Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Short Treks (spoilers for all released episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So "The Girl Who Made the Stars" and "Ephraim and Dot" came out yesterday. I just got done watching them a few seconds ago so I'm still kind of processing. They were not at all what I was expecting, and I'm still trying to work out whether I like them or not.

"The Girl Who Made the Stars"
    Spoiler:
    I'm not usually a fan of 'kid stories,' but it was fairly well done I guess; well animated and structured and so on, even if it didn't really grab me. This one actually kind of reminded me of that sequence at the beginning of Black Panther that explains the origins of vibranium and the ancient tribes in Wakanda. Probably a pretty good episode to show a kid.

"Ephraim and Dot"
    Spoiler:
    My immediate reaction is that I like this one a lot more. I like how it's this interesting kind of fusion of WALL-E and Eva, and Lilo & Stitch. Definitely appreciated all the nostalgia too! One thing about this one that made me think, was of the perception of time. We see this whirlwind story of a frantic search in the space of like 8 minutes, but in-universe it actually spans nearly 20 years. Certainly that's a stylistic choice for the episode, but supposing tardigrades experience the passage of time in this way, so very differently than we do? I find that interesting to muse on.
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 14 December 2019, 11:13 AM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I thought it was cute that Baby!Burnham had a cuddly tardigrade.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Announcing Star Trek: Short Treks Release on Blu-Ray and DVD

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
        X