Another fear, they somehow make Superman seem like he's new on the job.

I like the framing it as watching them be parents. So it removes the will they/won't they and just establishes the relationship and moves on.

I do hope they don't go the Brian Bendis route and rapidly age Jon Kent to a teen, while easier for actors to deal with another actor and not a baby or a child actor, those kinds of tropes are common and frustratedly pass over a lot of milestones in a parental relationship.

Comment

Let me say first, I like Superman, and Lois Lane, but given arrow is going to end soon, in a position where there is a kid involved, a new series smells a bit off to me if it involves a superhero dad and a mom and kid at home.

I don't want to rag on the idea, it just gives me bad vibes.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Let me say first, I like Superman, and Lois Lane, but given arrow is going to end soon, in a position where there is a kid involved, a new series smells a bit off to me if it involves a superhero dad and a mom and kid at home.

I don't want to rag on the idea, it just gives me bad vibes.
        It depends on what the Arrowverse looks like post-crisis. What could be cool is that the universe is changed so that Lois and Clark never met so she doesn't know him but he still has all his memories of being with her.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'll probably give it a try-out when it starts to air... I kinda like all my CW shows so far (Black Lightning, Arrow, The Flash, LOT, Supergirl, Batwoman) so yeah.

Though it will be interesting to see how they're gonna spin this one.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So with this, in 2020 fall season, there will be (in order of seniority):

* The Flash
            * Legends of Tomorrow (or legends of to-meow-meow)
            * Supergirl
            * Black Lightning
            * Batwoman
            * Green Arrow and the Canaries
            * Superman & Lois

That's 7 DC shows (6 firmly rooted in the Arrowverse as of today).

This whole thing just keeps rolling on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
              So with this, in 2020 fall season, there will be (in order of seniority):

* The Flash
              * Legends of Tomorrow (or legends of to-meow-meow)
              * Supergirl
              * Black Lightning
              * Batwoman
              * Green Arrow and the Canaries
              * Superman & Lois

That's 7 DC shows (6 firmly rooted in the Arrowverse as of today).

This whole thing just keeps rolling on.
              And they’ve ‘grandfathered-in’ Constantine, Smallville, the 2003 Birds of Prey show, and the 1990 Flash series!

Plus possibly Batman ‘66 and the entire DCAU, depending on what roles Burt Ward and Kevin Conroy end up playing in Crisis!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Still annoyed Constantine only got one season
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  And they’ve ‘grandfathered-in’ Constantine, Smallville, the 2003 Birds of Prey show, and the 1990 Flash series!

Plus possibly Batman ‘66 and the entire DCAU, depending on what roles Burt Ward and Kevin Conroy end up playing in Crisis!
                  True. I just meant shows currently on the air. Telling a story that is spun off or continued from another show.

It started with Ollie's mission, which led to The Flash's journey. Then some of their allies and villains were recruited for Legends of Tomorrow. Along the way, Barry met Supergirl. Green Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl met Batwoman. We see how her journey started. And Supergirl's cousin Superman starts to become a parent and he'll have his own story.

Just following the through line is boggling. Clearly this universe has themes of legacy (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, the new Superman/Lois series)

Whenever the final series wraps up, it's going to have to leave with the notion that the heroes are still growing and fighting the good fight.

It's good that Batwoman just started and that Superman will fly off soon. That'll keep the stories on their respective Earths and cities going. Soon Supergirl will end (hopefully after a crossover with just her and Batwoman) and then, possibly, it'll be just Batwoman and Superman & Lois.

Then they could be the only shows doing crossovers.

Comment

Now there's news of a Super Sons show being developed by the CW.

Maybe this is just a trace of discussions about a spin-off of Superman and Lois after the show has done a couple of seasons. Though if their whole gimmick is them being parents, then either the Jon Kent actor will be on two shows or he'll have to leave one for the other.
                    Last edited by Mrja84; 14 November 2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

...huh.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Comment

Episode 3 of this show got to me. The character of Sarah really resonates with me. She said a line with her mother that is practically taken from my own experience. However, I've never been able to express it like that until adulthood.

I'm loving this, where's the fans?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                            I'm loving this, where's the fans?!
                            I'm not at that stage yet, but I am properly entertained so who knows.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just found out the age of the young cast members. And now I am disappointed as I don't think my ship will sail. But who knows, maybe in later seasons as the young one ages up?

Comment

Working...
                              X