Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FedCon 29: October 22 - October 24 2021 -- Maritim Hotel Bonn (Germany)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's postponed again, to October 9th 'till 11th 2020.
    https://www.fedcon.de/en/
    sigpic

Comment

Edited the thread title.Hope all goes well later this year!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I doubt this will happen but who knows...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Know what you mean!

No further changes as yet,but there's still a long way to go regarding this virus and public safety.

Comment

And again, I think it was to be expected:
            Postponed again
            sigpic

Comment

Yep,I'm not the least surprised.

Edited the thread title.

Comment

Thanks
                sigpic

Comment

Y'welcome!

Hopefully all will go well ,and next May everyone attending/appearing can have a great time without as many limitations on just about everything as there are this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Hopefully all will go well ,and next May everyone attending/appearing can have a great time without as many limitations on just about everything as there are this year.
                    At least 2 years... so... expect restrictions and/or cancellations to continue.

But by then we have hopefully found our stride in how to implement restrictions and safety measures.

Comment

Folks, keep an eye on YT because a lot of Zoom based con panels are going on.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

They did an online thing at the original date, where they showed panels from early FedCons and had live talks e.g. with ESA. It was fun, but not as much like the real thing. People were asked to do short videos of themselves and they made a closing video out of it.
                        sigpic

Comment

And hee we go again
                          Moved to July
                          I could use some good news
                          sigpic

Comment

Edited the title.Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              Edited the title.Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time!
                              I think we should go by the assumption that it will most likely be postponed a few more times.

So long as Covid-19 isn't fully under control, we're gonna have to make do.

The FACTS convention organisers (takes place in Ghent, Belgium) announced yesterday that they'll be having the con in the first weekend of November. I am cautiously optimistic but I think 2021 is not going to be the year we'll see cons return -- unless virtually.

Comment

Aaaaand changed booking, again.

I think they were a bit optimistic to settle for such an early date. Maybe it would've been better to wait for the end of summer/begin of autumn, when more people have had the chance to get vaccinated. Also, many people already have booked their summer holidays (if travel is possible by then at all). Not too happy with July. Also, think of all the poor Cosplayers, sweating in their costumes when it's 25+ °C.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I think we should go by the assumption that it will most likely be postponed a few more times.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X