Fanfiction awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanfiction awards

For those of you who write fanfiction and have posted your stories on Archive of Our Own, you might be interested in this:

https://www.themarysue.com/archive-o...-award-winner/

I posted this in another section here on Gateworld, but thought this might be seen by more people.

Still very much amused by this.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If you write, finish and publish a fan fiction then it is a personal award anyway that you have contributed to the fandom.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        If you write, finish and publish a fan fiction then it is a personal award anyway that you have contributed to the fandom.
        Indeed, but who doesn't want to say "I won a Hugo Award!" ... "Well, I publish on the archive that won a Hugo Award, but semantics, right."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Indeed, but who doesn't want to say "I won a Hugo Award!" ... "Well, I publish on the archive that won a Hugo Award, but semantics, right."
          What name do you publish under? I still read stuff on that site.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            What name do you publish under? I still read stuff on that site.
            I'm Falcon Horus pretty much everywhere, though on AO3 it's one word.

Comment

Working...
            X