Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So anyone else new to SGA? Or want to talk about it? S3 ep Sunday (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So anyone else new to SGA? Or want to talk about it? S3 ep Sunday (SPOILERS)

Watching SGA S3 for the first time, ever. Just watched Sunday and was like what! That's it? That's all the send off Carson gets?! Why was the whole episode mostly about everyone else? And the editing was really strange. Especially the last scenes.
    sigpic

Well, I am not new, new. I first watched that one a year and half ago. But I'll bite.

I hear ya. I was like really? You just killed off my favorite character, again? *sigh* It felt like it was just for the shock factor and nothing else. A ratings thing. I do think it wasn't meant to be a send off per say, you weren't supposed to know that this was how it was all going to end. But it does make it feel a bit cheap. Not terribly fulfilling for the audience.

Comment

TPTW(ere) originally didn't have a death in this episode. It was just about a day off in Atlantis, but they all thought it came out as "boring" if nothing spectacular enough happened.

So, they decided to write in the "exploding tumors" -- whomever came up with that, should have been smacked over the head but anywho... They needed a beloved character to make it even more "interesting" and Carson drew the short end of the stick, I guess.

It wasn't a send-off. It was meant to shock people in a way where they were trying to say, "none of them are safe" but in reality we all know that that only applies to supporting characters or characters that either don't work or are hard to write stories for (hence why McKay is always front and center, and Ronon/Teyla are there to hold up walls in the background).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
      X