No announcement yet.

Cal Mah 3.0 - The Telford Centre Hotel, UK ~ POSTPONED (CV 19) New dates TBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cal Mah 3.0 - The Telford Centre Hotel, UK ~ POSTPONED (CV 19) New dates TBA

https://www.facebook.com/events/1373930532745574/
    https://www.facebook.com/fcdevent/

May 29th to May 31st 2019. Stargate Universe focused. Announced guests are:

Julie McNiven (Ginn)
    Mike Dopud (most notably Varro, Ventrell, Kiryk and plenty of others)
    David Blue (Eli)
    Dan Payne (Super Soldier, Sateda main bad guy Wraith)
    Dean Aylesworth (Anubis)
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

A rather unfortunate weekend considering FedCon is the exact same weekend, though more Stargate Atlantis themed.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's a shame. Had been hoping they might sneak Hewlett into the roster.
      Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 04 October 2019, 01:34 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        That's a shame. Had been hoping they might seen Hewlett into the roster.
        He's already announced in Bonn -- was the first or the second, I think. Nykl and then Hewlett. Also, McGillion, Flanigan and Luttrell.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't follow none UK conventions as I don't travel outside the country for them so was unaware.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            Thanks for the info. I don't follow none UK conventions as I don't travel outside the country for them so was unaware.
            I have no other choice but to travel outside of our borders if I want to find relevant guests to meet, and this one is a grand opportunity to collect on guests I haven't had the opportunity to meet at other conventions (both local and abroad).

Comment

I am not impressed with their treatment of fans. They have been using stolen artwork of mine multiple times. They promised to delete it nearly 2 months ago and there are still 7 instances of stolen art on Facebook. They even blocked me on Twitter when I tweeted to GateWorld about GateWorld unknowingly re-tweeting a post containing my stolen art.

Comment

They are currently in a bit of a bind themselves, with a fake account shamelessly copying their account.

Karma @ work

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  They are currently in a bit of a bind themselves, with a fake account shamelessly copying their account.

Karma @ work
                  Found it-- looks like the fake account might be selling fake Babylon 5 event tickets.

Comment

This has been postponed due to corona concerns. Not new date announced.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cal Mah doesn't happen until the end of May.
                      I find the COVID19 excuse a little too convenient.

Mind you, precaution is always better than being sorry, but I'm nevertheless finding it a little curious.

Our government, for example, has advised events taking place in the coming month -- current deadline, april 3rd -- to be cancelled or delayed. Events with more than 1000 people (999 is fine, ) in a confined space, indoors or outdoors.

Cal Mah, however, takes place 2,5 months (in a different country).
                      I find it highly unlikely that a country would not be able to contain the spread in 2,5 months.

But anywho... I hope people can get their tickets refunded or placed to later date (albeit let's not forget that other virus currently going through Europe, by the name of Brexit), and have their hotelbookings refunded so they can be used at a later date.

As for a coming convention in Belgium, FACTS in Ghent, I think we can safely assume they'll have to cancel their Spring edition. It's on the 4/5th of April, and generally attracts 15 to 20,000 people per day.
                      Wasn't planning on attending as a visitor because the guest list is disappointing at best.

Comment

Forget I said anything... the UK is going for "herd imunity" instead of lockdown, or close down so the virus has free reign to spread wide there.

Good luck!

Comment

Thread title edited.

We're on Lockdown week 7 here so...could be a while before the organisers get the go on rescheduling this event.

For a full statement go to their News page: LINK
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                          X