New Stargate Needed.!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stargate Needed.!!

It has been so long. I know they are talking, but to be right honest with all these new streaming platforms in 2019 really no excuse not to make a new Stargate. Look at Netflix. Every other movie or TV series is Sci Fi. They love it there. To be honest Netflix is a perfect fit. So many of them. If it is a issue about rights, buy out the holder. I am sure with Fund me etc. The fans will support any choice made as long as were moving forward. Again, Storyline? My God Atlantis has so much more that can be told. They have only been though a small % of the Galaxy. So much more that could happen. To be honest picking up on season 6 XX years later. With New Earth Tech the ships battles will be cool. We only had 5 season and that was years ago a lot could happen since then. Honestly I think we all would love to see it picked up on Atlantis. Just makes sense. Any ideas fire away all !!

First of all, welcome to Gateworld!!

Be sure to introduce yourself here --> Welcome New Members!

We're always happy to meet new meat... I mean, members.

Originally posted by Bremulus View Post
    I know they are talking...
    While I don't doubt that Brad Wright's been trying to talk to MGM about some new stargate perhaps, the fact is that he's been "talking" for 2 years now and nothing has come forward or been hinted at coming forward, much less anything else new, other than that Wyvern Gaming RPG that's supposedly coming in 2020. And that's licensed material and not actual show.

...but to be right honest with all these new streaming platforms in 2019 really no excuse not to make a new Stargate.
    The only streaming platform that is of use, in the grand scheme of platforms, is Netflix. All the others have limited access, either to the USA alone, to the US and a handful of other countries or to the USA and 5 other countries and leaving everyone else out to dry with a "we're working on expanding" (but really aren't).

Are you in the USA? (or in Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, or Germany)

Because MGM decided in 2017 to create a geolocked streaming website "for the fans" where they would be able to stream all the shows to their heart's content, extra videos specially made with interviews, do quizzes and communicate -- stargate command -- but if you're locked out, you're not the fan they're aiming it at.

If it is a issue about rights, buy out the holder.
    That would be MGM and they don't want to sell -- Joe Flanigan already tried that a couple of years ago.

I am sure with Fund me etc.
    Legal issues aside, the only company who does such funding is LegionM. They were apparently also involved with Stargate Origins.

The fans will support any choice made as long as were moving forward.
    No, they won't.

I think Stargate Origins is proof enough that fans won't just flock out and support just anything. Heck even Stargate Universe had a difficult time with the fans...

MGM has quite easily burned many bridges with fans, especially with the continued geolocking of all-access on stargate command.

As far as I'm concerned they can stick their intellectual property where the sun don't shine.

Again, Storyline? My God Atlantis has so much more that can be told. They have only been though a small % of the Galaxy. So much more that could happen. To be honest picking up on season 6 XX years later. With New Earth Tech the ships battles will be cool. We only had 5 season and that was years ago a lot could happen since then. Honestly I think we all would love to see it picked up on Atlantis. Just makes sense. Any ideas fire away all !!
    Plenty of ideas left to tell, and stories to end. I might not have watched it at the time but Universe deserves a proper ending.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
    X