First Lieutenant

Default In the comics, How did Kate Kane learn Batman's Secret ID?

Hey folks,

I've tried searching of this, but the results I get are either related to the show or point to Fandom profiles of Kate Kane that are just too broad and lack any mention of this revelation.

I know Kate Kane was introduced during the 52 weekly comic series/event. And I know her history was potential rewritten in New 52.

I just want to know the details of how Kate learn Batman was her cousin. For both Post-Crisis Kate Kane (Pre-New52) or New 52 Kate Kane, I would like to know how she discovered or who told her. Ideally, if you could include the issue or comic, I'd appreciate it.

Default Re: In the comics, How did Kate Kane learn Batman's Secret ID?

I have not read 52 or Countdown in years, so I can’t help there. But I do recall that at the start of the James Tynion’s run writing Detective Comics in 2016, Batman revealed who he was to her and she responded something along the lines of “I’m not an idiot, Bruce, I worked it out ages ago.”

EDIT: It's Detective Comics #934 I was thinking of, the very first issue of JT4's run as writer. Here are the exact pages. I didn't quite get the line right, but close enough
    Last edited by DigiFluid; October 20th, 2019 at 07:33 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

First Lieutenant

Default Re: In the comics, How did Kate Kane learn Batman's Secret ID?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I have not read 52 or Countdown in years, so I can’t help there. But I do recall that at the start of the James Tynion’s run writing Detective Comics in 2016, Batman revealed who he was to her and she responded something along the lines of “I’m not an idiot, Bruce, I worked it out ages ago.”

EDIT: It's Detective Comics #934 I was thinking of, the very first issue of JT4's run as writer. Here are the exact pages. I didn't quite get the line right, but close enough
    Hmm, okay so Rebirth continuity just acknowledges it, we don't see the discovery or her reaction to it. That's sad, but glad she knows.