Default RIP Aron Eisenberg, 1969-2019

Don't know the cause yet, but it seems that Aron Eisenberg -- known to us Trek fans as Nog in DS9 -- was rushed to hospital earlier today. Just a few minutes ago, the Twitter account of Ira Steven Behr's DS9 Documentary confirmed that Aron has passed away

EDIT: Also confirmed by Aron's wife on Facebook
    Last edited by DigiFluid; September 21st, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Default Re: RIP Aron Eisenberg, 1969-2019

What? He wasn't even that old
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Awww this is so sad. I'm just a couple of days away from a DS9 rewatch too as I'm showing my partner all of Trek for the first time. This is going to leave a bittersweet note because I just know they're going to adore Nog.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    What? He wasn't even that old
    He'd had health issues for quite some time...I know a few years ago, he'd have died if not for a kidney transplant he received. I'd speculate it's related to that, but then, I have no way of knowing for sure.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    He'd had health issues for quite some time...I know a few years ago, he'd have died if not for a kidney transplant he received. I'd speculate it's related to that, but then, I have no way of knowing for sure.
    And that was the second of his kidney transplants....he was born with only one and it failed when he was 14 and had to get the first of his transplants then and had to go on dialysis until the transplant was completed

Reactions from around the Trekverse:

I have lost a great friend and the world has lost a great heart @AronEisenberg He was a man of conviction and enormous sensitivity and the best of humanity. Kitty and I grieve for Aron, his boys, and Malissa. Flights of angels my friend...you will be missed. There are no words...
    - Armin Shimerman, "Quark" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

I have just learned of Aron’s untimely passing. I have to catch my breath. Aron was such a pure, sweet soul and gifted artist. He was a dedicated collaborator and friend. My condolences and love to his wife and family.
    - Rene Auberjonois, "Odo" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

This sweet spirit. I knew all this to be absolutely true. One of the bravest people I knew. I am devastated. Sending love to everyone who loved him and his family.
    - Nana Visitor, "Kira Nerys" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Dear Aaron, I will miss our playful spirited bantering and I will miss our deep conversations. I will miss your kind and loving self, thank you for our friendship. RIP.
    - Terry Farrell, "Jadzia Dax" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

My eyes are blinded by tears. My ears are deafened by sobs. It’s Sunday morning and you are no longer on earth but in the heavens @AronEisenberg
    - Penny Jerald Johnson, "Kasidy Yates" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

My friend, my pal, Aron Eisenberg, has left us. Over the years it was always, always a joy to be in his company, to work with him, to play with him, to laugh with him. I admired his courage as he dealt with his lifelong health issues. He was a man filled with passion and love.
    - Jeffrey Combs, "Weyoun" & "Brunt" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (plus several other Trek roles)

We are aching and sorry more than words can ever say. Rest In Peace, @AronEisenberg. We will always love you and Nog

We love you, Malissa. You are family, and you always will be
    - Chase Masterson, "Leeta" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Today I shed so many tears for a friend who always made me smile. Our #startrekfamily has lost a bright light. Aron, you touched the hearts of so many with your warmth, talent, humor & incredible spirit. I will carry the smiles & laughs with me always. Safe journey, my friend
    - Nicole deBoer, "Ezri Dax" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Rest in Paradise, Aron. You were a gem amongst a universe full of coal. Thank you for making me feel like family from day one. Conventions will never be the same without you to make me laugh and play pranks on Cirroc…
    - Hana Hatae, "Molly O'Brien" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

@AronEisenberg was a friend of mine. Tonight it’s hard to think of anything else except maybe to be reminded that all we have is each other to hold on to, to see us through, to give meaning to our lives. It’s going to be a long night.
    - Ira Steven Behr, co-showrunner of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Heartbreaking news. #DS9’s @AronEisenberg has passed away. Aron delt with health issues his whole life but never let that stop him from living it to the fullest. He was a talented actor and a wonderful person. He will be greatly missed.
    - Robert Hewitt Wolfe, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine story editor

I am shocked and heartbroken that we have lost this amazing human being. RIP my friend.
    - Marina Sirtis, "Deanna Troi" in Star Trek: The Next Generation

'Star Trek: DS9' actor Aron Eisenberg, who played Nog, dead at 50, rep https://ajc.com/news/national/star-t...jcG15zrsSwWbP/. Bless his sweet soul
    - Jonathan Frakes, "Will Riker" in Star Trek: The Next Generation

My heart is heavy as I share this. Always smiling, caring and selfless, Aron was always a treat to see. I will miss him. My love to his beautiful family...
    - Denise Crosby, "Tasha Yar" and "Sela" in Star Trek: The Next Generation

Love to all your family and friends and to all the fans who loved you Aron
    - Jonathan Del Arco, "Hugh" in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Picard

So sorry to hear this.
    RIP, Aron.
    - Jeri Ryan, "Seven of Nine" in Star Trek: Voyager

Very sad news. Aron was a kind soul, a great colleague and a beloved member in our @StarTrek family. My condolences to his family and loved ones.
    - Robert Picardo, "The Doctor" in Star Trek: Voyager

Very sad to hear of the passing of my Star Trek brother ?Aron Eisenberg.? Found this video from @DragonCon 2016 that I took of him doing what he loved to do: entertain fans. I will remember him most for his humor and sharp wit. Rest In Peace Aron. You will be missed
    - Garrett Wang, "Ensign Harry Kim" in Star Trek: Voyager

Aaron. I’ll miss you man. I didn’t see enough of you over these last couple years, and I should have. You were one of if not the most kind, genuine, and beautiful people I knew. R.I.P beautiful soul. See you in the infinite. #startrek #startrekds9 #scifi #rip #aaroneisenberg
    - Manu Intiraymi, "Icheb" in Star Trek: Voyager

I am so sorry Malissa. @Malissa_Longo. He was indeed everything you describe him as. My heart is heavy for you and your family. He was one of a kind.
    - Connor Trinneer, "Commander 'Trip' Tucker" in Star Trek: Enterprise

I had the short but sweet pleasure of first meeting Aron at last year’s STLV. Like many others, I am shocked and saddened by this news. He immediately struck me as a lovely, open-hearted, kind, joyful man. I send my best thoughts to his wife and children.
    - Anthony Rapp, "Paul Stamets" in Star Trek: Discovery

My thoughts are with @AronEisenberg’s family and friends. In the short time I’ve been a member of this #StarTrek family, it became clear what a force Aron was and will remain and how much he is loved by all he encountered. He welcomed us so fully and laughed with us heartily. RIP
    - Wilson Cruz, "Dr Hugh Culber" in Star Trek: Discovery

I am so sorry for your loss, Malissa. His support and enthusiasm for Discovery meant the world to me. He will be dearly missed by all.
    - Bo Yeon Kim, showrunner on Star Trek: Discovery

Such sad news. Aron expertly portrayed one of the most emotional character journeys in Trek. We just lost a kind, talented guy.
    - Mike McMahan, creator and showrunner of the upcoming Star Trek: Lower Decks

Aron Eisenberg’s performance on DS9, and his character’s growth over the course of the series, made a profound impression on me as a teenager who was still finding himself. My deepest condolences to his loved ones and Star Trek family.
    - Aaron Waltke, writer on the upcoming Nickelodeon Star Trek series

We've lost a member of our family today. Rest in Peace, Aron, thank you so much for always brightening our lives with everything you did.
    - Star Trek Online team

He was a wonderful human being, taken from us far too soon.

RIP Aron Eisenberg, 1969-2019.
    - Dayton Ward, author of a number of Star Trek novels

Goddammit.

@AronEisenberg died yesterday at the age of 50. He was a friend, and we pitched a Nog-focused TREK novel, though it never went anywhere. He was a good person, a great actor; Nog was one of the most compelling characters in TREK history.

Rest in peace, my friend.
    - Keith R.A. DeCandido, author of a number of Star Trek novels
    Last edited by DigiFluid; September 23rd, 2019 at 05:39 PM.

My mom told me, so sad to hear.

I saw this on Star Trek's website:

What We Left Behind' Pays Tribute to Aron Eisenberg

Here's the same video but on YouTube:

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City