X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell message

To all my fellow members:

Having made that ultimate choice to prepare moving to the United States for good to study hard, work and possibly become a baseball player in Major League Baseball, in this the silver jubillee year of the Stargate franchise I've now made my extraordinary decision to leave the Gateworld Fourm effective 0000h EDT (12nn Philippine Time GMT+8), October 14, 2019.

After several fruitful years of being a part of this site, I've come to a decisive choice to move on to new things, having ended my plans to serve my service term in the armed forces following my collegiate graduation, having learned of a baseball player in the minors of the Royals organization who is already overcoming his mental health problems last week online, I now made known of my ultimate calling which I've been preparing since a year ago - being ready to play baseball in the major leagues to fully overcome my mental problems and become a better man after my college studies. Still, it was the Stargate franchise that taught me of the value of the importance of the United States Armed Forces in the defense of the homeland and in building a peacfeul world and thus I will continue to express my gratitude to all serving in the armed forces and its veterans, as well as the first responders, and to always remember the fallen men and women who perished for their country and community. Regarding my baseball career, through, I've chosen the one team that I'm planning to join once I'm good enough in college and the amateur adult leagues - the New York Yankees of the American League East, knowing in my heart that I'll be better wearing the famous insignia that has become part of the history of baseball in North America and the whole world.

I am forever grateful to all of you Stargate fans everywhere for making me welcome in this site, interacting and becoming a part of this forum as I learned about this franchise firsthand and the people who have been a part of it. As I move on in this new chapter of my life, moving on to live the American dream that has been almost a decade in the making, in saying my farewell to all of you, the Stargate fans, I hope and wish for the best for all of you and this site in this celebration of the 25th year of Stargate and hope for any future endeavors to ensure that the Stargate spirit and legacy lives on for years to come.

Again, to all the members of the Gateworld Forum, thank you all for making me a part of the Stargate Legacy, and farewell.

John Emmanuel Ramos
    Makati City, Philippines

...okay.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
    X