Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipation Wishlist Thread!

Really looking for to this series!

I read a few of the New52 comics, which featured Alice, supernatural elements, and Detective Maggie.

While I was interested, there was really nothing that grabbed me about the character of Batwoman, Kate Kane.

I think the series where I got a lot of interest and insight into the character was the 52 weekly comic series, where Renee Montoya became the newest Question. Seeing their dynamic and chemistry was fantastic and cool. It also did a great job of showing her background.

But while I'm so glad to have a Bat character on screen with all the comics costumes and all, I just have a few things I want and a few I hope they avoid.

No show's first season is without some duds (see Supernatural and Stargate SG-1), so I am just hoping to see a few key things:

* Kate's personality shine through and not just a clone of Ollie's tough, my way or the highway approach.

* What drives her on an emotional level, not just out of respect for her cousin, but really a clear arc for her first season.

* If not this season, then I would love to eventually see Renee join the series as recurring or a regular character. The dynamic of one being out and the other hiding her orientation is compelling.

* They leverage her own rogues, but not a supervillain of the week plot. Start with one overall supervillain and then have intense, but overall regular crime stopping action.

* Clearly depict some red line boundaries she has, whether it's lying or avoiding guns, whatever, we need to know where she stands on things, not just that she's standing up.

* For the first season only, small references to the other CW Arrowverse shows. No guest spots until Crisis.

* Teases about the Crime Bible.

What I hope they avoid:

* Writing her too far in one direction that she isn't relatable to a broader audience.
    * SG1 faltered with Sam Carter's introduction but having her seem like she had a huge chip on her shoulder, but she quickly mellowed out in the same episode.

* Using too many Batman villains too quickly, DC has a host of villains that could be leveraged and they all don't have to come from one source.

I think you forget an important wish.

This airs on Sunday evenings. Let's hope it doesn't get preempted or delayed (so DVR misses half of it) by jockstrap crap that runs long. Granted, CW doesn't usually carry such, but with football, basketball, hockey and all the rest, local affiliates might put that programming on.

Comment

Hmm, I haven't thought of that. Mostly cause I watch online, a week after the episode airs. Though, Maybe CW lets you watch it the next day, I can't recall.

Comment

CW does let you watch the day after on their app. I do all the time as sometimes I can't stay up to watch the shows. The football thing is not even relevant for CW shows. The channel doesn't air games
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          CW does let you watch the day after on their app. I do all the time as sometimes I can't stay up to watch the shows. The football thing is not even relevant for CW shows. The channel doesn't air games
          The CW network doesn't. But the CW is an OTA network, available via antenna. It's carried on the subchannels of major network affiliates; the .x channels. Locally, it's on the ABC affiliate.

And that affiliate is not above pre-empting scheduled content on it's .x channels if there are multiple jockstrap crap events that it has the rights to at the same time. Hence, Sunday nights are a concern.

Comment

Working...
          X