Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FedCon 29: October 22 - October 24 2021 -- Maritim Hotel Bonn (Germany)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedCon 29: October 22 - October 24 2021 -- Maritim Hotel Bonn (Germany)

What is FedCon?

Conventions with passion - and you right in the middle of it

Since 1992, Augsburg-based FedCon GmbH has stood for extraordinary SF and fantasy events. With a lot of heart and soul, passion and experience, the creative team behind the scenes always brings new fantastic con worlds to life, into which you can immerse yourself.

Enjoy the fascinating togetherness of the fan community and experience unforgettable hours together with like-minded people in a pleasant atmosphere. From a relaxed breakfast at the convention hotel, a varied program with your favourite stars and a lot of "from fans for fans" action, to exuberant after-show parties - enjoy the very special magic of a large and unique "Con Family". Indeed magical moments... perfectly created for unique memories of unforgettable event experiences.
    Welcome to your convention world, welcome to us!

Who's coming in May 2020?

Starguests @ FedCon 29

In short, already announced:

Stargate Atlantis
    Joe Flanigan -- Colonel John Sheppard
    Rachel Luttrell -- Teyla Emmagan
    David Hewlett -- Doctor Rodney McKay
    Paul McGillion -- Doctor Carson Beckett
    David Nykl -- Doctor Radek Zelenka

Babylon 5
    Claudia Christian

Star Trek
    Marina Sirtis (also SG-1 Watergate)

And more to be announced in the coming months.

Tickets
    Regular weekend ticket goes for 135 € (euro).
    If you have plenty to spend, you can also choose Gold, which goes for 899 € or Platinum, which goes for a whoppin' 1599 €.

Photoshoot and autograph tickets range between 25 € and 45 €.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Can't wait for it! Already booked my weekend ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
      Can't wait for it! Already booked my weekend ticket!
      Gold or Platinum?

I might do it... just have to figure out if I can do it, and what the hotel will cost us, and how transport can be arranged (car or train, but car would be preferred).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Gold or Platinum?
        Gosh, no! Nah, just a regular ticket. If one day, I happen to win a lottery I might think of a gold ticket.

I might do it... just have to figure out if I can do it, and what the hotel will cost us, and how transport can be arranged (car or train, but car would be preferred).
        I suppose car might be cheaper... People keep telling to switch from car to public transport but that's barely feasible with the prices you have to pay for a train ticket... It'd be great to meet you there, though, so I hope you can come.

Most of the actors have already been to FedCon at least once and were great fun to see on stage. I'm very pleased they could invite Rachel over to Bonn, haven't seen her before and am really looking forward to see her.

Comment

Gosh, no! Nah, just a regular ticket. If one day, I happen to win a lottery I might think of a gold ticket.
          I nearly choked on my cookie when I spotted those two tickets.

I suppose car might be cheaper... People keep telling to switch from car to public transport but that's barely feasible with the prices you have to pay for a train ticket... It'd be great to meet you there, though, so I hope you can come.
          According to google maps it would be approximately a 2-hour drive by car, so that's remarkably close-by (from my place to Bonn, by ways of The Netherlands).

My sister would like to go to a ballroom theater show and then I said cool, we can do both. First to the UK for that, and then to Germany for FedCon.

Comment

Another announcement

I will be there, I live about 50 kilometers away
            sigpic

Comment

Kate Hewlett is coming...

Comment

*coming out of lurker land, brushing off sand and moss and whatever else might be there*

Ok, so some people are planning on coming to FedCon. I really wanted to join but could not decide because I cannot seem to convince anyone I know to make the trip to Germany.

I guess I just wanted to say hi! and who knows maybe we can wave at each other around the con too.

* blends back into the shadow ... hopefully i'll manage to post again and not let 10 more years pass.. oops*

Comment

Well, this is officially a bust for me... and therefore a no-go...

My sister has other plans so that means I'm dead in the water.

Maybe some local convention (like the one this weekend) will invite some of them some edition, and if not... ah well... tough luck.

Comment

I'm so sorry, FH. It stinks to have plans fall through.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Sorry to hear that, FH. Would've been great to see you there.

Hi Froggy_freek, don't hesitate to post. It'd be a shame to wait another ten years!

Comment

News from Fedcon:

* Jewel Staite had to cancel her appearance due to work
                        * Alex Kingston was announced as guest -- while she's not a Stargate guest, she's an incredible person to meet.

I just met Alex last weekend and I haven't had this much fun with an actor since John Barrowman at FACTS (Ghent -- Belgium) last year. She's worth it.

Comment

It long looked like they would be able to go forth on their preferred weekend at the end of May, but I just saw on twitter that Fedcon too has postponed this editon, to the weekend of 10 - 12 of July.

Comment

Yep, too early IMO. I don't think large conventions will be allowed by then but there's always hope.

Had some difficulties booking a room for the new date, every bed in the nearest vicinity was gone in a matter of three hours. Now I have a hotel at the rear end of Bonn instead of a cosy flat within walking range.

Comment

I don't we'll be allowed out of the country this summer... At least, we're not counting on going on holiday any time soon.

Besides, like I said to my sister yesterday... we'll be the schmucks who'll end up quarantined until such time a vaccine is ready cause we probably didn't get infected and therefore have no antibodies to protect ourselves when they open up the country again.

Comment

Working...
                              X