Philosophical question on racial hierarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
    Well, let's say it in terms of human morality then. Alien X pops his head out of the clouds and kills someone. What does Alien X have to be in order for humans to look at each other and say 'yeah, he didn't do anything immoral cuz him killing a human is like us killing a bug'?
    in Lovecraftian terms (cause I feel this is where it's going) at least Outer God or upper Great Old One level :|

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Unless some of you are aliens in disguise.
    no I'm not

Comment

^-Yes, he/she/it is. I've never heard of "Yurp".

Comment

^ no dude(tte) I'm not
        I'm human
        very normal human
        from the human planet
        just like all you humans

(ain't Yurp how you mericans pronounce it?)

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
          I think ppl are overthinking my question. Let me rephrase.

If I asked you, the individual reading this post, does the color my skin make me superior and that those who do not have it are cockroaches beneath my feet? Most if not all of you will say no.

If I asked you, the individual reading this post, does my technology that lets me travel across time and space make me superior that those who do not have it and are cockroaches beneath my feet? Most if not all of you will say no.

If I asked you, the individual reading this post, does my telekinetic abilities make me superior and that those who do not have it are cockroaches beneath my feet? Most if not all of you will say no.

If I asked you, the individual reading this post, does me living on a higher plane of existence make me superior and that those who do not are cockroaches beneath my feet? Most if not all of you will say no.

So under what condition can I ask "does my [insert unique property here] make me superior and that those who do not have it and are cockroaches beneath my feet?" and you, the person reading this post, will say yes? What is that unique property?
          So what abilities does a being have to posses so that humanity would totally acquiesce entirely to their will, to the point of simply accepting such an entity's desire to kill on a whim, as an action that cannot be questioned? None; and I mean that unfortunately as an answer with double meaning. There as some people who will submit to regular mortal flawed humans, who have just as many flaws and shortcomings as they do, and are by no reasonable measure better then they are simply because they have more money, or in the case of a dictatorship a monopoly on violence within the state they rule. It stands to reason the more abilities that a being posses that give them an advantage over other people, the more people would cow to them simply so they can feel as if they're on the winning team. On the other hand, if there is a God and he or she is literally omnipotent and omniscient and for some reason or another they decide to manifest on Earth. They part seas, and dissipate hurricanes, turn rocks into cheese, and have the sun do a disco like color changing effect, just to attract the presence of the media and bystanders with cell phones, not so they can brag about how they have the power and the right to smite anyone and everyone they wish, but to give out the secrets of the universe and an easy to follow 'recipe' on how to live a happy fulfilled life. There are some who would flip the bird at God, and walk away.

As for crushing spiders or cockroaches, I guarantee you if a Charlotte's web style event ever provably happened, where at least one species of spider demonstrated self awareness and enough intelligence to communicate their thoughts through language, there would be groups of activist who would be advocating for those spidesr to be granted rights and protections, and pigs too if it's very specifically like Charlotte's web. Humans are fantastically awesome like that.

Comment

The only way a human would accept the killing of another human by a superior being, is if there's no capacity for free thinking, free choice or the presentation of emotions to care for another human being.

All of the above or some of the above are present, however, in all humans which means we would in theory see the act as unacceptable. We would be inclined to resist, no matter how dire the situation might look. One has to look no further than to any oppressed minority, to see that we, humans, will always stand up for our own kind (by which I mean human kind, because we are a cruel race by nature towards those who do not conform to the traditional norm of being set forth by societies in whatever form this transpires -- race, sex, color of skin, gender, religion, language, ...).
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
            X