X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back and to the Future (1501)

Episode Synopsis:

Originally posted by thefutoncritic.com
    Picking up where we left off last season, Sam, Dean and Castiel are left to defend the world after all the souls in hell have been released and are back on Earth and free to kill again.

Original Air Date: 10/10/2019
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Well, it was a good start to the last Season. However I am starting to think that Chuck is not really the nonplusultra he makes himself out to be. They pissed him off so much and he could snap everyone out of existence and this is him stopping to play games? Not so threatening anymore.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      Well, it was a good start to the last Season. However I am starting to think that Chuck is not really the nonplusultra he makes himself out to be. They pissed him off so much and he could snap everyone out of existence and this is him stopping to play games? Not so threatening anymore.
      Remember what he told Sam, he's a fan. He's not just the writer, he's a viewer. He likes to see Sam and Dean fight and struggle against the odds. So he may still be trying to orchestrate them into roles he defined for them.

Thus he set off a series of dominoes to influence them into taking certain actions in order to "finish his story".

From season 11, it was clear that Chuck was not limitless in his abilities. Creating souls made him nausea and his sister, Amara, required him making a small army (Archangels) to just bottle her up.

Now these are best on his word and the words of others he manipulated. Chuck agreed with Amara that he created Archangels, Angels, humanity and all so that he would be "Lord" and be looked up upon. Whereas Amara and he were equals and not trying to put one or the other down.

Chuck certainly has a bit of selfishness within him and an ego that desires he be framed (or viewed) a certain way. I wouldn't put it pass him that he's been manipulating Amara and all far longer than we know.

----------------------

On the episode, I liked it, but I felt the daylight battles with ghosts looked terrible and corny. It's possible to do horror in daylight, but they didn't pull that off.

I love the new demon and I'm glad to see Calvert get some room to channel a new character like so many series regulars were able to do (at least the long running ones).

Comment

OK that was fun.
        I feel like the gates of hell opening is just an excuse to get everyone back for a final run.
        Adam's return is long overdue though.

The demon possessing Jack's body, well I don't really believe he's who he says he is. I believe he's an old friend, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
          OK that was fun.
          I feel like the gates of hell opening is just an excuse to get everyone back for a final run.
          Adam's return is long overdue though.

The demon possessing Jack's body, well I don't really believe he's who he says he is. I believe he's an old friend, if you know what I mean.
          Oh Geez, I completly forgot about that. I can already guess who our Demon friend is as well, but I will wait and be surprised. I hope the writers got a big finish in store for us.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
          X